Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

wes wrote: »
    They shouldn't just have the one big exclusive. Yeah, Halo packaging would still be on there, but they could have had something else.

Sure, there are great 3rd party games, and I am enjoying them, but the lack of even one first party launch title is pretty bad form.

There are a lot of good things, but we shouldn't ignore where they messed up.

They did, buy and X Tuesday but spend the next week on my PS4 playing Miles Moralis... haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

lfc200 wrote: »
    Mine despite having had labels created on Saturday by MS, is still showing in Dublin on the UPS Tracking. Needs to be in Cork.
    According to the tracking it arrived into dublin yesterday evening at 10pm but nothing done with it since.
    What a shower UPS and their tracking is

Wouldn't worry about it. Mine was the same and it appeared in the afternoon around 2.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

They shouldn't just have the one big exclusive. Yeah, Halo packaging would still be on there, but they could have had something else.

Sure, there are great 3rd party games, and I am enjoying them, but the lack of even one first party launch title is pretty bad form.

The situation does not seem to be much better on Playstation they have a meh Spiderman game that is also on PS4 and a Demon Souls remake.

They do have that new Ratchet and Clank game that looks great.

Smyths tweeting that they can't guarantee they'll get any more Series X's before the end of the year. I actually thought there was going to be another wave on consoles this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I actually got a invoice for one yesterday after cancelling in Sep. Hope another doesn't arrive out will be a nightmare trying to get it back to them

I got a text in the morning from dpd that they would deliver at such and such a time , was able to arrange them to recollect

I’m sure hn would have spotted the mistake eventually but they were quite relieved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The situation does not seem to be much better on Playstation they have a meh Spiderman game that is also on PS4 and a Demon Souls remake.

They do have that new Ratchet and Clank game that look great.

True, they also have Godfall which is console exclusive and Sackboy which is cross gen. I am honestly not bothered too much by cross gen stuff, at least Spidey is a launch title, and Demon Souls looks stunning. They have 4 launch titles for the PS5 that have some measure of being exclusive for Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 and the two best optimised on game pass and I am on the Series S.

The smooth frame rate and Forza and the lack of loading times plus HDR makes this feel like a totally different game I just could not get into this game on my Xbox One.

Gears 5 is great also but I enjoy the racing games more than shooters.
    I'd second having a go of Forza Horizon 4. The lack of most loading times, the 4K60 display and so many things make it feel like a completely new game.

Sea of Thieves is a much more subtle update (the change from 30 to 60fps) and you didn't realise that you were missing it before. But, it's not as night-and-day a difference as with Forza.

Even non-optimised games get a useful boost in load times, etc. Battlefront II loads back into the game so much quicker now, rather than the interminable loading screens. FIFA21 gets a better flow of the game experience (optimised version is due next week).

I even tried some older titles with mixed results.
    Psychonauts (OG Xbox game) loads so quickly that it is very enjoyable - I'd often get bored on loading screens and leave it and the dynamic HDR is really nice in parts. If you don't own it already, it's worth a look but with MS owning Double Fine, it might come to game pass before Psychonauts 2 releases.

The Force Unleashed II - loading times are so much better, but I find the dynamic HDR gets a bit 'mushy' (to use a technical term :)) around the lightsabers.

Red Dead Redemption - The original 360 game was already boosted to 4K on the One X. It's a great game. Fast Travel is quicker, load times better, etc. I haven't had the chance to check out if dynamic HDR has much of an impact here.

I know it sounds like marketing bumpf, but the 'feeling' of getting back into games quicker and greatly reduced loading screens interrupting your play session make a huge difference. Probably one of the reasons I was up so late last night and paying the price this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

I plan on keeping on to an Xbox One for use in another room. Anyone know the best way to set up my Series X for that? Do I have to do some kind of system transfer first or does everything just stay on my Xbox One by default?

I plan on keeping on to an Xbox One for use in another room. Anyone know the best way to set up my Series X for that? Do I have to do some kind of system transfer first or does everything just stay on my Xbox One by default?

Not sure about that I just connected up my external drive from my Xbox One to my new console however games with a next gen patch have to be downloaded again.

I put my Xbox One in another room but just be aware you can only play one game at a time off your user account so if another person tries to run a game in the other room they will be told the account is already playing a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Basil3 wrote: »
    Smyths tweeting that they can't guarantee they'll get any more Series X's before the end of the year. I actually thought there was going to be another wave on consoles this month.

Gamestop said 2nd wave and I am in that come end of November unless there talking crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There are a lot of good things, but we shouldn't ignore where they messed up.

Where they messed up?

A developer delayed a game during Covid?
    Games get delayed, such is life, no need to accuse people of messing up.

I'd rather a better delayed come out then a buggy mess (Fallout 76 as an example)

Halo would have been nice if you're a fan. For me, who's not a huge Halo fan then there's plenty to keep my busy and the improved loading times and performance has made me really happy with the console.

The games will come with time and I think in a year to 18 months there will be a huge library of Xbox exclusive Series S/X games as alll the acquisitions begin to bare fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

There's 4 digital xbox in smyths navan. If anyone stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

You can do either as the poster above said and use a hard drive to transfer games over to the new Xbox or you can use a feature called Network Transfer. You need to have both consoles hooked up to your network and powered on. Then go to the new Xbox, go to settings and locate Network Transfer. Not sue where it is off the top of my head but anyway, from there you can connect to the old Xbox and transfer whatever you want from it.

I would suggest using a wired connection if you are doing this as both consoles connected through Wi-Fi might slow things down a bit.

Have a look on YouTube for a tutorial as the above explanation isn't very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

dave1982 wrote: »
    There's 4 digital xbox in smyths navan. If anyone stuck

The Series S is available in most places - the demand for that is low

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

lfc200 wrote: »
    Mine despite having had labels created on Saturday by MS, is still showing in Dublin on the UPS Tracking. Needs to be in Cork.
    According to the tracking it arrived into dublin yesterday evening at 10pm but nothing done with it since.
    What a shower UPS and their tracking is

Mine arrived in Dublin on Monday

Yesterday was "Out for Delivery"
    Today is "In Transit"

Might get onto MS at this stage caus I ain't getting anywhere with UPS support

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

:rolleyes:
    dan786 wrote: »

Ah OK sorry thought they were more in demand

murpho999 wrote: »
    Where they messed up?

A developer delayed a game during Covid?
    Games get delayed, such is life, no need to accuse people of messing up.

I'd rather a better delayed come out then a buggy mess (Fallout 76 as an example)

Halo would have been nice if you're a fan. For me, who's not a huge Halo fan then there's plenty to keep my busy and the improved loading times and performance has made me really happy with the console.

The games will come with time and I think in a year to 18 months there will be a huge library of Xbox exclusive Series S/X games as alll the acquisitions begin to bare fruit.

I had a Xbox One and a PS4 at launch and the two of them really had nothing good.
    I think the Xbox has the edge from my perspective this time with at the backwards compatibility and Games Pass with EA Play but for true next gen we are going to have to wait for a bit.
    I would have loved the new Halo Game however The Master Chief Collection is getting the upgrade patch next week to keep us busy while we wait for the new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Just arrived from An Post despite it never changing from "Getting Ready for Delivery" on the tracker :)

Fingers crossed everyone else's arrives today too!

Mine just says it was sorted in the Dublin hub 🀣 my postman is a bit reckless he leaves my stuff at the front door in the rain and I'm petrified when I'm doing school runs. It will be gone. And knowing my luck it will

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

True, they also have Godfall which is console exclusive and Sackboy which is cross gen. I am honestly not bothered too much by cross gen stuff, at least Spidey is a launch title, and Demon Souls looks stunning. They have 4 launch titles for the PS5 that have some measure of being exclusive for Playstation.

Godfall is a timed exclusive, it will be on Xbox in April FYI

dan786 wrote: »

Some frustrated parent will just buy that for their kid's Christmas present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Some frustrated parent will just buy that for their kid's Christmas present.

Some frustrated ME will probably just buy it for ME. 😂 I don't have a console anymore and mad to get a Series X.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My pre-order is in with Harvey Norman but no sign of an email from them yet...

Getting a little anxious, as you can imagine...

I banged them off an email to enquire, fingers crossed

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Some frustrated ME will probably just buy it for ME. 😂 I don't have a console anymore and mad to get a Series X.

I'm happy enough to wait. I don't have to have it right now.

dave1982 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Ah OK sorry thought they were more in demand

People who rush out for consoles for launch mostly want all the bells and whistles.

I would guess the Series S will be purchased a lot for Christmas gifts and just because there are sill a few flouting around now if anybody wants to get one I would say get it now don't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

On the launch title topic - Would have been great to have a new Halo game to tuck into on launch with added bonus of it being live day 1 on Game Pass. But I think MS don't get enough credit for the free Series X updates they are pushing out for the like of Gears and Forza. Yeah, they are titles we already have played but playing Gears last night felt like a brand new experience and genuinely looks next get to me at least and Im sure the boundaries can be pushed far more with next get titles built for the system. I'm happy to wait.

If you look at that in contrast to what Sony is doing with the next gen update for Spiderman, its locked behind the Ultimate Edition for Miles Morales so if you already own the game on PS4 you have to get an ultimate edition of Miles Morales to avail of the next gen update.

And Im definitely no fanboying here, I have a PS4 , I just don't think MS get enough credit for these free upgrades they push out and are far more consumer friendly with their ecosystem than the competition. Its no small task to make these games run as well as they do on the new system

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭micks_address

how do you remove a console from the xbox app? Im going to sell on my xbox one s... i reset it, but its still apprearing the xbox app as powered off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Were Smyths deliveries by An Post, UPS, Nightline? Which carrier did they use?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Were Smyths deliveries by An Post, UPS, Nightline? Which carrier did they use?

Smyths normally use DPD

how do you remove a console from the xbox app? Im going to sell on my xbox one s... i reset it, but its still apprearing the xbox app as powered off

Log into your Microsoft account on a PC or Mac and you can remove devices from there I still had an Xbox 360 when I looked I removed it.

https://account.microsoft.com/?ref=MeControl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

is there a way to buy games from the xbox app?

i cant seem to find the store on it

Advertisement