Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Was on the fence about fallout 76, i havent read anything about the game apart from the original mess of the release and months after. might just buy it and go into it blindly. Will be playing alone however, would it better with a crew of people?

From what I've played so far, been perfectly happy solo. I read end game there are events that will be easier as part of a crew but there are constant crew invites from people doing daily challenges. Definitely seems to be a mostly positive experience online. Solo speaking, i have a ton of quests and finding something interesting in each location i visit. Map is huge as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    From what I've played so far, been perfectly happy solo. I read end game there are events that will be easier as part of a crew but there are constant crew invites from people doing daily challenges. Definitely seems to be a mostly positive experience online. Solo speaking, i have a ton of quests and finding something interesting in each location i visit. Map is huge as well.

Sold, i'll pick it up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Sold, i'll pick it up tomorrow

Likewise SOLD !

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

If i buy a plus membership from uk site will it work in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PaddyCar wrote: »
    If i buy a plus membership from uk site will it work in Ireland?

Nope, you would need a PSN account registered in the UK to use it. Psn credit and playstation Plus are tied to regions meaning you can't top up your Irish PSN with credit from another Country, same applies with ps plus and dlc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Nope, you would need a PSN account registered in the UK to use it. Psn credit and playstation Plus are tied to regions meaning you can't top up your Irish PSN with credit from another Country, same applies with ps plus and dlc

Is there a way to check region of the PSN account/store? The way shown in FAQ on website doesnt work anymore.

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Is there a way to check region of the PSN account/store? The way shown in FAQ on website doesnt work anymore.

Go to https://psnprofiles.com/insert psn name here
    It will show the region of the account

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

Persona 5 Royal down to 35 Euro at Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I see Agony is down to €3.99. Heard its a bit shyte but for that money surely its worth a punt for a bit of gore.

• Advertisement

I see Agony is down to €3.99. Heard its a bit shyte but for that money surely its worth a punt for a bit of gore.

Its really not. Shambles of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Haha that's my mentality alot of the time "I heard its ****e but it's cheap so ill pick it up"

Hence I have pile of ****e cheap games half finished

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

mrcheez wrote: »
    Interesting how does one obtain an adaptor like this?

https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Seems to be another bunch of games added to the sale this morning

If anyone looked Life is Strange, I really recommend LiS Before The Storm Deluxe edition, currently 5 euro. The main episodes are brilliant and add so much to the original story. The bonus ep that comes with the deluxe edition is just chefs kiss for any fans of the first game.

If you never played Life is Strange and looking for a 'walking simulator' with a great story, give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    If anyone looked Life is Strange, I really recommend LiS Before The Storm Deluxe edition, currently 5 euro. The main episodes are brilliant and add so much to the original story. The bonus ep that comes with the deluxe edition is just chefs kiss for any fans of the first game.

If you never played Life is Strange and looking for a 'walking simulator' with a great story, give it a look.

Brilliant games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Not sure if mentioned here before, but if you're looking to get AC: Valhalla (or any Ubisoft game), if you have played an Ubsioft game before and have 100 Ubipoints in your account, you can get 20% off from the official Ubisoft store:

https://store.ubi.com/eu/home

You have to be logged into the store - in the top right of the store there is the message "Get 20% discount with (coin symbol) 100" - click on this and you can then generate a discount code to use when checking out (follow the prompts!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Niska wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned here before, but if you're looking to get AC: Valhalla (or any Ubisoft game), if you have played an Ubsioft game before and have 100 Ubipoints in your account, you can get 20% off from the official Ubisoft store:

https://store.ubi.com/eu/home

You have to be logged into the store - in the top right of the store there is the message "Get 20% discount with (coin symbol) 100" - click on this and you can then generate a discount code to use when checking out (follow the prompts!).

Sweet, thanks ordered AC Valhalla for the PS5 and got it for €55.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Sweet, thanks ordered AC Valhalla for the PS5 and got it for €55.99.

PS5 version is €60 in smyths.

PS4 version is €55 with click/collect which upgrades to PS5 version for free

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Seems I ordered just in time for delivery on release day via Ubisoft. Got the Gold edition for €79.99 with the discount, no delivery charge which I didn't expect tbh. Now I'll see if I can hold off for a week until I get the PS5 or if I'll cave and start it on the 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Seems I ordered just in time for delivery on release day via Ubisoft. Got the Gold edition for €79.99 with the discount, no delivery charge which I didn't expect tbh. Now I'll see if I can hold off for a week until I get the PS5 or if I'll cave and start it on the 4.

Am in exact same position. Do we know if ps4 save will carry over to ps5 version for ACV? (I think general rule is its developer dependent)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Am in exact same position. Do we know if ps4 save will carry over to ps5 version for ACV? (I think general rule is its developer dependent)

It seems saves only carry on the Xbox versions of games.

JimBurnley wrote: »

There is cross gen progression between ps4 and ps5. Your ps4 saves will carry over

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/assassins-creed-valhalla-has-cross-gen-progression-on-ps5-xbox-series-xs/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

If you can afford to pre-order a few together, you save coins.
    I ordered Legion and Valhalla gold for €160, instead of €200 and I only spent 100 coins on the 2 games :)

24 pages of Indie games and still no Night in the Woods sale ,been over a year since last price drop.

Anyway, these are essential.

Outer Wilds - 15.59
    Celeste - 7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Outer Wilds... I downloaded it but I just don't get it. Played for an hour and felt nothing, find the art style very off putting. Should I just go back and break the three hour barrier and see then?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

fixXxer wrote: »
    Outer Wilds... I downloaded it but I just don't get it. Played for an hour and felt nothing, find the art style very off putting. Should I just go back and break the three hour barrier and see then?

Got the same feeling on switch played it for around 2 hours, just thought it was overrated.

I don't think Outer Wilds is on the Switch. Are ye talking about Outer WILDS or Outer WORLDS?

Outer Wilds gameplay

Outer Worlds gameplay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Tbf, its a stretch to say the Outer Worlds is on Switch too. That port is reminiscent of the N-gage port of RE4.

FWIW I felt the same about Outer Wilds, played for an hour or so and I just didn't get it.

Advertisement