Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

O’Tuathail’s role is interesting here. He’s cultivated quite the celebrity doctor figure on national TV. Completely capitalised on the fear during the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Floppybits wrote: »
    Those damn whistleblowers no wonder they are not liked and the state tries to destroy them every chance they get

There are plenty in FF and indeed FG who want rid of Varadkar.

Coveney will be Taoiseach in December 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

The posting in this thread needs to come up a level in standard. Correction....at least a level.

Cards and bans await any who choose not to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

RoryMac wrote: »
    The believe the thinking is that O Tuathail sent the screen shot to Bowes to back up validity of the document

If true, it seems we can’t even do corruption right in this country. Has no one heard of covering their tracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭antimatterx

There are plenty in FF and indeed FG who want rid of Varadkar.

Coveney will be Taoiseach in December 2022.

Who in FG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,947 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

There's clearly a complete main stream media blackout on this story, absolutely no other outlet mentioning it. I've never hesrd of the publication so took a peak at their Alledged website, mother of God, it's dreadful and to be honest I'm finding it difficult to take any of this seriously.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Dempo1 wrote: »
    There's clearly a complete main stream media blackout on this story, absolutely no other outlet mentioning it. I've never hesrd of the publication so took a peak at their Alledged website, mother of God, it's dreadful and to be honest I'm finding it difficult to take any of this seriously.

Independent.ie and examiner.ie are reporting on it.

Irish Times are sticking out like a sore thumb for not having anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I posted a link to the Indo article, RTE is carrying it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

RTÉ claimed that they couldn't establish the veracity of the story.

I mean, surely the point of them is to do that investigative work.

Hmm.
    531268.png

• Advertisement

s1ippy wrote: »

We need to increase the licence fee to enable their sterling journalistic endeavours.

I posted a link to the Indo article, RTE is carrying it.

Cool, I missed that, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,492 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Examiner also.

Early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

hahahaha, hilarious, seriously.

wait a minute... your original post said ".......gay GP......., yet when I quote it, the 'gay' is missing. Are you editing while I'm replying??

anyway, THIS is what I'm responding to:
    What's him being a gay GP have anything to do with it?

My first thought was "who da F are you calling a GP?"

That isn't edited at all, you may be thinking of the person I was responding to. I acted shocked at the GP mention only in jest as it's obvious the gay part was the shocker (to the poster) in their post.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

In the space of a few hours on a Saturday morning, when the entire story is based on a few screenshots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Skeetur

Independent.ie and examiner.ie are reporting on it.

Irish Times are sticking out like a sore thumb for not having anything about it.

The indo are reporting on the statements from SF and SDs demanding Leo respond to the article and mentioning the article as the reason for the statements. Which is all anyone is doing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Indo are carrying the fact that other parties have picked up on it and are asking Varadkar to comment.

I am not aware of any other media covering the story itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Still no idea how they managed to get a snap shot of 'Leo's' phone ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Have you actually gone looking for the story? Lead article on the independent website for example.

Cool, I missed that, thanks

Just to clarify I heard it on the radio, assumed it was RTE. Wife's car she usually has it on RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,301 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can anyone understand his motivation for doing this?

The contract terms would have applied, as I understand it, to GPs in the IMO or the NAGP and it was already set.

The contract by the way gives GPs about 50/60m increases in fees per year until 2023 (they they would argue is restoration).

Is it just to keep a mate in the know? Poor form and he'll be facing trouble for it but no financial motivation?

Maybe it was leaked so that all GP groups got advanced notice of the "pay restoration" and more positive gov headlines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Someone breaks the story, if its meaty enough others will do follow up. Thats how it works. They don't all release an 'exclusive' on the same day.

If true he has to go. Not naive enough to think he'd get charged.
    If true he did a mate a favour using his position and contrary to his role as a representative of the tax paying public

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1322536910972223488?s=20

This is all I've seen from RTÉ. Not impressed.

Have you actually gone looking for the story? Lead article on the independent website for example.

I was since 2pm actually, as it happens I had not seen a single mention of it but as I posted, it started to appear. First I heard was 1.45 while listening to Katie Hannon show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Was he caught taking a big brown envelope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Was he caught taking a big brown envelope?

Looks like giving privileged insider information to help a mate. Cronyism.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Archeron wrote: »
    There is no way that's Leos handwriting. When is the last time anybody could read something a doctor wrote by hand?

He never really worked as a doctor.

Yes, was watching myself, RTE being really really careful, Leo apparently seeking legal advice before releasing a statement, I doubt somehow he'll be consulting his former AG, apparently they've fallen out, something about golf I believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

That Mick Caul lad is a crank. Spends his entire day on Twitter ranting and raving. Lot of anger there.

• Advertisement

It's taking a long time for him to respond. Indicates the accusations are perhaps not as baseless as some here would like to suggest!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement