Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Adverts 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

This year's Gap advert is a feel good one - but not as Christmassy as last year's was (The mother and son and red hoodie ad https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111707275&postcount=101)

Dream the Future by Gap

One of the first UK adverts I have come across this year:
    Craft Together This Christmas by Hobbycraft

Another new Christmas advert from the US: Holiday Hints from Guardian Bikes

Cute and perfect for this year as bikes are really a much (or the must !) wanted present

One more new Christmad ad from the US.
    RuPaulidays with RuPaul for Old Navy

https://twitter.com/RuPaul/status/1320844442446823424

First Christmas advert from Germany !

Dr. Oetker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I seen a quality street advert last night. It was awful it was hip hop music not Christmassy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    I seen a quality street advert last night. It was awful it was hip hop music not Christmassy at all.

Damm youth of today with all that noise they call music. Back in my day you had proper music :D

Another new Christmas ad from the US:

Happy Golladays by Pepsi

featuring Kenny Golladay (I had to Google him): an American football wide receiver for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL)

Holiday is Where you Find it
    With Jennifer Lopez for Coach

Christmas adverts from Next

Gifts

Family

• Advertisement

Dear Mrs. Claus from Zulily (US stores chain)

Gift Like You Mean It: Nana by Etsy

Give With All Your Heart by Kohl’s

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Saw that quality street tubs advert just there now, not in the least bit Christmassy... so can we even consider it a Christmas advert?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Saw that quality street tubs advert just there now, not in the least bit Christmassy... so can we even consider it a Christmas advert?

If an ad if for a product that is linked to Christmas however the ad itself isn't very Christmassy, does it count as a 'Christmas Advert'?!?

This could be the new Die Hard :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh no! :p

TRS30 wrote: »

This could be the new Die Hard :D

One's enough methinks.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

One's enough methinks.

But I liked Die Hard 2 and 3 :pac: :p

But I liked Die Hard 2 and 3 :pac: :p

Dont we all, but are they Christmas movies? ;)

Dont we all, but are they Christmas movies? ;)

Well the 3rd one isn’t. But the second one.....

• Advertisement

Well the 3rd one isn’t. But the second one.....

If only they had a Christmas advert for them :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    If only they had a Christmas advert for them :D

Exactly. Then we could have a 'real' debate about it... :D

https://twitter.com/christmas_uk/status/1322290209040596992?s=21

I’m expecting a non Christmassy ad here.

So, anyone see a 'live' advert yet? Was half hoping I'd see one watching TV yesterday but no joy, other than that quality street one again.

ASDA's 2020 christmas advert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOLTPVm1eOo

Argos

Very

Amazon

• Advertisement

So, anyone see a 'live' advert yet? Was half hoping I'd see one watching TV yesterday but no joy, other than that quality street one again.

Saw the 'Kevin the carrot' ad last night. The first part of at least a double ad I hope or is the worst Christmas ad I have ever seen!!!

Advertisement