Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Election - Who would you vote for? POLL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

:D

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I wonder in a scale of one to a gazillion how much is this infuriating Trump ??

https://ibb.co/4gzvMRK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Thank feck trump has no military experience, he has no leverage otherwise a coup would be a more realistic possibility. He has the money other people have given him(the campaign) and his current shakey position

ganmo wrote: »
    Thank feck trump has no military experience, he has no leverage otherwise a coup would be a more realistic possibility. He has the money other people have given him(the campaign) and his current shakey position

Those heel spurs thwart him yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Suckler

Given a lot of Americans are "military families" I thought his comments on calling WW1 (or WW2?) soldiers "suckers" would have buried him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyKq

Trump grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth and the arrogance he shows replays that privileged background.
    United States of America should be renamed American Divided States after this election

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Biden has it

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Biden has it

Hallelujah! The world must be a safer place as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Jayus,some folk in this country got very worked up this last 4 years over Donald Trump. Why,thankfully i,l'll never know.

He'll soon be gone and all the while,whatever issues that really matter on this soil still remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

ruwithme wrote: »
    Jayus,some folk in this country got very worked up this last 4 years over Donald Trump. Why,thankfully i,l'll never know.

He'll soon be gone and all the while,whatever issues that really matter on this soil still remain.

Whatever about Trump, Bolsanario is probably a bigger threat to the planet given whats happening in the Amazon atm.:(

JohnnyKq wrote: »
    Hallelujah! The world must be a safer place as a result

How so? sure he started no new wars in his 4 yrs

Yet his ineptitude as a president probably killed more Americans than any before. During his time America, in particular the presidency has become a spectacle, something to be laughed at worldwide.
    He leaves the US as a more divided nation than at any time in recent memory. Not just politically but racially and socially.
    He did his best to ally himself with Russia and North Korea and paid something like 100times more tax in China than he did in America.

Trump's biggest problem was he had zero charm. Compared to Obama and Clinton, he was a terrible speaker. At the same time that endeared him to a lot of Americans that had become sick of sweet talkers that did little else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,120 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Seems like nonsense.

But there's stuff floating around on sm that Dick Cheney is going to be Biden's foreign policy advisor.

Seems like nonsense.

But there's stuff floating around on sm that Dick Cheney is going to be Biden's foreign policy advisor.

Jesus what’s wrong in America when they just want older people in offices of power. The poor VP will start thinking she’s working in a care home and not the White House.

_Brian wrote: »
    Jesus what’s wrong in America when they just want older people in offices of power. The poor VP will start thinking she’s working in a care home and not the White House.

I predict that biden will stand down in about a year due to I'll health or whatever and the VP harris will take over.

First woman in the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I’ll give you that but the way he threw the Kurds under the bus was awful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

I predict that biden will stand down in about a year due to I'll health or whatever and the VP harris will take over.

First woman in the White House.

I think there is some rule or law that if Harris takes over after 2 years she can still run for 2 more terms after that, so should she be successful in elections it could potentially be 10 years in a row

So I think Joe will do a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

He started plenty of trade wars though. If one was to be an ultra conspiracy theorist, you could say that the Chinese introduced the virus as retaliation for the trade war. You'd have to admit, western life has been far more affected

At the end of the day, the world is alot more polarised place than it was in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Gillespy

''Elections can't be rigged''- people who claimed for years the Russians rigged the last election. A call for recounts and vote audit is so anti democratic now for some reason. Why was Mueller allowed to happen then. I hope Trump hangs this out to at least as long as Gore did. Conceding now does nothing, need to expose any election fraud if it's there, it will be worth it in the long run.

Cheney or not, the American war machine will be raring to go again. So don't be shocked if some poor middle eastern countries gets a taste of freedom in the next year or two.

Also, for someone who ran on covid, why hasn't Biden come out and put a stop to these big street parties. Notice how no one is calling them super spreader events either?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Gillespy wrote: »
    ''Elections can't be rigged''- people who claimed for years the Russians rigged the last election. A call for recounts and vote audit is so anti democratic now for some reason. Why was Mueller allowed to happen then. I hope Trump hangs this out to at least as long as Gore did. Conceding now does nothing, need to expose any election fraud if it's there, it will be worth it in the long run.

Cheney or not, the American war machine will be raring to go again. So don't be shocked if some poor middle eastern countries gets a taste of freedom in the next year or two.

Also, for someone who ran on covid, why hasn't Biden come out and put a stop to these big street parties. Notice how no one is calling them super spreader events either?

Watched a interview he done recently where he proclaimed trump was the virus, to be honest I'd be out of the White House straight away if I was Trump and let him take the mantle on covid 19 straight of the bat, it will be pretty messed up through mainstream media will barely cover any ramping up on covid 19 deaths and infections now their guy is in power, the bogeyman dosent exist anymore to blame it on with trump gone from office

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

''Elections can't be rigged''- people who claimed for years the Russians rigged the last election. A call for recounts and vote audit is so anti democratic now for some reason.

Hold on now. I’m not having that.
    He is perfectly entitled to recounts as is any candidate but to question and undermine the democratic process with zero evidence is wrong.

The difference with 4 years ago is that both the CIA and FBI has evidence of interference.
    The Muller investigation found interference in the election and that the trump campaign beinifted from it but did not find sufficient evidence of direct conspiracy from the Trump campaign.

He is perfectly entitled to recounts as is any candidate but to question and undermine the democratic process with zero evidence is wrong.

The difference with 4 years ago is that both the CIA and FBI has evidence of interference.
    The Muller investigation found interference in the election and that the trump campaign beinifted from it but did not find sufficient evidence of direct conspiracy from the Trump campaign.

The postal vote system needs reform in the US.
    Its slowing down the result and causing further divide as both sides fester while waiting a week for the result.

Could our electric voting machines, in storage by one of ministers companies, be offloaded to help our US colleagues voting here :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,120 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Luke Ming has it covered.

https://twitter.com/lukeming/status/1325183617933275143?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Gillespy

No they didn't. It was all a set up from day one. It's why no one talked about it this election. A big charade because they didn't like losing. Insufficient evidence, that's handy.

How do you know there isn't evidence? Because the same lot told you. Sorry, I'll wait for a more unbiased source. Nothing to lose by waiting. In the mean time, spare me with this guff about how dangerous this is.

Advertisement