Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend me good fighting or beat em up games that I can play on an Xbox 360, Xbox One or a PS4?

If you have the gamepass the following are on it.
    Mortal Kombat X, Tekken 7, Soul Calibur, Streets of Rage 4, Marvel V Capcom, Double Dragon neon. Killer Instinct is also on it but I think that's free or was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I got the PSVR up and going again to try and complete Blood & Truth, but it has gotten harder for me now. One thing that enhances the experience of the game for me are the move controllers. They are brilliant innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

My TV bit the dust over the weekend so with Gen5 on the way, just wondering do we have a best TV for Gen5 consoles thread anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

joe123 wrote: »
    My TV bit the dust over the weekend so with Gen5 on the way, just wondering do we have a best TV for Gen5 consoles thread anywhere?

Gen5? I've lived through more generations than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

joe123 wrote: »

There's 2 1 in the PlayStation forum and 1 in the Xbox forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

What happens now with level 5 & getting ps5 on release from GameStop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

surely a PS5 is essential? tbh I'm nervously watching out for when they shut down off licences, I can get by with my PS4 but soloing Warzone sober is a terrifying prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Pity this lockdown didnt happen the days after the PS5 release ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I ordered PC parts during the first lockdown so I don't know that that stuff should be affected

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

brady12 wrote: »
    What happens now with level 5 & getting ps5 on release from GameStop ?

Someone on the Xbox forum put this up

https://twitter.com/GameStopIE/status/1318538372542042116

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »

Just on this, I called into my own local store yesterday and the guy recommended I update my preferences on the gamestop website as regards receiving email communications.

He reckoned meetings were ongoing as to how best to deal with it, as they're looking at possibly fulfilling everything via delivery if click and collect is a non runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://twitter.com/TomHolland1996/status/1319299253425049605

Wonder who is playing Sully and Elena?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »

Think Sully is Mark Wahlberg isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Tom Holland as Nathan Drake? That's terrible casting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Penn wrote: »
    Think Sully is Mark Wahlberg isn't it?

Jesus, it gets worse...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've no faith in the project but will adapt a wait and see response.

As for Tom Holland, he is a fine actor and I still remember the nerds getting upset that Heath Ledger would ruin the Joker character. We will see.

They should have just done a CGI movie with the original voice actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They should have just done a CGI movie with the original voice actors.

This. I was going to say surely it's cheaper to do CGI films, but a quick Google tells me otherwise. But CGI would suit game related films far more than live action imo.

This. I was going to say surely it's cheaper to do CGI films, but a quick Google tells me otherwise. But CGI would suit game related films far more than live action imo.
    There was a Tintin CGI movie a few years ago which had a lot of good action scenes. Something like that would have been perfect for an Uncharted movie.

It also would have been interesting then to see how long it took the games graphics to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Considering the inspiration for Uncharted I think live action would be better.

The Indian jones and all the Romancing the stone campy adventure romances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jesus, it gets worse...

Wahlberg was originally going to play Nate at one point. But it's been in development for so long, he's old enough to play Sully now

then that would just be the game, like those CG movies you see on youtube made using the cutscenes/clips from the games

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

the creative director at google stadia puts foot in mouth with a tweet about streamers should pay licences to stream to game developers: https://twitter.com/BangBangClick/status/1319305552560836609

Cue pretty much everyone ****ting on him

Though I've gotten some interesting chit chat out of it on my end about where the games industry intends to go with streaming in the future, at some point someone is going to want to throw enough money at streaming to demand some level of control.

I dont think licences will be a thing, the games industry has always tried to avoid solving it's problems with legal, my money is on twitch or youtube throwing money at some playstation or xbox exclusive title in the future to have it locked that streaming that title from the console will only be able to stream to their website and that will open a floodgate in the same way we saw a tonne of timed exclusives to consoles and the epic store, we'll get the same for streaming platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

What a dumbass viewpoint to have, its free advertising :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If you look at the Steam best sellers list you'll see the massive influence the likes of Twitch and streaming has on the industry in terms of moving units.
    Look at who Sony let play the PS5 first as they are easier to control. YouTuber's and Vloggers weren't going to say oh the console could heat a room, the expanded memory might overheat and spread basic misinformation for clicks like some sites did with the Xbox Series X.

However the relationships between studios and influencers these days is a lot easier to scrutinise than the not exactly squeaky clean one between studios and the media in the past, probably because the gaming press are savy enough to be clever if they get asked to "feature" a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Cordell

I think they would rather control that influence themselves. My kids picked up Among Us (5 quids) and that free chinese Zelda knock off from these influencing platform, not a lot of revenue for any of the big publishers and distribution platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Surprised they don't try it. I mean they're not above microtransactions so clearly they'll try anything for a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Anyone know where I could see a perspective video on the kit the lad is playing with in this video? https://www.instagram.com/p/CGpoC5LhZzU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Is a Vr headset only adaptable to a very limited number of racing games? I would have thought it’s adaptable to no console games at all but I could be totally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Publishers pay streamers hundreds of thousands of dollars to play their game. To think any of them would think they could charge the streamers a fee is beyond daft.

Outside the few genuine mysteries like among us. If you see Ninja, Dr. Disrespect or Shroud etc playing a new game you can guarantee they are paid promotions.

Imagine thinking Messi should pay Pepsi a license fee for using the Pepsi logo in an ad for Pepsi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    the creative director at google stadia puts foot in mouth with a tweet about streamers should pay licences to stream to game developers: https://twitter.com/BangBangClick/status/1319305552560836609

Cue pretty much everyone ****ting on him

Though I've gotten some interesting chit chat out of it on my end about where the games industry intends to go with streaming in the future, at some point someone is going to want to throw enough money at streaming to demand some level of control.

I dont think licences will be a thing, the games industry has always tried to avoid solving it's problems with legal, my money is on twitch or youtube throwing money at some playstation or xbox exclusive title in the future to have it locked that streaming that title from the console will only be able to stream to their website and that will open a floodgate in the same way we saw a tonne of timed exclusives to consoles and the epic store, we'll get the same for streaming platforms.

According to a tweet by Jason Schrier, he's not actually a creative director at Stadia. He works for a games studio which Google bought to become part of Stadias exclusives. This is just the stupid opinion of a guy that happens to be part of a company that Google bought, not some guy who is shaping the direction of Stadias road map.

Advertisement