Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 speelunker22

LLMMLL wrote: »
    I never said it was organised. In fact a few pages ago I specifically said it wasn’t an organised campaign. Generally a few TERFs come up with a new tactic like claiming misogyny, pretending they are concerned about vulnerable young people, or in this case claim that every new piece of language used by TRAs are a slur. Other TERFs see the advantages of these nonsense claims and start making the claims themselves.

Bit strange to compare TERFism to the spectrum of sexuality. Just because sexuality is diverse doesn’t mean that any ideology is diverse. Like all ideologies, there is a little diversity with TERFism. But it’s clear you all pretty much share the same core opinions.

Obviously part of the TERF campaign is to project the “I’m just a concerned citizen” image as part of a PR tactic. They know the more they appear as an ideological group, the more it will harm assessment of their “concerns”. Pure PR.

The word TERF doesn’t shut down discussion. It assists and promotes discussion. It describes someone who holds a set of opinions and allows me to refer to them without having to say “a pers on who believes .....” and list a bunch of opinions which frankly would be quite dull to write or read.

Right I understand now - you absolutely refuse to stop using the word TERF as it conveniently allows you to label people with whom you disagree. You believe that all people with whom you disagree share the same opinion and you therefore can label them all with a single derogatory term so that you do not not have to acknowledge "their" dull opinions.

And in addition, despite repeatedly words such as PR campaign, tactics and ideology, you believe that this "ideological group" is not organised.

I'm glad I finally have a good idea of how open minded you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They are women in the first place. Any kind of transitioning doesn’t change that.

No .

They are a subset of men who self identify as women ,they start out as men and self identify as women and then eventually transition back to men .

Sunsets are pretty easy to follow unless your on a wind up

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

They are women in the first place. Any kind of transitioning doesn’t change that.
    Evidence please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Evidence please.

You might want to pack a lunch and cancel the milk, you’re in for a wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Again, and this is the take home message, the word cis is not required. And if you still believe a distinction other that woman/transwomen is required - which you do as you are willfully ignorant of what makes someone a women-- you can use trans and non-trans. No need for cis.

But let's be honest, you'll still use it as you know people don't like it, along with TERF, but sure isn't that the point.

No, I hate ‘non-trans’. I’m a woman, not a non-trans woman.

• Advertisement

No, I hate ‘non-trans’. I’m a woman, not a non-trans woman.

I’m a woman. An adult human female.

Not “cis”, not “non-trans” - not “womxn”.

Woman. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Right I understand now - you absolutely refuse to stop using the word TERF as it conveniently allows you to label people with whom you disagree.

Correct
    You believe that all people with whom you disagree share the same opinion and you therefore can label them all with a single derogatory term so that you do not not have to acknowledge "their" dull opinions.

Incorrect. I disagree with lots of people about lots of different things. I don’t think they all share the same opinions. That would be quite crazy.

I believe that TERFs all share the same opinions. It’s not a derogatory term it’s a descriptive neutral term.

I also don’t think their opinions are dull. Transphobic....yes, but not dull.

And in addition, despite repeatedly words such as PR campaign, tactics and ideology, you believe that this "ideological group" is not organised.

Correct. And I'm pretty sure if you actually think about it, you'll acknowledge that you don't have to be part of an organized group to share their ideology.

Gervais08 wrote: »

Woman. End of.

You're both a cis woman and a woman. Being part of a subgroup does not mean you're not part of the supergroup.

You're both a cis woman and a woman. Being part of a subgroup does not mean you're not part of the supergroup.

Can be in Cream then ? Better than whatever group deniers of reality are in.

And I’m NOT “cis” and you have been asked not to use that term but apparently you are okay to use terms people find offensive without penalty.

Go figure.

Gatling wrote: »
    No .

They are a subset of men who self identify as women ,they start out as men and self identify as women and then eventually transition back to men .

Sunsets are pretty easy to follow unless your on a wind up

I may be misunderstanding you but it sounds like you are claiming all trans people detransition.

• Advertisement

Evidence please.

It's not something which can be proved or disproved. Equally you cannot prove that trans women are not women.

It's not something which can be proved or disproved. Equally you cannot prove that trans women are not women.

Yeah you can - medical exam, blood tests, chromosomal analysis, bone density, pelvic measurements, autopsy ....

You just choose to ignore science, biology and reality.

Can be in Cream then ? Better than whatever group deniers of reality are in.

And I’m NOT “cis” and you have been asked not to use that term but apparently you are okay to use terms people find offensive without penalty.

Go figure.

Absolutely. I can claim any term is offensive to me and ask you not to use it. It takes more than that to curb the use of someone else's language, as you are well aware.

Gervais can you stop using the letter "e". I find it offensive.

Yeah you can - medical exam, blood tests, chromosomal analysis, bone density, pelvic measurements, autopsy ....

You just choose to ignore science, biology and reality.

Nope. That just proves that the individual in question does not have the chromosomes, bone density etc. Of cis women. The only group that TERFs consider to be women.

using the term terf is a prime example of bullying ,only used to one or two posters under the guise of discussion ,

Still Don't understand how it's allowed to repeatedly used by the same posters yet on other threads there would be consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 27 speelunker22

Correct

Incorrect. I disagree with lots of people about lots of different things. I don’t think they all share the same opinions. That would be quite crazy.

