Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    I really dont know. I'm only passing on what I heard.

you were correct :rolleyes:

'Gardaí have begun what they say is a major high visibility policing operation to support the new public health restrictions to curb the spread of Covid-19.

Rosters are being changed and over 2,500 gardaí will be deployed every day on 132 static and mobile checkpoints, to community patrols and to support for the elderly and the vulnerable.

Training in the Garda College has been suspended for the next nine weeks as 260 trainee gardaí and their tutors as well as members in administrative roles are deployed to police the Level 5 restrictions.

There are long tailbacks on the main Belfast to Dublin motorway this morning.'

taken from rte news

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

I wonder after Christmas will things start to open up for us. After the last lockdown it didn’t but I wonder what about after this lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 19 John614

Tomorrow big day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

Why is that ��

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Grassy_Knoll37

John614 wrote: »
    Tomorrow big day.

Hi John, do you have some news for us? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

John614 wrote: »
    Tomorrow big day.

Hope you had a great day John

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Are we just waiting until after Christmas now to hear anything do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

My vetting has been cleared. I am from 2019 campaign. All done since February 2020. They said: "Pending on a final checking phase and your place within the overall order of Merit for the 2019 competition you may be selected as suitable applicant for a future class intake."

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Boxer12347

Recruitment will be off for a while I’d guess. With the intakes who are in college being redeployed 201 and 202. The 193s are to go back and 203s have to start in the college.New recruits will be after them. It will be late 2021 by time a new recruits get started. We just have to remain ready. Atleast the vetting seems to be getting done !! My guess mid to late 2021

My guess is by March 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

My vetting has been cleared. I am from 2019 campaign. All done since February 2020. They said: "Pending on a final checking phase and your place within the overall order of Merit for the 2019 competition you may be selected as suitable applicant for a future class intake."

The jury is still out on how they apply order of merit between the 2018 and 2019 campaigns.

They seem to be rolling both recruitment drives into one and without being a pr*ck surely the 2018 campaign get the first look in for offers and then 2019!?-

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Boxer12347 wrote: »
    Recruitment will be off for a while I’d guess. With the intakes who are in college being redeployed 201 and 202. The 193s are to go back and 203s have to start in the college.New recruits will be after them. It will be late 2021 by time a new recruits get started. We just have to remain ready. Atleast the vetting seems to be getting done !! My guess mid to late 2021

I reckon early 2021.

Rich_ccfc, your inbox is full. My oom is 510 from 2019 campaign. Differently from a few candidates here, I am very excited about next intake. I believe that as of today I am close to be considered for a next intake, because many have got their place, many failed the fitness test and others have failed the medical. So my hopes are high.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

Rich_ccfc, your inbox is full. My oom is 510 from 2019 campaign. Differently from a few candidates here, I am very excited about next intake. I believe that as of today I am close to be considered for a next intake, because many have got their place, many failed the fitness test and others have failed the medical. So my hopes are high.

Delighted for you man. Mine was 628 from the 2018 campaign. Like many many others the vetting is what is holding me back. Il delete some messages there. I have a WhatsApp group set up if you want to be in it just send me on your name and number. People find it easier to talk on it rather than this.

I hope you’re right. The 201 and 202s are back sometime in new yeah year. The 193s and 203s will follow after the 201/2s finish their weeks in the college. A new intake not likely until the ones who are already in get finished up in the college. Again I hope your right but I just don’t see it being early 2021

Before the pandemic we would have to be in the college for 32 weeks, however things have changed since the outbreak. Now is a mix of online, station and home training which means more candidates needed.

You still have to do 16 weeks in the college which is compulsory. All I’m saying is they will be concentrating on getting the current intakes through the college before starting a new intake. With Covid the college can only facilitate so many students. At the moment they can only facilitate 200 students that’s what’s down there between 201 and 202. Then you’ve 193s and 203s to go to the college next. I don’t know how many weeks 193 need to do but 203s will have to do 16 weeks. It will be when the 193s are done they can facilitate new intake

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Collinsb10

Got email back saying my file has been approved.. my order of merit was 426 of the 2019. How hopefull should I get?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭CD2020!

regards to the oom I'm from 2019 my OOM is less than 130 and I have not had med or pct. So unsure how well we can trust the oom tbh.

Collinsb10 wrote: »
    Got email back saying my file has been approved.. my order of merit was 426 of the 2019. How hopefull should I get?

I'd be excited if I were you doesnt matter what your oom is if you are 1 of lets say 70 people who's file is approved as they all seem to get approved at different times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

hopefully the next few weeks will see alot of work done on vetting. I'm from 2018 there are a good few of us still waiting, the college being closed until Jan 2021 isn't necessarily a bad thing. People don't have to worry about missing potential dates when there aren't any planned at present !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Collinsb10 wrote: »

You’ve just had a massive box ticked with that!! They say they go off OOM but if your file is ready and completed surely they’re going to go with you over someone with a lower OOM but file isn’t completed.

Fair play!! Keep the fitness up, no body knows when the call is coming so be prepared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

I just got news that my vetting is complete however my medical and fitness is still pending. Hopefully they kick off in January.

Does anyone know what the story is with the 600 recruits promised in the budget? Does that mean they have to hire 600 garda next year or is that just available funds?

Let's be positive lads. I hope that my file can also.be approved. Where is Claire? She likes to post things here.... And I really like her writing.

I just got news that my vetting is complete however my medical and fitness is still pending. Hopefully they kick off in January.

Does anyone know what the story is with the 600 recruits promised in the budget? Does that mean they have to hire 600 garda next year or is that just available funds?

Did you have you ask or did they email you. Asking because I was leaving them alone but your in same situation as me so might email them?

CD2020! wrote: »
    Did you have you ask or did they email you. Asking because I was leaving them alone but your in same situation as me so might email them?

I asked them for an update

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Have you not completed your pct or medical? My replies from HR didn't seem to pleasing that my vetting could be completed without this. What year are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Shaneoohh

“200 trainees and 60 instructors from the Garda college in Templemore are being deployed to frontline duties today to help their colleagues during #Covid19” that’s from Helen McEntees Twitter

Triplek wrote: »
    Have you not completed your pct or medical? My replies from HR didn't seem to pleasing that my vetting could be completed without this. What year are you from?

No I haven't done my PCT or medical yet. They should be able to tell you the status of your vetting as this is seperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Skipduke

I'm planning on applying in the next recruitment phase (hopefully 2021!!). Just for a bit of background, I am 24, female, just done with my college degree. Working away self-employed the last few years.

I didn't do another language in my leaving cert years ago - just Irish and English. will this be an issue? thought I read somewhere a second language is required but I'm a bit confused

Does anyone know?

Advertisement