Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

GameStop delivery was only received by An Post yesterday. Hasn't left Dublin hub yet and no text message received notifying me about the package (from An Post).

Hasn't had an update on their tracking system since yesterday afternoon. Obviously won't be here today either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Cheers @Basil3 - what are you using to check stock on Argos? I tried a few old stock check sites but don't appear to be working for the X?

Just did this exact thing. Share your secrets magic man.

Is there API documentation for Argos ?

There's a few S Series on Smyth's.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

jaykay2 wrote: »
    GameStop delivery was only received by An Post yesterday. Hasn't left Dublin hub yet and no text message received notifying me about the package (from An Post).

Hasn't had an update on their tracking system since yesterday afternoon. Obviously won't be here today either.

Same here.

Not looking good for PS5 either being a Thursday launch. Will be the following week before we receive those

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭offalyguy25

jammer84 wrote: »
    Same here.

Not looking good for PS5 either being a Thursday launch. Will be the following week before we receive those

I’d be hoping that even though mine was scanned yesterday midday and wasn’t updated on the An Post site until last night they’ll do the same about delivery, maybe I’ll get it delivered today and then they’ll update site, lots of delays with An Post as apparently they’re hammered out of it these days with all the packages to deliver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Okay, Mate got his order sorted so spare code going for nutgrove

Xbox Series X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

First gameplay impressions.

FH4 is optimised for X, running at 4K60 is a thing of beauty. It almost feels like a different game because of the higher frame rate (I know you could do performance mode with lower detail in the past, but this is full fat, all bells and whistles).

Sea of Thieves optimised and running at 60FPS is a nice difference that I didn't know I needed. If possible, the sea looks more beautiful and everything is just a little bit smoother.

FIFA21 - the optimised version isn't out until next week, so this is just the extra power of the console. The game just runs smoother - you get into a match quicker, for set pieces you're set up for free kicks and corners more quickly. The game just flows more and its easier to stay on for 'one more game'

Cheers @Basil3 - what are you using to check stock on Argos? I tried a few old stock check sites but don't appear to be working for the X?

I just have a personal build of the old check Argos site, but right now the Series X looks completely gone, doesn't even show up as out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The main thing I wanted from the Series X was improved load times, some games are a bit ridiculous with the amount of time wasted just loading like Gta 5

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Yap GameStop another day another no delivery I say

Still in Dublin and needs to come to cork, been waiting on amazon parcel for I think a week now from Dublin yah .... I be lucky to have the Xbox by the weekend

Took the day off and all to play the thing today stupid stupid GameStop being tight and useing an post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Thor wrote: »
    Okay, Mate got his order sorted so spare code going for nutgrove

Xbox Series X

I'd love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Korvanica wrote: »
    I'd love it

Sure will PM you now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Gamestop - Marked 'out for delivery' by An Post. If this is correct I should have it in the next hour or so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Is there any word on when the stocks will be replenished?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Just checked An Post again one more time before work and it says it is out or delivery.

The last update was from yesterday afternoon saying it had been sorted in the Dublin Hub. Received no further updates since then but just now it updated to say it is out for delivery since 6.00am here in Longford.

I will believe it when I see it, but I have gone from thinking it might not bee here this week to being pretty sure I should have it by this evening.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭R.F.

jaykay2 wrote: »
    Just checked An Post again one more time before work and it says it is out or delivery.

The last update was from yesterday afternoon saying it had been sorted in the Dublin Hub. Received no further updates since then but just now it updated to say it is out for delivery since 6.00am here in Longford.

I will believe it when I see it, but I have gone from thinking it might not bee here this week to being pretty sure I should have it by this evening.

Fingers crossed.

you will get it today

mine was the same, tracking only appears yesterday and said was in Dublin, now updated this morning to say it was in my local depot

HAs anyone tried FIFA on the new consoles? I saw the other day that you cannot play FIFA on the new consoles against friends online on the previous gen.

Seems crazy and hoping it is not the case, I understand if its the case once the upgrade comes in next month but would have assummed if you play the BC version it should work??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Something not right with my Xbox

Installing and back making a constant noise

Update? All ok now? When I first powered mine on it did stay on the Xbox screen for what felt like minutes before the setup walkthrough started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

Is it just me or have Argos removed the resevation pages for Series S and Series X and it now says cannot be reserved online.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

R.F. wrote: »
    HAs anyone tried FIFA on the new consoles? I saw the other day that you cannot play FIFA on the new consoles against friends online on the previous gen.

Seems crazy and hoping it is not the case, I understand if its the case once the upgrade comes in next month but would have assummed if you play the BC version it should work??

I think it might. At the moment I have fifa 21 installed but also have a placeholder for fifa 21 next generation for when it releases. Do depends if when that releases ir installs over the old one. I dont think it will a I had two versions of NBK 21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

FutureGuy wrote: »
    There’s no real “next gen” bang off the Series X at all. It’s faster, it’s a little prettier, that’s it.

That's because their are no launch titles. It was always going to be the case. There is nothing to show off the power gains, and there wont really be until we get velocity developed games in 2021. They only thing we gain now is increased framerates on many existing titles and much faster load times. From "Instant On" setting, the console boots up faster than the time it takes for the TV to even realise a device is connected. Literarily 1 second from pressing the Xbox button on the controller to dashboard. It impressive.

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I think it might. At the moment I have fifa 21 installed but also have a placeholder for fifa 21 next generation for when it releases. Do depends if when that releases ir installs over the old one. I dont think it will a I had two versions of NBK 21

have you been able to play against friends on xbox one while playing on the new console?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

R.F. wrote: »
    have you been able to play against friends on xbox one while playing on the new console?

I havent tried to be honest but seasons works and has all my details but don't know what console others were on

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

It says there's one available in Tullamore in Smyths. Way out of my reach, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

Has anybody got their seagate expansion card yet. Pre ordered mine from Microsoft store ages ago but hasn’t been despatched yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

GameStop delivery arrived! Fingers crossed everybody else waiting today gets theirs too.

GameStop in store pre order out for delivery here with An Post now too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

McDermotX wrote: »
    Tried it an hour or two ago, from an ext HDD, and it was fine.

Halo 1 FWIW, if that makes a difference.

Only thing I'd say with games on the external is that when you first hook the drive up it should have asked if you want to 'maintain updates on external, or only ask when starting game' or words to that effect. Just in case there was a small update for titles such as Halo (don't recall seeing one though TBH)

Sound, don't know whats going on there so. I might try fling it onto the internal storage and see how it runs there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

ZiabR wrote: »
    Update? All ok now? When I first powered mine on it did stay on the Xbox screen for what felt like minutes before the setup walkthrough started.

Mine did that when I first turned it on, it was so long that I thought it was frozen and had a problem.

• Advertisement

Just got delivered by An Post :):):)

Advertisement