I believe that TERFs all share the same opinions. It’s not a derogatory term it’s a descriptive neutral term.

I also don’t think their opinions are dull. Transphobic....yes, but not dull.

Correct. And I'm pretty sure if you actually think about it, you'll acknowledge that you don't have to be part of an organized group to share their ideology.

Thanks. I think your interpretation of everything I've said and your answers clarify for me your level of tolerance, intelligence and understanding.

using the term terf is a prime example of bullying ,only used to one or two posters under the guise of discussion ,

Still Don't understand how it's allowed to repeatedly used by the same posters yet on other threads there would be consequences

Yeah I'm bullying the 20 or so people on this thread arguing against me. Lol.

There would be no consequences on any other thread. This is spreading misinformation. TERF is a.perfevtly acceptable term of description.

Thanks. I think your interpretation of everything I've said and your answers clarify for me your level of tolerance, intelligence and understanding.

You're very welcome.

I think it’s because technically, technically one can argue that it isn’t a pejorative term, that it’s just neutrally descriptive. But that’s so dishonest. It is absolutely used in a negative manner. It is a pejorative. It’s a socially acceptable, “progressive” way to call a woman a witch or a bitch. Which is why I cringe when I see women using it. Using a misogynist terms, ladies? Wow, you rock. I wonder have any of the moderators or administrators used the term themselves, either here or elsewhere, and that’s why they are reluctant to admonish its use?

I’ve been called a TERF numerous times on this thread and I will say it hardly bothers me now. I know that lots of people recognise it for the slur that it is and that it only makes the user look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Absolutely. I can claim any term is offensive to me and ask you not to use it. It takes more than that to curb the use of someone else's language, as you are well aware.

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement

I think it’s because technically, technically one can argue that it isn’t a pejorative term, that it’s just neutrally descriptive. But that’s so dishonest. It is absolutely used in a negative manner. It is a pejorative. It’s a socially acceptable, “progressive” way to call a woman a witch or a bitch. Which is why I cringe when I see women using it. Using a misogynist terms, ladies? Wow, you rock. I wonder have any of the moderators or administrators used the term themselves, either here or elsewhere, and that’s why they are reluctant to admonish its use?

I’ve been called a TERF numerous times on this thread and I will say it hardly bothers me now. I know that lots of people recognise it for the slur that it is and that it only makes the user look bad.

It's dishonest to portray it as a slur as part of a PR tactic to stop people referring to the group of people you are part of.

There would be no consequences on any other thread.

Yes there would .

It's up there with shinners bots and blueshirts and you know it ,just like purposely saying men are some how a subset of women completely made up of course (yet you claim fake news )
    I'm pretty sure if descriptive words were used to describe yourself and one or two others bans would be handed out

Yes there would .

It's up there with shinners bots and blueshirts and you know it ,just like purposely saying men are some how a subset of women completely made up of course (yet you claim fake news )
    I'm pretty sure if descriptive words were used to describe yourself and one or two others bans would be handed out

Show me one instance from another thread where there has been mod action around the term TERF

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Woman. End of.

This is it. I thought we all worked hard as a society to give women equal rights, freedom, agency over their own bodies, the decision by themselves to male as to their own sexuality and who the choose to have sex with, their own identity and an appreciation of womens unique qualities, and now its being dragged right back down the drain breaking them up into other groups, labeling them as if just being a woman isnt normal , forcing penises onto lesbians, forcing male identities onto butch/tomboy girls , its sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Show me one instance from another thread where there has been mod action around the term TERF

What do you call Suicide Circus or Wibbs or Sir Oxman in order to conduct the discussion with them( as examples)? They are not feminists. Nor are they even female. Do you have a term for them?

Gruffalux wrote: »
    What do you call Suicide Circus or Wibbs or Sir Oxman in order to conduct the discussion with them( as examples)? They are not feminists. Nor are they even female. Do you have a term for them?

Men can be feminists incoming in 3-2-1 ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Men can be feminists incoming in 3-2-1 ...

Some of those are avowedly not, though. I am not either (in the modern sense) but that is dismissed, and the F can be made stand for female in my case, I suppose. But what to dub the gender theory critical men in the thread who are neither feminists nor female? The radical would have to go too, as the radical is an adjective linked to the feminist part of the term. So what would be the suitable acronym for such men? And why does a handy popularised acronym not already exist for the recalcitrant men in this debate?

Vulgarity incoming - a man calling himself a feminist is the ultimate vadge-drier. It never fails to come across ingratiating to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

No they are not the set as it excludes trans women.

I wouldn’t use the word logical as you are displaying an opinion not logic.

Feminism which excludes men is entirely consistent logic. Feminism is concerned with equality of the sexes in areas where women are not equal to men. It undermines the whole concept of feminism to condemn women who do not share the idea that men have always been women.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

The National WOMENS Council of Ireland appointed a trans identifying male to it's Board yesterday. It's not going down so well - the interesting posts come after these 2 acolytes

https://twitter.com/DoodyAlisha/status/1327565715461779456?s=20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement