Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky 500MB Broadband, Tv and and Sky Sports €55pm

• 08-11-2020 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Sky TV, Broadband & Sports €55. €30 set to fee.

Add sports extra and it is €65 per month.

12 month contract.

€50 prepaid MasterCard if you sign up online.

https://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/blackfriday/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

issue with alot of these offers is that the price changes outside of contract or after 12 months. My guess is that this will cause 60-80 euro post 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

phester28 wrote: »
    issue with alot of these offers is that the price changes outside of contract or after 12 months. My guess is that this will cause 60-80 euro post 12 months?

That's why you change provider every 12 months if haggling with them doesn't work. Looks like a really good deal, OP, especially if you like Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yep, at which point you try and get them to make you a better offer (by starting the cancellation process if necessary), and switch to another provider if needed.

Sky, Eir and Vodafone all offering that fibre package now.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

ya changing is not for everyone though. I've experience of it first hand where the change over does not go well and you are left with no BB or phone for 1.5 weeks. spending hours on the phone being asked the really stupid questions (have you tried plugging it out and back in again) when I know that it was a line fault due to the local exchange not being set up correctly.

Would not like to be without during lockdown as I need it for work

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Thanks OP. Seriously good offr.

Sky were charging 60 pm last week for same package, and that was without Sports or 50euro voucher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭glen123

Apologies for a stupid q (it has been a while since I had Sky)

Does it still need Sky dish and a landline?

I currently have FTTH gigabit internet on infrastructure owned by Open Eir. No landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Switching is indeed dependent on the base supplier. FTTC through eir can be problematic whilst FTTH with siro appears to be seamless.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

A lot more:
    TV, Broadband & Sport - €141pm
    TV, Broadband & Cinema - €130pm
    Offer T&Cs wrote:
    Sky TV and Broadband with Sports or Cinema Black Friday offer: New Sky customers only. Sky Q kit is loaned at no extra cost & must be returned at end of relevant subscription. Content depends on subscription. Bundle includes Sky Signature TV, Ultrafast Broadband & Sky Sports or Sky Cinema. €55 a mth for 12 months. Standard pricing thereafter: Sky Signature €41pm; Sky Ultrafast Broadband €60pm; Sky Sports €40pm; Sky Cinema €29pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Good offer if its a 12 month contract rather than being charged €55 a month for 12 months and then hammered for the remainder of the contract.

Any outage if you move from SIRO to Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Decent offer alright

Are sky still charging extra for HD channels?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

glen123 wrote: »
    Apologies for a stupid q (it has been a while since I had Sky)

Does it still need Sky dish and a landline?

I currently have FTTH gigabit internet on infrastructure owned by Open Eir. No landline.

It doesn’t need a landline, but you will need to change FTTH. Sky don’t resell Open Eir’s version, only SIRO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭Soarer

Don’t forget, Sky can up their prices even though you’re in contract.
    It’s part of the terms you agree to when you sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

It's a good deal but for broadband my copper phone line connection is awful so I'm forced to stick with virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

cancelling Sky is a real PITA, factor in several hours of your day wasted trying to cancel in a years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

I have a few months left on a Vodafone contract, does anyone know what Vodafone early cancellation fees are?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

I signed up last week for the sixty a month without all the extras. Would they change it do you think?

When I was quitting them a month ago I called up and said " I am cancelling because I no longer use your service". Maybe I got lucky but the cancellation was immediate. No sales pitching.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

ColdTurkey wrote: »
    I signed up last week for the sixty a month without all the extras. Would they change it do you think?

When I was quitting them a month ago I called up and said " I am cancelling because I no longer use your service". Maybe I got lucky but the cancellation was immediate. No sales pitching.

Use your 14 day cooling off period

Seems to be an issues with building the bundle online.

BB + Sports = €55pm
    BB + Sports + BT = €65pm
    BB + Sports + BT + Movies = €80pm

They are adding €15 instead of €5 for the Sky Cinema package.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

SachaJ wrote: »
    Seems to be an issues with building the bundle online.

BB + Sports = €55pm
    BB + Sports + BT = €65pm
    BB + Sports + BT + Movies = €80pm

They are adding €15 instead of €5 for the Sky Cinema package.

yeah I noticed something similar earlier

lawred2 wrote: »
    yeah I noticed something similar earlier

I think it's a typo on the Sky site. It should say €15 and not €5, IE. half the normal price. If you try an order the Cinema package and add the sports, the sports are charged at half the normal price but max price per months is still €80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Ush1 wrote: »
    It's a good deal but for broadband my copper phone line connection is awful so I'm forced to stick with virgin.

