Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

Grandeeod wrote: »
    And so Covid comes to visit a little closer. Tonight I received a text from Ms Gs secondary school. She only started 6 weeks ago. Hard to believe the case was in her actual class. Just our luck. She's to stay at home, restrict her movements and wait for our so called HSE to decide if she or me and Mrs G are close contacts which they usual decide we're not.

Heywood Community College in Laois. No apology from me by naming it. Enough is enough.

Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out.
    When the schools go on midterm, they may be out for longer which causes major problems for parents who cannot WFH,
    Still couchside:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jeebus you guys I'm so sorry it's reared it's ugly head so feckin close. There are many special gremmy hugs here..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    S*** just got real , that's terrifying G .
    Hopefully you all will be ok .
    If there's anything I can do or if ye need anything dropped out to ye , don't hesitate to let me know , I mean it .

(Don't worry , I could drop them off at the side of a road for you !)

Yeah, an absolute kick in the head considering all the schools in Laois. A fairly rural place for a secondary school and then in my daughters actual class! We feel sick as feck about it. Bad choice of words.:rolleyes: I know. We did well so far, but I had a horrible feeling about the whole school thing. Between work and this, you kinda feel cheated. All we can do is isolate, wait and hope. Glad I named the school here and reported into local media. No school case should be covered up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

And so Covid comes to visit a little closer. Tonight I received a text from Ms Gs secondary school. She only started 6 weeks ago. Hard to believe the case was in her actual class. Just our luck. She's to stay at home, restrict her movements and wait for our so called HSE to decide if she or me and Mrs G are close contacts which they usual decide we're not.

Heywood Community College in Laois. No apology from me by naming it. Enough is enough.
    4Ad wrote: »
    Sister is covid positive..
    She is still able to drink though..
    Got to go for a test tomorrow, if I can get one...
    I'm dreading telling one lad, he will whinge like ****, eventhough he thought he had it in April...
    Other friends will be ok...

Really sorry to hear that :( Hopefully it will all be ok, seems to be spreading worse this time around, In the first lockdown there was feck all cases around here from what I know and now this its all over the gaff and in my aunts nursing home up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Really sorry to hear that :( Hopefully it will all be ok, seems to be spreading worse this time around, In the first lockdown there was feck all cases around here from what I know and now this its all over the gaff and in my aunts nursing home up the road.

No fcuking end to it Seph... such a **** time in our lives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Yeah, an absolute kick in the head considering all the schools in Laois. A fairly rural place for a secondary school and then in my daughters actual class! We feel sick as feck about it. Bad choice of words.:rolleyes: I know. We did well so far, but I had a horrible feeling about the whole school thing. Between work and this, you kinda feel cheated. All we can do is isolate, wait and hope. Glad I named the school here and reported into local media. No school case should be covered up.

100% agree re school cases not been covered up , it's all fcuked up isn't it?
    I know the school involved , you were right imo to name it .
    All ye can do is to continue being as diligent as ye were since March , honestly hope you all will be ok G .

Oh no. Hope Ms.G is ok Grandeeod and the rest of the family. Same to you 4Ad, hope your sister gets through it ok and that the rest of you test negative.

Getting harder to escape it and not sure how well this lockdown (is it even a lockdown, not really) will work. Loads of places seem to be open through loop holes and many people don't seem motivated to follow the restrictions.

Roads were mad today, it took me 10 minutes longer than usual to get home. Switched on the radio earlier and the dj (can't even remember what station it was) said he asked the guards at the checkpoint he goes through in the mornings was it any quieter today and they said not at all, possibly busier. My route was busier anyway. I don't understand why, there was no checkpoints anywhere in the vicinity.

Ah where will it all end?! As for that nursing home in galway? My heart is broken thinking about it. Got sent a picture of my gran today. Her nursing home is great for the updates. I'm so worried about her though. I was ok the first time round but now.. I dunno.. I feel like things are slipping through our fingers and I'm not as confident that it will be kept at bay for them.

Ah I don't want to end on such a depressing note....

Jaysus I wrote the above about ten minutes ago at this stage and I'm sitting here like a dope trying to think of anything at all positive to say... There must be goddamn something....

The guy who made me my coffee in the cafe today had an incredibly deep voice, like think Barry White.. I liked it!

My most recent instagram pic of Khali got comments about her big ol' smile. That's nice. Hope she made those people smile right back at her.

I think I'm getting take away tomorrow night.

Slim pickings there but it's the best I could do!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

smurfjed wrote: »
    Got kinda close to the mutt tonight, if one considers 40,000 feet above him as close :)

530217.jpeg

Oh wow!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside sipping away on a ale.
    Jaysus I wrote the above about ten minutes ago at this stage and I'm sitting here like a dope trying to think of anything at all positive to say... There must be goddamn something....
    !

🤔🤔

Maybe if I post my pictures from the other day that cheer everyone up 🤔🤔

😸😃

My most recent instagram pic of Khali got comments about her big ol' smile. That's nice. Hope she made those people smile right back at her.

Any comments for the auld cats :3?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,613 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sephers I think you should rescue Buile's from their "torment", you know you want to. :cool:

I'm beddy, bed, bedside getting some sleep ahead of another exciting day ...

• Advertisement

Deskside sipping away on a ale.

🀔🀔

Maybe if I post my pictures from the other day that cheer everyone up 🀔🀔

Yess! Post your pictures!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sorry haven't read the thread just caught the last page.
    Hope everything will be ok G. Stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sardonicat wrote: »
    For Halloween night I think I'll spray my cats black, put on my goth gear, my hair is sufficiently hag like at the moment and creep up and down the road cackling maniacly to freak out the local kids.

This! Makes me all the more thankful to be on a desert island

If you come near here I will SET THE CATS ON YOU!

3d4life wrote: »
    I'm sensing that this lockdown is not like the last one ... e.g. ( and maybe no use to you L. ) someone said to me that they thought Woodies will not have to close this time.

( anyone able to confirm / deny Woodies open ? )

Woodies like many shops has an excellent mail order delivery service.

I gat all my household needs by mail order from Lenahans of Dublin and have done for years. AN excellent store. Being unable to shop is permanent thing for me ;)

For Seph! From my cats to your heart..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I am so sorry to hear the news, Grandeeod - do hope your family stays well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, why can't I stay asleep on my day off, typical :(

Sorry to hear your news G and 4AD, hope all will be ok.

Had a few tests in hospital yesterday, was ok although was full of adrenaline, it was nicely timed with the PA (mom and I were just sitting in the car chatting outside my flat, when we were finished, when I saw the PA walking down the street) :) Having more tests done next week

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Saw Seph driving earlier :D

Morning all :) It’s a cool morning out there and I think I’ll head back to bed, I might have a duvet day :D

Happy Friday!!!

Hope everything is ok cat lady.
    Still dark here, looks like rain.
    No good news I'm afraid, I can't cheer anyone up! It is Friday, if that means anything to anyone :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sardonicat wrote: »
    For Halloween night I think I'll spray my cats black, put on my goth gear, my hair is sufficiently hag like at the moment and creep up and down the road cackling maniacly to freak out the local kids.

I love it!
    I saw a brilliant ghost outside a house last night, when I was out walking. It made me smile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At work. Watched the debate last nght and will need matchsticks to keep my peepers open.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In the car listening to Need You Now ... class song .

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside, slaving away.

Now with an earworm thanks to Mam.

Graces7 wrote: »
    For Seph! From my cats to your heart..

Ahh god thanks grace :3
    Autosport wrote: »
    Saw Seph driving earlier :D

Accurate description :-P

Deskside with a cup of the sweet stuff, I'll just have the one cup as I'm sweet enough already :-P :pac:

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Exactly so, and not just groceries - anything that you find essential to your life I would say
    That sounds like you're putting your own interpretation of what is essential, just so you can flout the rules. There's a perfectly good Tesco in my town but the Tesco in the town 7km away is bigger so I might want to go there, even though the essential things I want are also in my local place.

I'm only saying this because if you're stopped by a Garda, your idea of 'essential' mightn't tally with his, and then you have yerself a fine. If you have an overwhelming urge for your favourite burger but you're in Dublin but the burger place is in Galway, can you justify going there? ;) :pac:
    I'm sensing that this lockdown is not like the last one ... e.g. ( and maybe no use to you L. ) someone said to me that they thought Woodies will not have to close this time.

( anyone able to confirm / deny Woodies open ? )
    Woodies should be open because they fit into two of the categories allowed:
    • Outlets selling products necessary for the essential upkeep and functioning of places of residence and businesses, whether on a retail or wholesale basis.
    • Hardware outlets, builders’ merchants and outlets that provide, whether on a retail or wholesale basis -

Anyway, I'm in work listening to Portishead and having Naked Curry Noodle (Singapore-Style) for my breakfast. Nutritious!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Grandeeod, I hope everyone will be safe.

My opinon is that keeping the GAA going is detrimental to schools as the players are amateurs and returning to their families and jobs after playing. Even the "elite" players have jobs to go to.
    Lots of teachers, male and female, are very involved, whether playing or training. This is usually a bonus for the school as they give of their time very generously, to help with the local clubs.
    But no one in education should be allowed take part in any communal activity at the moment.

With the health issues in your house I would be nervous of sending your daughter back until given the all clear.

That sounds like you're putting your own interpretation of what is essential, just so you can flout the rules. There's a perfectly good Tesco in my town but the Tesco in the town 7km away is bigger so I might want to go there, even though the essential things I want are also in my local place.

I'm only saying this because if you're stopped by a Garda, your idea of 'essential' mightn't tally with his, and then you have yerself a fine. If you have an overwhelming urge for your favourite burger but you're in Dublin but the burger place is in Galway, can you justify going there? ;) :pac:

Bit of a leap to say he's twisting things to flout the rules. I took it to mean exactly the truth... For example for me, in the countryside, it's not just groceries that I have to leave the 5k for, it's pet food, it's coal etc. I think it would have been better placed to agree that he was absolutely right but, if you felt so inclined, to remind people that it shouldn't be used as an excuse to unnecessarily flout the rules.

Sephers I think you should rescue Buile's from their "torment", you know you want to. :cool:

Ahh no leggings I couldn't do that, she's a good cat mom in fairness ;):)

Ahh no leggings I couldn't do that, she's a good cat mom in fairness ;):)

Oh am I missing something? I can be so slow! :D

• Advertisement

Oh am I missing something? I can be so slow! :D

There I said what you wanted me to now wheres my brown envelope of cash? 😾

😸😃😛

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement