Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Still level 3 apparantly, and I haven't really bought anything from there in a long time. I'll be holding onto my PS4 until I get the 5, it's my main source of entertainment so can't be going without it. Midnight releases look doubtful according to the staff I spoke with, because Covid and people can't police themselves, so I can go in in the morning and trade in then. Give them an hour to test while I ate a hape of fry and pick up the PS5 then. I might lose out on a few quid, but it'll still be upwards of €200 I didn't factor into the cost of getting the PS5, so that's 2 more games at least.

Edit: Can you still pay to move up a level with Gamestop? You used to. I signed up at Level 3 for €20 all those years ago iirc.

Double Edit: You can go straight to Level 3 from nothing with the purchase of a years sub to Game Informer for €19.90 (don't think I've ever actually read it even though I get it every month).

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Good luck trying a trade in on launch day because many times I’ve been in on a launch they said it’s not possible as they’re constantly trying to get orders out during the day. I can’t see this being any different with the current situation

• Registered Users Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm on good terms with the local lads. I'm sure I can arrange something. I work nights, so I can drop it in in the morning and collect it that evening. Either way, I have the money aside for the console, headset and camera, so the trade in will be for games mostly. Not too pushed, I can hold out a couple of days, there'll be plenty to play (albeit not necessarily new) on release, and I've been saving the VR games to see if they'll be better on the PS5, so plenty to go through there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Never thought about the PSVR games on PS5. Good job didn't get back to Iron Man.
    Just have to get the adaptor for it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Never thought about the PSVR games on PS5. Good job didn't get back to Iron Man.
    Just have to get the adaptor for it

adaptor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

mrcheez wrote: »
    adaptor?

The PS5 doesn't have a port for the PS4 camera, Sony are releasing a free adaptor for it but they haven't detailed it yet.

Markitron wrote: »
    The PS5 doesn't have a port for the PS4 camera, Sony are releasing a free adaptor for it but they haven't detailed it yet.

Interesting how does one obtain an adaptor like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Interesting how does one obtain an adaptor like this?

As mentioned by @Markitron, Sony have yet to release the details on how to
    get it. Here's the wording from the PlayStation Blog post.
    Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games.
    It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users.
    More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

And that’s it! We’ll continue to provide updates on PlayStation 5 down the road, so make sure to check back soon.

Mad, I wonder will they just allow you to wander into a Gamestop and grab one, or perhaps just post out on request. Will watch this space. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I assume the PS5 camera works with PSVR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Mad, I wonder will they just allow you to wander into a Gamestop and grab one, or perhaps just post out on request. Will watch this space. :)

When Xbox was moving from 360 to XBX S/One.
    You needed an adapter for kinect There was a link on MS XBX web site,
    where you just filled in your details and serial number and they sent it to you for free.

So I'd say it will be similar for the PS5 one.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I assume the PS5 camera works with PSVR
    The general consensus is that it won't work. But as like most things PS5,
    nobody knows anything yet.

It is highly likely that it will involve going to the playstation site, registering either your headset or VR unit via their serial no (and your PS5), and then entering your address for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Arkham Collection, €19.79 at the moment!!

Great games to play, and great price for the lot!!!

Arkham Collection, €19.79 at the moment!!

Great games to play, and great price for the lot!!!

€12.74 on US store if you have an account there ($14.99)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Great deal , Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey double pack for £20.85 plus £2.69 postage. About €26 all in.

Only issue for me is when to get the time to play these, a lot of game there.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/assassins-creed-origins-odyssey-double-pack-ps4/dgc-assdblps4.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

Great deal , Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey double pack for £20.85 plus £2.69 postage. About €26 all in.

Only issue for me is when to get the time to play these, a lot of game there.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/assassins-creed-origins-odyssey-double-pack-ps4/dgc-assdblps4.htm

yep, its a looooooong game. I've made a mistake and went for platinum in Odyssey and currently struggling to finish DLCs which feels like fun but spent so much time on base game. I was thinking to get Origin but now it feels like after this I need at least a year or 2 break.

BTW, Odyssey GOLD is all time low atm
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/2476646/assassin-s-creed-odyssey-gold-edition

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irongregory

Rage 2 is in CEX for 10eu. Fantastic shooter !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Rage 2 is in CEX for 10eu. Fantastic shooter !

Picked it up earlier, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irongregory

Picked it up earlier, thanks.

No worries , it was a real bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Base.com have reduced most ps5 games by 5 to 10%

For any fifa heads, GS have fifa 21 plus dualshock for 100euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

For driving and rally fans, Dirt Rally 2.0 is €11.24 on the PlayStation Store until the 15th of October. It's tougher than the first one, but well worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    For driving and rally fans, Dirt Rally 2.0 is €11.24 on the PlayStation Store until the 15th of October. It's tougher than the first one, but well worth playing.

Awesome game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As pointed out on the FO76 thread, Fallout 76 is 12 euro in Argos at the moment. I tried the trial last year and quit after 10 minutes, hated it. Picked it up again a couple of weeks back and absolutely love it. The new updates make a much more complete game and feels like an actual Fallout game now. Highly recommend even though I know the Internet says you're supposed to hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭recyclops

Spotted on bargain alerts, there is a few peripherals for ps including the new controller, once they are in the kids basket for 24 hours you can get a 15% discount

First order on a "kids wish list" looks to allow 15% off certain goods.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=22081309031

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    As pointed out on the FO76 thread, Fallout 76 is 12 euro in Argos at the moment. I tried the trial last year and quit after 10 minutes, hated it. Picked it up again a couple of weeks back and absolutely love it. The new updates make a much more complete game and feels like an actual Fallout game now. Highly recommend even though I know the Internet says you're supposed to hate it.

I was considering giving it a go, but was holding out for a PS5 version. I don't think that's coming any time soon.

I was considering giving it a go, but was holding out for a PS5 version. I don't think that's coming any time soon.

I was fully in the "**** bethesda, xbox can have em" camp but sickened now as this actually rejuvenated my love for Fallout. I just hope 5, if it gets made, makes it to PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I was given a copy a few months ago. It's just like any fallout game. I've had no interactions with other players except for near the start when someone (who also didn't have a mic) decided to help me. Haven't seen anyone since except at a distance.

McGaggs wrote: »
    I was given a copy a few months ago. It's just like any fallout game. I've had no interactions with other players except for near the start when someone (who also didn't have a mic) decided to help me. Haven't seen anyone since except at a distance.

I only had one griefer so far. He invited me to his party but I was happy going solo so he followed me around constantly stabbing me (no damage done but hoping i would attack him to start pvp) He would stand between me and enemies on quests hoping I'd shoot him. Eventually just fast travelled to my camp and went somewhere else. Annoying but the fact you can just ignore it and change server when it does happen is good. I've come across a few other players and they all waved at me which is nice.

If anyone is on the "This isn't a fallout game, toxic online game, etc" wagon, I'd recommend giving it another go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I only had one griefer so far. He invited me to his party but I was happy going solo so he followed me around constantly stabbing me (no damage done but hoping i would attack him to start pvp) He would stand between me and enemies on quests hoping I'd shoot him. Eventually just fast travelled to my camp and went somewhere else. Annoying but the fact you can just ignore it and change server when it does happen is good. I've come across a few other players and they all waved at me which is nice.

If anyone is on the "This isn't a fallout game, toxic online game, etc" wagon, I'd recommend giving it another go.

Was on the fence about fallout 76, i havent read anything about the game apart from the original mess of the release and months after. might just buy it and go into it blindly. Will be playing alone however, would it better with a crew of people?

Advertisement