Hmm i think this could be same for me. Message on website saying to call the number as they were unable to identify my availability.

I need it for work, two of us, so to move and have terrible coverage would be a disaster.

Also for those also paying €15.99 a month for Netflix.

On top of the €65pm for Broadband and TV, you can add the UltraHD + HD pack for €12 and the Netflix pack for €6 (it then takes -€1 off the Signature TV pack so it's really €5).

Essentially add the UltraHD channels/Netflix for €17 and cancel your own Netflix sub which is €16. For that extra €1 you are getting the 4k channels.

in my case I'm paying €45pm to Vodafone and €16pm to Netflix. €61pm in total. With Sky it would be €82 for TV, Sports, 4k, Netflix, Broadband. My assumption is that the Netflix account stays as is and it can be watched on multiple non-Sky devices.

Anyone know if you can sideload the Sky Go app on Android TV (OS) or Chromecast from an Android device to ATV?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

jhammer wrote: »
    Hmm i think this could be same for me. Message on website saying to call the number as they were unable to identify my availability.

I need it for work, two of us, so to move and have terrible coverage would be a disaster.

Check with airwire checker. If the VDSL is anything less than 80meg it's probably gonna be not stable and a pain.

I hate being stuck with virgin but no other game in town until eir FTTH. Crazy as I'm in Dublin in an urban area.

SachaJ wrote: »
    Also for those also paying €15.99 a month for Netflix.

On top of the €65pm for Broadband and TV, you can add the UltraHD + HD pack for €12 and the Netflix pack for €6 (it then takes -€1 off the Signature TV pack so it's really €5).

Essentially add the UltraHD channels/Netflix for €17 and cancel your own Netflix sub which is €16. For that extra €1 you are getting the 4k channels.

in my case I'm paying €45pm to Vodafone and €16pm to Netflix. €61pm in total. With Sky it would be €82 for TV, Sports, 4k, Netflix, Broadband. My assumption is that the Netflix account stays as is and it can be watched on multiple non-Sky devices.

Anyone know if you can sideload the Sky Go app on Android TV (OS) or Chromecast from an Android device to ATV?

I thought you could only get UltraHD by taking out multiroom. Has that changed?

Soarer wrote: »
    I thought you could only get UltraHD by taking out multiroom. Has that changed?

It allows me to select Ultra HD without selecting Multiscreen.

But i see in the T&C's. So that's a bizarre one if true:

It's easy to activate Netflix once you've got Ultimate TV Addon, we'll tell you how to do this. If you're an existing Netflix customer, you need to activate that account so they know to stop billing you. You'll need Multiscreen with Ultimate TV Addon to get the Netflix Premium plan, Ultra HD and watch on up to 4 screens. Sky Cinema is €9 a month with Sky Sports after offers expire.

Other UltraHD T&C's, no mention of Multiscreen:
    Sky UHD: €12 per month (includes HD and UHD). Requires Sky Signature. Ultimate TV Add On required to watch Netflix in UHD. 31 days’ notice to cancel. Content depends on Sky TV subscription. Selected content available in UHD. Sky Sports and/or Sky Cinema subscription(s) required for sports and movies in Ultra HD. Ultra HD unavailable via Sky Q Mini(s).

Ush1 wrote: »
    Check with airwire checker. If the VDSL is anything less than 80meg it's probably gonna be not stable and a pain.

I hate being stuck with virgin but no other game in town until eir FTTH. Crazy as I'm in Dublin in an urban area.

Its saying up to 100 so yeah probably a risk.
    So the FTTH listed on airwire would just mean Virgin lines and not EIR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

jhammer wrote: »
    Its saying up to 100 so yeah probably a risk.
    So the FTTH listed on airwire would just mean Virgin lines and not EIR?

Neither, it’s SIRO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Is this new customers only? I'm with Sky but not in a contract or anything.

Neither, it’s SIRO.

Siro listed as unavailable.

• Advertisement

bailey99 wrote: »
    Is this new customers only? I'm with Sky but not in a contract or anything.

I'd say you're good to go.

Advertisement