Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) - Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Rumour is Xbox Live Gold is going away in Nov/Dec with release of Series X & S and multiplayer online will be free, hence no 12 months available from Microsoft.
    Everything else will be Gamepass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

Gamestop US are starting the old trade-in-to-trade-up-console deals again .... Might be coming to Ireland then!!

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/09/gamestop_announces_trade-in_offers_for_the_xbox_series_s_and_x

Also... maybe not a bargain yet, depends on your perspective as many got the Rocket League game free at the start.

It's going down the fortnite route

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/09/rocket_league_officially_goes_free-to-play_on_xbox_next_week

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Treppen wrote: »
    Gamestop US are starting the old trade-in-to-trade-up-console deals again .... Might be coming to Ireland then!!

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/09/gamestop_announces_trade-in_offers_for_the_xbox_series_s_and_x

Hopefully they do GameStop offered me €90 trade in for my one s against the series x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Hopefully they do GameStop offered me €90 trade in for my one s against the series x

One S is currently €120 in GameStop. The base Xbox One is €90.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Rogue Company is free now!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rogue Company is free now!

Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

3 months of Game Pass - which converts to 2 months of Game Pass Ultimate for €14.09 on cdkey.com

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/3-month-xbox-game-pass-xbox-one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Quick one. Im looking to get gold again. Is the €1 thing still working for ultimate? So if I have 2 years gold and do the 1 year ultimate upgrade it converts for the two years?

Just looking to get gold the cheapest way possible really. Ultimate is just a bonus if it works that way.

Any help would be great

EDIT: just saw it in the game pass thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭TrivialArguer

Any use?

Didnt try it yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

FIFA 20 for €4.99 on CDKeys for ‘Uk accounts only’. Does that include us?

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/fifa-20-xbox-one-uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

quad_red wrote: »
    FIFA 20 for €4.99 on CDKeys for ‘Uk accounts only’. Does that include us?

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/fifa-20-xbox-one-uk

Ea play is coming to gamepass in 3 weeks anyway if you can wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

Spotted on bargain alerts, there is a few peripherals for Xbox including headsets and controllers once they are in the kids basket for 24 hours you can get a 15% discount

First order on a "kids wish list" looks to allow 15% off certain goods.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=22081309031

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Apologies if this is not the right thread - I have a series X on the way. Not had an xbox for a while now. Am I right in saying if I buy 12 months EA Access (eg: https://www.cdkeys.com/ea-access-12-month-subscription it will convert to 12 months Games Pass Ultimate?

I have a trial of Games Pass Ultimate at the moment (using it on the PC)

EDIT - Just found what looks like a reasonable answer from the comments at https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-12-months-ea-accessplay-ps1685-at-shopto-3559163

"It’s been confirmed now that if it’s redeemed through your Microsoft account by the 10th Nov, that it will convert to Gamepass ultimate at a ratio of 3:1. It doesn’t matter if it’s a shop bought code or bought direct through the Microsoft website, or through your Xbox itself.

What won’t work, is if you buy EA play through Origin (PC) or PlayStation. You just need to have EA play active on the same Microsoft account as your Gamepass Ultimate subscription."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is not the right thread - I have a series X on the way. Not had an xbox for a while now. Am I right in saying if I buy 12 months EA Access (eg: https://www.cdkeys.com/ea-access-12-month-subscription it will convert to 12 months Games Pass Ultimate?

I have a trial of Games Pass Ultimate at the moment (using it on the PC)

No, it'll convert into about 4 months I think. Look at the first post on this thread to see how to convert live into GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Any deals out there for ]annual Xbox Live or Xbox Live Gold subscription please?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any deals out there for ]annual Xbox Live or Xbox Live Gold subscription please?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Have a read through the gamepass thread.

Have a read through the gamepass thread.

Cheers for the reply.
    So Gamepass is the same price as what I'm paying for Gold Live monthly. But I can get Gold live for about €45 per year, couldn't see any annual price for game pass similar to that.

It's for my son, all he wants to be able to do is connect/play online & talk to his friends in Fortnite. That's 98% of what he plays so he's not interested in the loads of other games game pass would offer.

Thanks,
    Pa.

Cheers for the reply.
    So Gamepass is the same price as what I'm paying for Gold Live monthly. But I can get Gold live for about €45 per year, couldn't see any annual price for game pass similar to that.

It's for my son, all he wants to be able to do is connect/play online & talk to his friends in Fortnite. That's 98% of what he plays so he's not interested in the loads of other games game pass would offer.

Thanks,
    Pa.

You buy 2 years of gold and redeem it, then it costs €1 to convert all 2 years to Gamepass Ultimate.

You buy 2 years of gold and redeem it, then it costs €1 to convert all 2 years to Gamepass Ultimate.

HI again,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm guessing it's obvious but why buy 2 years of gold? If I buy 1 can I not convert to Gamepass ultimate for €1?

• Advertisement

HI again,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm guessing it's obvious but why buy 2 years of gold? If I buy 1 can I not convert to Gamepass ultimate for €1?

You can, but the more Gold you stack the more you save. You can stack upto 36 months of subs.

To maximize it buy 30 months of Gold(2 x 12 month, 1 x 6 month), enter one code and turn on auto renew for a free month when prompted. Turn off auto renew and enter the next code, you'll be offered a free month to turn on auto renew again, repeat for 3rd code.

This will give you 33 months of Gold, now turn off auto renew once again and use the 1 month Game Pass Ultimate for €1 offer and once again turn on auto renew when prompted for a free month.

This will leave you with 35 months of GPU for ~€116 instead of costing ~€450.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Just got a Series X. Trying to get the best bang for my buck here. When I try to get Live Gold on the xbox site it only has 1 month or 3 months. Where can I get the 12 and 6 moths?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

tusk wrote: »
    Just got a Series X. Trying to get the best bang for my buck here. When I try to get Live Gold on the xbox site it only has 1 month or 3 months. Where can I get the 12 and 6 moths?

I think gold is being discontinued ? :confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Buy from the likes of CDKeys, instant-gaming etc.

I think the cheapest when I last looked was when I had a quick trip to Brazil for their Gold deals.

greenspurs wrote: »
    I think gold is being discontinued ? :confused:

Ya can't remember where I read it but Microsoft said they were discontinuing gold codes.
    Other places like Smyth's, CD Keys will still have stock but I wouldn't hold out.

Considering they're incorporating EA games and trialling Disney+ , I can't see them leaving this offer up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Treppen wrote: »
    Ya can't remember where I read it but Microsoft said they were discontinuing gold codes.
    Other places like Smyth's, CD Keys will still have stock but I wouldn't hold out.

Considering they're incorporating EA games and trialling Disney+ , I can't see them leaving this offer up.

What do you mean trialing Disney+

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What do you mean trialing Disney+

There is currently a GPU perk for 30 days of Disney+

Got the GPU for 35 months there.

Thanks a lot guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Got the GPU for 35 months there.

Thanks a lot guys!

How much you pay?

• Advertisement

118ish

got the 12 and 6 months off cdkeys. They were a bit cheaper on instant-gaming, but never used that so didn't wanna chance it.

Advertisement