Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Sitting in the sun room listening to Carly Simon "its coming around again". Cheese-tastic lyrics admittedly but very nice tune nonetheless. Always makes me feel a tad sad/nostalgic. Which is ok sometimes.....
    Made a nice salad and balsamic dressing and pan-fried gourmet potato cakes for the din-dins. So I'm full up. The potato cakes were fab, thanks to allrecipies.co.uk for the recipe. Easy and miles nicer than the sheeet you'd buy in shops, for a few minutes extra work.
    This advert has been brought to you by NewRed-2 Enterprises, sponsored by allrecipies, trading as NewRed-2 Enterprises, delivered by boards.ie, wash yer hands.
    Terms and conditions apply. **
    **like if ya make them and they turn out crap, don't be blaming me!!!

I got stopped a few times at checkpoints during the week. But the best one was near Rathcoole, as I approached I was muttering swear words about being delayed for 20 mins due to the traffic jam and giving out crap about it all, then theres 5 Guards lined up and I got the most amazingly beautiful Guard, I mean she was simply stunning looking, even with a fookin mask on. Gorgeous eyes (which I'm a sucker for!) and a delicate sprinkling of freckles like little drops of heaven, ah bless her. She was cute as a button.
    So by now the frustration of being stopped has totally subsided.
    She looks in and I'm just staring back thinking wow.
    And then she says in a very high pitched voice "Purpose for travaaaal???" in the strongest Cork accent I've ever heard in my life. And I dunno why but it was the last thing I was expecting, so I could feel myself close to laughing. So now I'm thinking, jesus don't fookin laugh or this could turn very serious. So I managed to keep it to a broad grin. I mean I don't mind the Cork accent at all but I just wasn't anticipating it from her, I got caught by surprise.
    "Just going home from work Guard" I replied, still smiling. "G'wan so, faiiiir plaay to ya!".
    And that was that.
    I've never been arrested or in any trouble with the Guards in my life but I hope if I ever do get arrested it's her that does it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Must have been a doddle to learn it at school! :)

Doddle that is a new word I learned, many thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I never knew I had little drops of heaven on my face til today, New Red! I like that expression. Look at me with my little drops of heaven. Law-dee-daw!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I never knew I had little drops of heaven on my face til today, New Red! I like that expression. Look at me with my little drops of heaven. Law-dee-daw!

I put drops of my heaven on someones face before.

:)

Law-dee-daw indeed! :)
    You look after those wee drops of heaven! Oh yeah freckles are beautiful on a woman's face. Well.... I certainly think so anyway.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »

We're really going for the over sharing on here these days aren't we?

:eek:

:D

well that's a definitive end to that discussion anyway :pac: :D

What did he say afterwards??????? :):)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

We're really going for the over sharing on here these days aren't we?

That's relatively tame for me

If going by context from previous posts, yours would seem a bit inappropriate.IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm more a kind of torrential rain :o

• Advertisement

I'd say I'm a soft Irish mist! :D

I'll be scoffing take away soon and I can't feckin' wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

I'm the one that gave you that name!

Bolgbui can be Bbui or Bolgb or even 'bb the inferior'.

He lieth, twas I giveth thee that nickname! :D Twas a long time ago in the land before time...

Also I'm pretty sure bolgbui is Dr. Yellowbelly no? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watcha getting?

What are you having?

He lieth, twas I giveth thee that nickname! :D Twas a long time ago in the land before time...

Also I'm pretty sure bolgbui is Dr. Yellowbelly no? :)

But.. who are you??

Well I'm having chips!!! And some franks hot sauce dipping sauce cause I actually love it with chips! *Whispers* and a vegan burger.
    And a chocolatey dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Well I'm having chips!!! And some franks hot sauce dipping sauce cause I actually love it with chips! *Whispers* and a vegan burger.

Hmm sounds delicious :) I’m having pizza and garlic bread :)

But.. who are you??

I'm just an insignificant fart on the wind blowing through the sands of time taking it easy in a corner of the globe. :)

I'm just an insignificant fart on the wind blowing through the sands of time taking it easy in a corner of the globe. :)

Ah yes. Now I remember you.

If going by context from previous posts, yours would seem a bit inappropriate.IMO.

Ah no! Booms is just having the craic :)

• Advertisement

You sound like my kind of gal, Gremy. Heavenly. In keeping with your role of the wherers Guardian Angel of the night.

Cleaning the kitchen with The Police on YouTube. Every time I see that aborrahtion of an ad with 'Message in a Bottle' butchered I have to undo the damage. I also like to take the opportunity to sigh over Stewart Copeland, who was heavenly in his day and guides my thoughts to things unangelic.

I am couchside with wine in hand after a mountain of pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,846 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I've just had chipper chips , a jumbo batter burger and garlic dip , pickled in salt and vinegar and it was fecking delicious.

Now watching MasterChef here .

Are you sure that's just a fart and that you're not asleep and dreaming and.....!

Cleaning the kitchen with The Police

Is it my girl from the other day??? I'll be over within the hour. Address please?

Sardonicat wrote:
    Are you sure that's just a fart and that you're not asleep and dreaming and.....!

Ahem, I swear officer it was just a hiccup.. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mmmm sounds luverly :-P Vegan burgers are nice actually, had one when I was in Sydney and a vegan curry as well which was savage!

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Is it my girl from the other day??? I'll be over within the hour. Address please?

Fraid not, Red. And I'm busy with Mr High Hat tonight!

Mmmm sounds luverly :-P Vegan burgers are nice actually, had one when I was in Sydney and a vegan curry as well which was savage!

I've been making loads of vegan meals in the past few months, some winners, some losers. Burgers are the best, or bean burritos.

• Advertisement

Ah yes. Now I remember you.

Does he like consonants and is he often marked present as geailge?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement