Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Halo Infinite was supposed to be the big show case. Halo stuff all over the Series X box. They really should have had a back up.

Still, the enhanced 3rd party games look and play great. Assassins Creeds works brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

UPS are terrible. With AnPost or DPD I would get text and email and exact time with DPD. My UPS tracking doesnt seem to update for 2 hours after an event. No delivery options to change either

Edit: And UPS own nightline but nightline are 100 times better also

Oh there's no optical audio port, my LS30 headset is not going to work. How did I miss that? Ah well, no better excuse to get a new headset :-D

Check if there is a firmware upgrade. My astro a20 has the same issue, but there was a firmware upgrade, and it works via USB only now just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

String wrote: »
    UPS are terrible. With AnPost or DPD I would get text and email and exact time with DPD. My UPS tracking doesnt seem to update for 2 hours after an event. No delivery options to change either

Edit: And UPS own nightline but nightline are 100 times better also

I actually have a bit of hope that the Nightline driver will deliver it as they’re used to doing residential deliveries and finding addresses, definitely won’t be getting anything direct from MS ever again though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,052 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mine updated to out for delivery since 6am, still nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭antifyre

Waiting on two (one for a mate) - the UPS have been out for delivery since 8.30am from Finglas (now, i'm in wicklow town, but still)

As for Gamestop, the AN Post tracker is now down for some reason, but there was no out for delivery at approx 10.30, so I'm not holding out hope for it today

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

wes wrote: »
    Check if there is a firmware upgrade. My astro a20 has the same issue, but there was a firmware upgrade, and it works via USB only now just fine.

I have the same headset and updated it the other day myself. All set now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Has anybody got their seagate expansion card yet. Pre ordered mine from Microsoft store ages ago but hasn’t been despatched yet ?

Just arrived now two days after the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Going in circles with UPS :mad:

MS forgot to put Limerick on the shipping address, so it went to Cork yesterday. Rang them and they won't change the address until a failed attempt. Sent them an email last night and got a response this morning to say they had passed the new address on to the depot and someone would contact me by 8:30am.

Heard nothing by 9am so rang again to be told they still need a failed attempt before updating the address. I'll be lucky if I have it by Friday at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Despite the An Post site not updating and me having coniptions, postie just delivered it 8)

Took about a minute from power on for the xbox to show the set up code though, nearly cried. Roaring along with the set up now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lionheartronin

Just arrived from An Post despite it never changing from "Getting Ready for Delivery" on the tracker :)

Fingers crossed everyone else's arrives today too!

Question re controllers folks - do the XBox One S controllers work with the X Box X?

Yes Series S and X can use Xbox One controllers and vice versa so your last gen control pads are still of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

ZiabR wrote: »
    Update? All ok now? When I first powered mine on it did stay on the Xbox screen for what felt like minutes before the setup walkthrough started.

I’m in work at the moment but will check when I’m home

When I went to install cod it started making the fan noise , far louder than the pro and my 1x was silent

I’m assuming this should not be the case ?

Will be very frustrating if I have to send back ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Seriously impressed with the Series X - combined with Games Pass Ultimate (for peanuts.. :) ) it's a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

i tried the battery back and it fits but the cover won't fit on the new controller.. tabs are in a different space.. hopefully the manufacture can supply battery covers that will work. Can play without the cover i suppose.

These are ones i got

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G5M8C5R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is your battery pack the official MS one?

As with that you use the same cover that came with the controller.

I’m in work at the moment but will check when I’m home

When I went to install cod it started making the fan noise , far louder than the pro and my 1x was silent

I’m assuming this should not be the case ?

Will be very frustrating if I have to send back ....

Are you installing from a disc? Maybe that's the noise?

I've put the box through it's paces since Monday and there's not been a single sound from the fan.

wes wrote: »
    Halo Infinite was supposed to be the big show case. Halo stuff all over the Series X box. They really should have had a back up.

Still, the enhanced 3rd party games look and play great. Assassins Creeds works brilliantly.

How do you mean had back up? Packaging is done months before so they couldn't change it.

These things happen and Halo will come eventually. Plenty to enjoy on the console in the meantime.

I think there's far too much being made of this "games" issue by many people including journalist and You Tubers.

I've been enjoying Gears 5, Jedi Fallen Order and many more so I'm not complaining and the console is a joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

MS forgot to put Limerick on the shipping address, so it went to Cork yesterday. Rang them and they won't change the address until a failed attempt. Sent them an email last night and got a response this morning to say they had passed the new address on to the depot and someone would contact me by 8:30am.

Heard nothing by 9am so rang again to be told they still need a failed attempt before updating the address. I'll be lucky if I have it by Friday at this stage.

That really sucks. I know it will all soon be forgotten once we have our hands on it, but it's very frustrating waiting beyond the launch day when you preordered and expected it day one!

First world problem of course, and we are very lucky to be getting one at all considering all the horror stories here and on Reddit.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Are you installing from a disc? Maybe that's the noise?

I've put the box through it's paces since Monday and there's not been a single sound from the fan.

Yes ! Hopefully that’s it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mine is still on a slow boat from Liverpool ROFL

• Advertisement

HN delivered an Xbox to me after I had cancelled the order in sept and was refunded.

Rang them up and they collected it

Could have been a costly mistake for them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,529 ✭✭✭micks_address

Is your battery pack the official MS one?

As with that you use the same cover that came with the controller.

No they Smatree ones... 2200 mh

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Mine despite having had labels created on Saturday by MS, is still showing in Dublin on the UPS Tracking. Needs to be in Cork.
    According to the tracking it arrived into dublin yesterday evening at 10pm but nothing done with it since.
    What a shower UPS and their tracking is

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Seriously impressed with the Series X - combined with Games Pass Ultimate (for peanuts.. :) ) it's a bargain.

Games Pass with EA added really is great value I am going to download that Jedi Fallen Order and give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,529 ✭✭✭micks_address

What are the best games to show of the power 4k/hdr etc? I have game pass ultimate...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭skerry

They are a complete disaster. Mine reached me with my name on it, area and local village. No county or country on it and a postcode for the UK. Its a miracle it got here at all. Whether its down to UPS or MS or a bit of both, its baffling that they can be that careless with Parcels worth 500 euro. Hopefully you get sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭skerry

What are the best games to show of the power 4k/hdr etc? I have game pass ultimate...

Played Gears 5 last night in it and I was blown away. I've already played it ok One X but it looks and runs so much better after the update for Series X. I havent tried it yet but I hear Forza Horizon 4 looks awesome after Series X/S update too

I think Forza Horizon 4 and Gears 5 and the two best optimised on game pass and I am on the Series S.

The smooth frame rate and Forza and the lack of loading times plus HDR makes this feel like a totally different game I just could not get into this game on my Xbox One.

Gears 5 is great also but I enjoy the racing games more than shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

HN delivered an Xbox to me after I had cancelled the order in sept and was refunded.

Rang them up and they collected it

Could have been a costly mistake for them

I actually got a invoice for one yesterday after cancelling in Sep. Hope another doesn't arrive out will be a nightmare trying to get it back to them

• Advertisement

How do you mean had back up? Packaging is done months before so they couldn't change it.

They shouldn't just have the one big exclusive. Yeah, Halo packaging would still be on there, but they could have had something else.

Sure, there are great 3rd party games, and I am enjoying them, but the lack of even one first party launch title is pretty bad form.

There are a lot of good things, but we shouldn't ignore where they messed up.

Advertisement