Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If Leo goes as leader, Simon or Paschal take over?

They'll have to drag Leo out kicking and screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Jesus Pearse Doherty rattled him. Stutterin' and splutterin'. Machevilian my hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Bowie wrote: »
    They'll have to drag Leo out kicking and screaming.

Jesus, I thought it couldnt get worse than Varadkar, those two are probably the most marginal improvements, two boyscouts! This country needs a proper leader, no wonder the country is in the state it is in, when you see what runs for office here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

smurgen wrote: »
    Jesus Pearse Doherty rattled him. Stutterin' and splutterin'. Machevilian my hole!

Pearse rattled back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Pearse needs to stop getting so angry. It's a bad look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Pearse needs to stop getting so angry. It's a bad look.

He's usually good.

But he was aggressive and wrong on so many levels.

Noone likes finger pointing and agreession unless you're a thug.

Much easier ways to get your point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Bowie wrote: »
    Just to clarify, you came across like you were surprised/amazed that anyone could believe FF were performing well. We'd numerous posts on FG playing a blinder too. Just pointing out it's not the first time we've had such, IMO, unfounded beliefs.
    I believe when MM got the job he was happy, job done. He doesn't seem to have much vigor and certainly no interest in causing an election. Leo won't be held over hot coals by anyone in FF or the Greens.
    This is why we need a vocal opposition. Whatever the agenda or bias, we need someone to ask questions and hold people to account. If only to stop TD's making a fool of themselves or putting trust in government into question, that's beside any findings or suspicions of conscious wrong doing.

Sadly we already have a "vocal opposition" which is useless. The opposition at the moment is a fragmented collection of Healy Rea/ Boyd Barrett crazies plus the thug/ moron Sinn Fein crew. What we actually need is a thoughtful considered left wing opposition. All we have now are loud mouth thugs or loons. A vocal opposition indeed

Truthvader wrote: »
    Sadly we already have a "vocal opposition" which is useless. The opposition at the moment is a fragmented collection of Healy Rea/ Boyd Barrett crazies plus the thug/ moron Sinn Fein crew. What we actually need is a thoughtful considered left wing opposition. All we have now are loud mouth thugs or loons. A vocal opposition indeed

that may be true, but the current options in government, are also a disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 67,439 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Tough day Truth?

There were stand out performances across the opposition benches today. That is why the concensus among most journalists is that Varadkar is badly damaged and that this is not over just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Tough day Truth?

There were stand out performances across the opposition benches today. That is why the concensus among most journalists is that Varadkar is badly damaged and that this is not over just yet.

"Stand out performances." Good man. Keep saying it and it will be true. Pearse, ?Boyd Barrett, ?the Healy Rae Laurel and Hardy Show? Terrifying

• Advertisement

Tough day Truth?

Stuttering away when Pearse got to him. Like Spider in Goodfellas.

"Stand out performances." Good man. Keep saying it and it will be true. Pearse, ?Boyd Barrett, ?the Healy Rae Laurel and Hardy Show? Terrifying

Pearse Doherty, A O'Riordan, Paul Murphy, Catherine Connolly and Peadar Toibin all put pressure on Varadkar today and Varadkar has been badly damaged by it. A lame duck leader in effect.

Exactly what you would expect of an opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Tough day Truth?

They were shooting fish in a barrel. It was the easiest day in opposition they’ll have. Plenty of journalists saying varadkar is wounded alright. I don’t think it’s fatal. Who’s saying it’s not over yet though?

listen, varadkar soared in opinion polls recently, despite his abject failure for years as leader of this country and during a boom! the irish electorate are fickle idiots, you cant be bad unless you are a sf or renua bogey man...

tobsey wrote: »
    They were shooting fish in a barrel. It was the easiest day in opposition they’ll have. Plenty of journalists saying varadkar is wounded alright. I don’t think it’s fatal. Who’s saying it’s not over yet though?

Any of the commentators I heard tonight and on the political programmes on radio.
    The Village says it will have more tomorrow too. There will be more questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Any of the commentators I heard tonight and on the political programmes on radio.
    The Village says it will have more tomorrow too. There will be more questions.

The Village appear to have shot their load, looking less credible with every tweet.

Maybe there is something more, but I get the sense they are bluffing.

blanch152 wrote: »
    The Village appear to have shot their load, looking less credible with every tweet.

You were saying that a few days ago too. Yet, Leo had to explain for two hours to an incredulous Dáil.

I don't think I have ever seen a leader take that much punishment ever. Unprecedented and nobody knows if he'll have to come back for more or not.

After today's blinder you'd have to wonder if Leo is an undercover shinner. Man is taking down FG from the inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Leo will be grand, lads. Top class politician. Get your own houses in order first. He's not going anywhere.

The problem for us blueshirts is deciding on the next leader when that happens. So much talent. Coveney, McEntee, Donohoe, Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Leo will be grand, lads. Top class politician. Get your own houses in order first. He's not going anywhere.

The problem for us blueshirts is deciding on the next leader when that happens. So much talent. Coveney, McEntee, Donohoe, Harris.

McEntee - was reasonable enough in Brexit related stuff in her last gig, woefully out of her depth in Justice. Only got to where she is because her father.

Donohoe is one of the FG crew I actually don't mind, comes across as being a little bit too nice at times, too nice for leader, and I believe he has openly said he doesn't want the job as leader and wouldn't take it.

Harris. He's also woefully out of his depth, covid 18, and he brought the last govt down, enough said.

Coveney, arguably should have been leader last time, but FG decided Leo being mixed race gay son of an immigrant was probably trendier and then imply anyone who mentions that fact is a racist or homophobic.

2/4 of the talent you listed there would finish the party for good as leaders I reckon.

• Advertisement

He may be a top class debator etc....but he is most deffo corrupt

Catherine connolly and thomas pringle nailed it on the head,he bought off a protest campaign less than a month before local/euro elections

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McMurphy wrote: »
    McEntee - was reasonable enough in Brexit related stuff in her last gig, woefully out of her depth in Justice. Only got to where she is because her father.

Donohoe is one of the FG crew I actually don't mind, comes across as being a little bit too nice at times, too nice for leader, and I believe he has openly said he doesn't want the job as leader and wouldn't take it.

Harris. He's also woefully out of his depth, covid 18, and he brought the last govt down, enough said.

Coveney, arguably should have been leader last time, but FG decided Leo being mixed race gay son of an immigrant was probably trendier and then imply anyone who mentions that fact is a racist or homophobic.

2/4 of the talent you listed there would finish the party for good as leaders I reckon.

Meanwhile Wardy16 is waiting in the wings, and Gino and ‘Up the Ra’ and motor mouth O’Reilly!!!

You havin a laugh, a chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Meanwhile Wardy16 is waiting in the wings, and Gino and ‘Up the Ra’ and motor mouth O’Reilly!!!

You havin a laugh, a chara.

2 things to point out here Brenner, you're trying to turn another thread into a SF thread, and I don't believe MLMDsnJob is in jeopardy, so not sure why you even mentioned that B.
    Your input has been entertaining though as per. :D

McMurphy wrote: »
    2 things to point out here Brenner, you're trying to turn another thread into a SF thread, and I don't believe MLMD job is in jeopardy.

Your input has been entertaining though as per. :D

Incorrect Randal, merely pointing out in response, the total paucity of the opposition and the lack of willingness to get involved in government.

As Minister Collins said ‘Preferring to sit back and shout from the sidelines.’

All an integral part of the discussion,Randal

I know you may be more used to ‘dictat’ rule from the shadows, but,Randal, openness and transparency are the lynchpins of democracy.

Incorrect Randal, merely pointing out in response, the total paucity of the opposition and the lack of willingness to get involved in government.

As Minister Collins said ‘Preferring to sit back and shout from the sidelines.’

All an integral part of the discussion,Randal

I know you may be more used to ‘dictat’ rule from the shadows, but,Randal, openness and transparency are the lynchpins of democracy.

Brendi, what happened yesterday is the surest sign yet that the power swap will try to hold the power no matter what. Even if it means supporting wrong and inappropriate behaviour by once rival parties. Why?

Because the power was all a game, they know they are in the last ditch saloon, if they lose this time that's the end of the power swap.

They are doing what Trump is doing right now, clinging.

He's an alleged white collar criminal currently being investigated by Gardai economic crime bureau. He has severely damaged his parties name.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He's an alleged white collar criminal currently being investigated by Gardai economic crime bureau. He has severely damaged his parties name.

Do you have a link to the Garda investigation?

All I know is that a frivolous complaint has been made to Gardai, and that there is no decision to investigate that complaint. You obviously have more inside information, or are you spoofing?

Do you have a link to the Garda investigation?

All I know is that a frivolous complaint has been made to Gardai, and that there is no decision to investigate that complaint. You obviously have more inside information, or are you spoofing?

You're saying the claim was dismissed by Gardai? Care to provide a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

You're saying the claim was dismissed by Gardai? Care to provide a link?

Garda might be reluctant to investigate, might find themselves on a Tusla report, remember Drew is very much in the FG cohort

• Advertisement

Blown the beans , Blanch.

Lads here the same, in fairness, they emptied the magazines on this one and achieved nothing as was predicted.

Spaffed the lot at it day after day..............

Advertisement