Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I'm afraid this one isn't going to be the big explosive exposé that the conspiracy theorists want. A good statement this afternoon and then get back to the important work of fighting Coronavirus. Will be forgotten by next week.
    You're deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

A failed person.

That's a new one.
    It's really not. I've stated it multiple times about that subhuman.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Leo needs to make a statement very soon.

This is getting away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Leo needs to make a statement very soon.

This is getting away from him.

I heard on radio he's making one later today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Risteard81 wrote: »
    It's really not. I've stated it multiple times about that subhuman.

Nice.

And from behind your keyboard. Keep going.

Brave man.

• Advertisement

I'm afraid this one isn't going to be the big explosive exposé that the conspiracy theorists want. A good statement this afternoon and then get back to the important work of fighting Coronavirus. Will be forgotten by next week.

Exact same terminology used within hours of the Maria Bailey controversy breaking. Wonder how that turned out, despite your repeated efforts at dismissal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Anyone know what journalist wrote the article?

Seán Ó Woodward and Tomás Ó Bernstein

Why would possibly give an ounce of shįte who wrote it if it is such a nonsense and will be forgotten about next week, so yourself and your FG pals can head off on a 24 hour binge like smear campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,699 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

https://fleksy.co/urSzit6QeJoKGPjN9

urSzit6QeJoKGPjN9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

All I know from my career as an armchair political anorak, when these things break at the weekend, if you're still explaining on Monday you're in trouble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Maybe he'll issue the statement on the radio with an RTE broadcaster, that'll clear it up for sure Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I see Maitiú Ó Tuathail is Biden supporter, no surprises there with Quid pro quo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lot of anger in this thread, and plenty of projection as well. Complete non-story. Sorry folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Wouldn't be one bit surprised if this is true, he's dishonest enough and unintelligent enough to do something like this. Interesting to see if anything comes of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Nice.

And from behind your keyboard. Keep going.

Brave man.
    I'm quite happy to tell him what I think of him right to his repugnant face.

s1ippy wrote: »

Seriously why would RTE cover it when it's only broke and there is no details?

He hasn't even spoke yet.

Jesus the conspiracy run foil hat brigade are put early today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

All I know from my career as an armchair political anorak, when these things break at the weekend, if you're still explaining on Monday you're in trouble.

Don't they say in the US if it is still running 3 or 5 news cycles later that you are goosed.

Risteard81 wrote: »
    I'm quite happy to tell him what I think of him right to his repugnant face.

Uhhh we've got a bad ass here!!!

Lot of anger in this thread, and plenty of projection as well. Complete non-story. Sorry folks.

*frantic arm waving, nothing to see here*

You're only pouring petrol on the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Nothing in the article evidence-wise that isn't easily falsifiable. I mean fake text conversations make up half the humour sites these days so they count for nothing. The contract seems to be the most damning evidence but at the end of the day its a pile of papers with a cover page and some scribbles. Anyone with a printer and a marker could reproduce that.

Leos reaction should be interesting. A strong denial and there isn't really a whole lot for them to go on.
    LBJ said his opponent, a pig farmer, had carnal relations with his swine.

LBJ’s horrified advisors said “Lyndon, you can’t say such things!”

LBJ responded “I just want to see him deny it.”

Damage has already been done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Seriously why would RTE cover it when it's only broke and there is no details?

He hasn't even spoke yet.

Jesus the conspiracy run fool hat brigade are put early today.

Did you type that last sentence out with your penis?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

*frantic arm waving, nothing to see here folks*

Just calling it like it is, dude. Bit of an outrage orgy in this thread so far. Lads getting excited over the idea that Leo is in trouble. Nah. Conspiracy theory nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Nothing in the article evidence-wise that isn't easily falsifiable. I mean fake text conversations make up half the humour sites these days so they count for nothing. The contract seems to be the most damning evidence but at the end of the day its a pile of papers with a cover page and some scribbles. Anyone with a printer and a marker could reproduce that.

Leos reaction should be interesting. A strong denial and there isn't really a whole lot for them to go on.

You’d have to only assume that the journalist has some concrete evidence/source which is authentic and verifiable as such and is not relying on screenshots of text messages and an image of a contract. If this all they have and they are relying on this as proof then the journalist is just an idiot and deserves everything they get.

• Lot of anger in this thread, and plenty of projection as well. Complete non-story. Sorry folks.

I appreciate the reassurance, Ms. McEnany.

Wombatman wrote: »
    LBJ said his opponent, a pig farmer, had carnal relations with his swine.

LBJ’s horrified advisors said “Lyndon, you can’t say such things!”

LBJ responded “I just want to see him deny it.”

Damage has already been done.

What does LeBron James have to do with this?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

You’d have to only assume that the journalist has some concrete evidence/source which is authentic and verifiable as such and is not relying on screenshots of text messages and an image of a contract. If this all they have and they are relying on this as proof then the journalist is just an idiot and deserves everything they get.

Well as pointed out, why is this in the village magazine and not something bigger? Was the evidence not enough for them to run it?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Leo knew this was breaking, he’s been given the heads up on it! The fact it was published and is out now tells me he didn’t issue any libel related legal threats against publishing it, or if he did, The Village are confident in the source and will fight such a battle if necessary! I think there may be more to this and we’ll know in the coming days

I rekon Shane Ross is behind this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

What's him being a GP have anything to do with it?

hahahaha, hilarious, seriously.

wait a minute... your original post said ".......gay GP......., yet when I quote it, the 'gay' is missing. Are you editing while I'm replying??

anyway, THIS is what I'm responding to:
    What's him being a gay GP have anything to do with it?

My first thought was "who da F are you calling a GP?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I rekon Shane Ross is behind this!

No, whoever it was got the names right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement