Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Wont be playing that game, you already know.

Bingo.
    You're right, I know it and so do you, no one took these words of Trump's out of context.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Cody montana

US reports over 90,000 new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

FyodorD wrote: »
    Get a life

1994 called, they want their insults back..

What's wrong with some people, do you actually take this thread seriously? Have I offended you by mocking the random nonsense shown here?

It's the internet, and although there are some very seriously topics to be discussed, it's also only boards.ie..

No offence was meant, not even sure how it was taken as such ??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And yet people have been taking those same words out of context against Trump since the Axios interview. You reap what you sow.

"Yes people are dying, it is what it is"

Thats what Trump said, how is that taken out of context?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

And yet people have been taking those same words out of context against Trump since the Axios interview. You reap what you sow.

Haha you really have to excuse everything for him don't you? Your obsession with him is unhealthy.

• Advertisement

Haha you really have to excuse everything for him don't you? Your obsession with him is unhealthy.

Ye, I thought it was a pro Biden post at first
    I had to parse those posts a few times. I then thought it was attributing Trumps quote to Biden because Biden quoted Trump.

But really, what we are suggesting is DNC has taken 'it is what it is' line out of context?

Please find me that clip where he originally said it so that we can determine the original context...(I bet you can't).

Don't tell me, it was just a joke was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

km991148 wrote: »
    Ye, I thought it was a pro Biden post at first
    I had to parse those posts a few times. I then thought it was attributing Trumps quote to Biden because Biden quoted Trump.

But really, what we are suggesting is DNC has taken 'it is what it is' line out of context?

Please find me that clip where he originally said it so that we can determine the original context...(I bet you can't).

Don't tell me, it was just a joke was it?

00.33 seconds in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Impossible. Trump ended the pandemic.

No, I know the Axios interview, I meant the clip where he said it in a different context..!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Every day, a new low. Once this makes the rounds, cue the apologists and WH deniers, campaign does what it does etc. etc.

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-rally-video-dystopia-1984-linkin-park-us-election-9723788

"A video that that was played to Trump supporters at a rally in Michigan on Tuesday has shocked people who have seen it to such an extent that it's being compared it to the totalitarian government in George Orwell's 1984."

• Advertisement

km991148 wrote: »
    No, I know the Axios interview, I meant the clip where he said it in a different context..!

Christ, just watching that interview again in places..

Positives: I was surprised to hear him say that one death is one too many (of course his actions don't match that sentiment, but at least he said it lol)

But then he goes on to give 'it is what it is' and then when asked about holding indoor rallies his narcissistic personality takes over and he actually boastfully corrects an alleged misprinting of the attendance figures (it was 12k not 6k!!) - in the context of a question on whether or not there should be any gatherings AT ALL...

How can anyone defend this, it's indefensible.. either that or I want to know what meds you are on because I'm sure it must be better to live in your reality. I imagine something like this:

https://youtu.be/StTqXEQ2l-Y?t=5

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"Turning the corner"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Igotadose wrote: »
    Every day, a new low. Once this makes the rounds, cue the apologists and WH deniers, campaign does what it does etc. etc.

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-rally-video-dystopia-1984-linkin-park-us-election-9723788

"A video that that was played to Trump supporters at a rally in Michigan on Tuesday has shocked people who have seen it to such an extent that it's being compared it to the totalitarian government in George Orwell's 1984."

why would anybody be surprised by that? it is totally on-message for trump

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

8-10 wrote: »
    Impossible. Trump ended the pandemic.

https://twitter.com/chr1sa/status/1321293853190721539?s=20

Hers the full interview just in case there are any accusations of editing.

The magic starts at 7.29 where he declares the virus as under control and the gives the people are dying, it is what it is:

https://youtu.be/YR-e2NHiFTU

I don't think @Kidchameleon will be able to excuse this one tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

This is interesting, Glenn Greenwald has resigned after he was forced to censor his coverage of the alleged Biden family corruption scandal. For those that don't know, Greenwald is best known for playing a key role in releasing the information gathered by Edward Snowden. Greenwald has been harshly critical of Trump in the past so this really looks like a case of journalistic integrity on his part. If the Biden corruption allegations have thought us one thing it is that the mainstream media are in the pocket of the Democrats. Imagine if there was this much evidence pointing at Trump corruption? Even if there was a fraction of that evidence, the media would be all over it, wall to wall, 24/7...

I admire Glenn's stance on the issue, the Biden corruption allegations must be brought to the public's attention.

From https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/29/business/media/glenn-greenwald-leaving-intercept.html

Mr. Greenwald, a former lawyer, wrote a 3,300-word post on the digital platform Substack on Thursday saying that he was leaving the site because it had refused to publish an article he had written on Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son, Hunter Biden, unless he agreed to remove portions that were seen as critical of the Democratic presidential nominee.

More info on Glenn:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Greenwald

I suppose the main stream media has seen what happened what a few Hilary emails could do to swing an election and any sane person can see that another 4 years of Trump could be catastrophic for the US and the potentially the world. How the f**k can republican presidents get away with all sorts of crap and then Make one or two scandals Against democrats look worse ?

Diplomacy is important, especially from the worlds biggest super power. Trump is a dangerous president , absolutely no common sense and only interested in furthering and enriching his own interests. No checks and balances can reign him in. I actually don’t believe people realise how bad/dangerous Trump is and the kind of legacy he could leave with another 4 years. When your biggest rivals are playing games to rig the election in Trumps favour you need only ask are they doing it to help or hinder USA.

It’s highly ironic to see the Trump campaign try to suggest Biden used his position for nefarious purposes when this actually encapsulates everything Trump has done for 4 years. But it’s not surprising as Trump has absolutely no capacity for self reflection or taking responsibility for anything. Once again a republican president has taken over after a democrat had steadied the ship and left the country in a terrible state.

What I find most concerning is the fact that there is even a race for the election. Doesn’t say much about a significant portion of the population. I know with partisan support that even if either party ran a convicted rapist they would get at least 40% of the votes but this is ridiculous.

What's your point? Because it's not really clear. If it's what the text if the tweet reads then just to say that assertion is inconclusive and ignores the fact that we are still mainly working with restricted movements.

It makes for a catchy tweet and it even has a nice graph, but a catchy tweet is all it is (it is what it is!!)

See really, If we as a population (world population in this case as I'm not in the states) had any sense, the Trump era *should* be a uniting force. We should be together against the systems in place to make sure none if this sh it ever happens again. The lies and the manipulation.

Must remember that video for when the right wing snowflakes are crying about over representation of minorities in the main stream media.. watch it (if you can stomach it), you would think every non white person was voting Trump..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Presume we'll have a cease and desist from Linkin Park sometime today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Drumpot wrote: »
    I suppose the main stream media has seen what happened what a few Hilary emails could do to swing an election and any sane person can see that another 4 years of Trump could be catastrophic for the US and the potentially the world.

No, thats not it. Lots of the media outlets refusing to touch this story are pro Trump, they'd run it if they thought it was a winner.

The Hillary emails story was hyped beyond reason, but there was a core of truth, she did handle emails sloppily.

No-one will touch this because it is transparently fake.

Heat at Trump rally sends a dozen attendees to the hospital
    Officials at the Trump rally in Tampa, Florida, said a total of 17 people needed medical attention

He sure does love sending them to hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Heat at Trump rally sends a dozen attendees to the hospital
    Officials at the Trump rally in Tampa, Florida, said a total of 17 people needed medical attention

He sure does love sending them to hospital.

Trump is in the pocket of Big Hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

No, thats not it. Lots of the media outlets refusing to touch this story are pro Trump, they'd run it if they thought it was a winner.

The Hillary emails story was hyped beyond reason, but there was a core of truth, she did handle emails sloppily.

No-one will touch this because it is transparently fake.

Genuinely surprised by this. If pro Trump media outlets won’t run the Biden scandal cause it’s fake how exactly have they reported on trump the last 4 years when the majority of what he says is transparently fake/lies?

Im not sure either way BTW, just don’t understand why they would draw the line at lieing about a democrat candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Genuinely surprised by this. If pro Trump media outlets won’t run the Biden scandal cause it’s fake how exactly have they reported on trump the last 4 years when the majority of what he says is transparently fake/lies?

Im not sure either way BTW, just don’t understand why they would draw the line at lieing about a democrat candidate.

With Trump they’re reporting what he says so although it’s a lie it’s a fact that he said it. Then Tucker can co can ram home opinions that back up the lie because Tucker is entertainment and not factual news.

With Biden it would be reporting on something from a 3rd party so it would need to be verified otherwise they could be held liable as they would basically be reporting it as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,495 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Had this come mid-cycle, they would probably run it anyway, but even the journalists will know what way the wind is blowing now, and don't want to find their name attached to something that doesn't meet any reporting standard after next week.

Tucker will continue as some sort of crazy far right uncle spouting rhetoric at the centre right dems, other presenters and journalists don't have that to fall back on (Rudy is completely finished as a political entity unless Trump manages a crazy upset next week).

astrofool wrote: »
    Had this come mid-cycle, they would probably run it anyway, but even the journalists will know what way the wind is blowing now, and don't want to find their name attached to something that doesn't meet any reporting standard after next week.

Tucker will continue as some sort of crazy far right uncle spouting rhetoric at the centre right dems, other presenters and journalists don't have that to fall back on (Rudy is completely finished as a political entity unless Trump manages a crazy upset next week).

Ye good point actually.. when the crazy press are putting a stop on the crazy then that's more damning that the dems in Texas discussion..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

https://www.irishexaminer.com/world/arid-40072790.html

Hahaha.

Hackers steal more than 2m from his campaign in Wisconsin.

Also the guy who published the Hunter Biden laptop nonsense is a deepfake human who doesn't really exist.

God I just hate all this stupid sh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

I think Tucker is backing away from the Hunter nothingburger now even....

Has Tucker been compromised by Twitter's evil Jack Dorsey? Tune in next week!!
    Tucker Carlson Suddenly Says It’s Time to Leave Hunter Biden Alone

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlson-suddenly-says-its-time-to-leave-hunter-biden-alone
    Interestingly enough, just a couple of hours before Carlson’s broadcast, NBC News reported that a 64-page dossier alleging a complex conspiracy involving Hunter Biden and China was actually authored by a fake persona. The fake document, which had been floating around the far-right web for a month before the New York Post published a controversial article echoing those conspiracy theories, was eventually disseminated by close associates of the president.

• Advertisement

He seems to be screaming on twitter for the last few hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement