Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Traveller Bays Carrickphierrish Road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Azatadine wrote: »
    https://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/projects/public-consultations/index.htm

Looks like they are planning to add even more bays to that place.

im sure it ll just be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Scroll down that page and you'll see: "Proposed Nuclear Power Station at Sizewell C, Suffolk, England, UK"

Give me the nuclear power station as a neighbour over the travellers any day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

What could possibly go wrong. God love any poor fcuker who paid a small fortune for a house out that way. Waterford council has your back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Social housing and travellers, it's pretty clear what the policy of the council is. Social cleansing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bluess99

Thats already after been approved by Council it stands where the original site is. They are going to knock down the dwellings that are there, and move all the carvans and the one thats on stills that appeared over night and built 7 brand new houses with a day house. Council defiantly looking after the Travelling Community up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Social housing and travellers, it's pretty clear what the policy of the council is. Social cleansing.

What's wrong with social housing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    Scroll down that page and you'll see: "Proposed Nuclear Power Station at Sizewell C, Suffolk, England, UK"

Give me the nuclear power station as a neighbour over the travellers any day.

I'd rather live in Chernobyl than in Carrickphierish.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

bluess99 wrote: »
    Thats already after been approved by Council it stands where the original site is. They are going to knock down the dwellings that are there, and move all the carvans and the one thats on stills that appeared over night and built 7 brand new houses with a day house. Council defiantly looking after the Travelling Community up there.

7 brand new houses and a day house? When it's obvious that they prefer to live in caravans? When it's obvious that they'll wreck the 7 brand new houses and day house like they wreck everything else? When it's obvious that they will contribute nothing towards any of this and, instead, the taxpayers will pay their bills as usual.

Could someone please tell me what purpose these people serve? What do they contribute to society? It must be something really special seeing as how so much money is spent on them and their every whim is accommodated.

They've turned that area into a pigsty and a no-go area for many and now, they're being rewarded for it?! What a lesson to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

What's a day house?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

bluess99 wrote: »
    Council defiantly looking after the Travelling Community up there.

Learning to spell would definitely help clarify your argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Which word did you not understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Vestiapx wrote: »
    Which word did you not understand?

If you don't see a difference between defiantly and definitely, particularly in the context, you should probably drop out of the debate.

Nothing, but it's heavily stigmatized, and these areas are generally slapped together, then largely forgotten about
    If you don't see a difference between defiantly and definitely, particularly in the context, you should probably drop out of the debate.

Really, now why is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

What's a day house?

If the council are lavishing taxpayers money on it then it's a stucco ceilinged townhouse with Rococo flourishes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

It could be argued even that the council's ongoing support for the travelling community in that area is Indeed defiant. It's certainly not in line with the best interests of their other tenants and private home owners in the area.

There hasn't been a lick of planning done up there. They're just throwing up whatever and wherever. That apartment block that's just been plonked in the middle of nowhere being particularly offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

There hasn't been a lick of planning done up there. They're just throwing up whatever and wherever. That apparent block that's just been plonked in the middle of nowhere being particularly offensive.

That the block of apartments kinda on the other side of the road from the library that just seems to be in the middle of a field, alone?

Perplexing alright

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

That the block of apartments kinda on the other side of the road from the library that just seems to be in the middle of a field, alone?

Perplexing alright

That's the very one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

Can people not lodge an objection similar to any other proposed plan?

Like the apple centre was refused.

Someone pop up a link to Waterford co co where you can put in an objection, we'll all put in an objection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Email to

part8housingsubs@waterfordcouncil.ie

Or written to

Director of Services, Housing Department, Waterford City & County Council, City Hall, The Mall, Waterford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

It has a lot of undesirables who do nothing but watch tv, breed, collect multiple social welfare payments and cause a nuisance of themselves with loud music and general noise. Thats whats wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Must be some money in those stray ponies ,201 202 jeeps all round the gaff

nights wood will be a new caŕrickpherish in a year are the neighbours not a grand bunch not involved in any criminality or vandalism in the area...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Its a shocking indictment that they seem to plan to just keep adding more and more of them to the Carrickphierrish Road. It must be a plan that they have to concentrate them there rather than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

There hasn't been a lick of planning done up there. They're just throwing up whatever and wherever. That apartment block that's just been plonked in the middle of nowhere being particularly offensive.

I think you will find that the main reason that the Carrickpherish area is as it is today is due to the last recession. I recall a very detailed ‘neighbourhood plan’ for the whole area some 116/17 years ago......road was constructed and it was to be followed by two to three major housing developments school etc etc.......we all know what happened Re housing in 2007/2008......have to say the school and library are of very high quality however unfortunately looks like the rest of the planned housing etc will take a lot longer to materialise.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

In theory nothing at all. The issue for me is the mentality that underpins much of it. It's pretty clear that Carrickpherrish is now a defacto ghetto so the council will pile social issue upon social issue and create a no go zone. If you have a policy of social housing you should have the balls to integrate it into the wider population, not stick in on a relief road/shortcut on the under-developed western edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

In theory nothing at all. The issue for me is the mentality that underpins much of it. It's pretty clear that Carrickpherrish is now a defacto ghetto so the council will pile social issue upon social issue and create a no go zone. If you have a policy of social housing you should have the balls to integrate it into the wider population, not stick in on a relief road/shortcut on the under-developed western edge.

Not sure what the exact term that is used but I thought every housing development built since some time in the early ‘00’s had to have a certain percentage of social/affordable type houses...?

It has a lot of undesirables who do nothing but watch tv, breed, collect multiple social welfare payments and cause a nuisance of themselves with loud music and general noise. Thats whats wrong with it.

It also has a lot of hard working people who study, go to work, and contribute to the rest of society.

The reality is, these folks needs have in fact never been met, most of the issues in these areas, is deeply psychological, generational truma, undiagnosed, therefore untreated complex disorders etc etc, which simply creates dysfunction on top of dysfunction, we ve never truly addressed these issues, we ve continually ignored them, and the (Not so) funny thing is, it costs you, the tax payer, a fortune, by not addressing these issues, and not just financially either. Most of these individuals require urgent and serious psychological help from trained professionals, possibly for life, which ultimately doesn't exist in Ireland, unless you have the income to support it, getting such help in Ireland, doesn't come cheap. Rather than doing what's required to try resolve these issues, we ve decided the best thing to do is sit around and ridicule these folks, I'm sure that 'll work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

It also has a lot of hard working people who study, go to work, and contribute to the rest of society.

Would you take that risk on which way the dice landed , gambling your precious mental health, money, time and effort on the hope that you end up living next to your category of people? I know i certainly wouldnt.

• Advertisement

Would you take that risk on which way the dice landed , gambling your precious mental health, money, time and effort on the hope that you end up living next to your category of people? I know i certainly wouldnt.

I'm just talking about regular people in social housing. I don't mind them. I've lived in social housing and wouldn't be ashamed of it either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement