Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HalloWalrus - Necro's House of Horrors

• 31-10-2020 1:47pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to HALLOWALRUS - NECRO'S HOUSE OF HORRORS

Tonight from 7pm we will see the scariest, the freakiest - and the downright weirdest entries to a Walrus ever imagined....

200.gif

You bloody well should be!!! The amount of mental anguish inflicted on me from some of these entries has probably scarred me for life

tenor.gif?itemid=3444771

Let's run through the categories...

1. Scariest Song EVER: I want the wild, weird and wonderful here. If it terrifies me, it's gonna do well here - no matter how bad it is!!

2. My Bloody Halloween: A track that has a reference to something scary in the title.

3. Halloween at the Movies: Send me a track that appeared on a horror movie, that simple.

See you all at 7pm for a bloodcurdling, spine-chilling, and downright horrifying edition of Walrus...

Our cast of Ghosts, Ghouls and Creepies:

Electric Nitwit
    the purple tin
    s1ippy
    $hifty
    tusk
    Irish Aris
    Kolido
    Homer J. Fong
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    ShaneU
    Sawduck
    Reberetta
    mustang shelly
    Rikand
    Trigger
    MicksJaguar
    JP Liz V1
    beakerjoe
    JohnGreenFan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    The amount of mental anguish inflicted on me from some of these entries has probably scarred me for life
    Screenshot-from-Hotline-Bling.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

tenor.gif?itemid=15500621

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The amount of mental anguish inflicted on me from some of these entries has probably scarred me for life

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I was contemplating submitting a 48 min song for the terrifying one :pac: just the thoughts of having 48min song in there would have terrified you into maybe missing your deadline :D

Trigger wrote: »
    I was contemplating submitting a 48 min song for the terrifying one :pac: just the thoughts of having 48min song in there would have terrified you into maybe missing your deadline :D

Mine was 14 minutes for that one. I'm sure Necro despises me for that alone, and am fully expecting last place for it...

I regret nothing... :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

14 mins wasn't the longest entry even. I believe the longest entry is 26 mins long :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

14 mins wasn't the longest entry even. I believe the longest entry is 26 mins long :pac:

wow, just wow!!!
    For the first category I had a couple of choices from the same artist I selected that would be 15-20 minutes long, but I don't hate you to put you through such a long ordeal, so I opted for something shorter.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    wow, just wow!!!
    For the first category I had a couple of choices from the same artist I selected that would be 15-20 minutes long, but I don't hate you to put you through such a long ordeal, so I opted for something shorter.

giphy.gif

While people are waiting impatiently for 7pm and this epic Walrus to begin, I'm sure Necro won't mind me plugging my own Movie Walrus... Sign Ups are only open for the next 48 hours, because f**k giving people too much time to think about things... ;)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058127318

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

you're welcome

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I didn't sleep last night or Thursday night listening to category 1.

So if there are any errors in my write-ups that I'm currently doing right now - you only have yourselves to blame :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Unfortunately I didnt get an entry in for this one, but I'm looking forward to following the reveal. Theres one song that instantly comes to mind for the 1st category, be interesting to see if any of the entrants submitted it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Looking forward to this tonight

hocus-pocus-run-08042017.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

My cat 1 video is not to be watched until after the watershed :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Good craic abounds. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How scary will these songs be?
    Like, bring spare underwear type scary :eek:

giphy.gif

How scary will these songs be?
    Like, bring spare underwear type scary :eek:

Oh, much worse than that.

UVzwr.gif

For more Halloween fun, JohnGreenFan is running a Sheep -

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058127396

Get yourselves signed up ASAP ;)

Couldn't really think of a scary song for #1, so just went with something dark and moody. And I needed Google's help for #3 as I'm not really into horror films.

I suspect I will be doing well just to avoid the wooden spoon here. :o

Couldn't really think of a scary song for #1, so just went with something dark and moody. And I needed Google's help for #3 as I'm not really into horror films.

I suspect I will be doing well just to avoid the wooden spoon here. :o

tenor.gif?itemid=18654427

Not long to go now and all shall be revealed. Gonna run through all three categories tonight so y'all have a.... let's go with an eclectic playlist for All Hallow's Eve.

• Advertisement

I didn't even know. Songs could be scary, I don't think I've ever felt scared of a song before, so I guesss mine. Will be **** but looking forward to. The other. Entries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think my selection for scary song might raise some eyebrows but it is a song that I always found intimidating and the particular version I selected is a different type of weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Can we start now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I didn't even know. Songs could be scary, I don't think I've ever felt scared of a song before, so I guesss mine. Will be **** but looking forward to. The other. Entries

I struggled, then picked a song I dont particularly like or enjoy. God knows how it will do. I can appreciate the creativity of it but the subject matter is disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Clarabel wrote: »
    Can we start now

What C said

Well.... I do have the write ups done so can go at any stage.

15 mins good for y'all?

So for this category I was looking to be terrified by your entries. I can safely say y’all delivered in spades… I think I’m genuinely mentally scarred by some of them – wasn’t able to sleep a wink the past two nights!!

A couple examples of what I’m talking about below:

As per my previous reveal, I’ll start with 4th from bottom and move up, we will have a fantabulous final 6 then of top and bottom 3. We actually have one duplicate in this round, how did it fare – as the entrants will grab the same points I allocated!

And as always, bottom – top – middle… it’s only my opinion, it doesn’t mean your song is any better or worse than the next person!

Well.... I do have the write ups done so can go at any stage.

15 mins good for y'all?

I'll have to catch up later on.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Kicking us off in 16th place with 5 points…
    Reberetta

Therapy? – Diane

Had I heard this song before: No

It’s a shame I have to rank this so low as it’s actually a good track, but I just don’t find it in any way terrifying.

Advertisement