Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pandemic unemployment payment - contact tracers

Options
  • 21-10-2020 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭

With record numbers on PUP and a swamped contact tracing system, why not use those who are claiming PUP to work as contact tracers?
    Its a role which only need a phone, a laptop and some training surely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

It's a good idea, but our government would rather waste even more money hiring experts :rolleyes: so, don't expect this to happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,660 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

For people notified that they have Covid.

What's the problem? The person who has it should notifie there close contacts instead of a stranger from the HSE. I see nothing wrong with that but of course the typical crap media in this country have to make something big out of it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

AMKC wrote: »
    For people notified that they have Covid.

What's the problem? The person who has it should notifie there close contacts instead of a stranger from the HSE. I see nothing wrong with that but of course the typical crap media in this country have to make something big out of it.

Hold on a minute, some of these people are kids, elderly or might not have the ability to inform or know everyone they wer in close contact with. This was the reason pubs/restaurants etc took details I thought.

To blame anybody but Govt and HSE is outrageous and the typical ****e that goes on around here by some, nó matter what Govt do has no wrong in it.

People who were tested positive 3 days ago, wer asked now to ask close contacts. The Govt promised us they would have a team of tracers doing this within 24 hours not people getting texts put of the blue

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 15,660 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Hold on a minute, some of these people are kids, elderly or might not have the ability to inform or know everyone they wer in close contact with. This was the reason pubs/restaurants etc took details I thought.

To blame anybody but Govt and HSE is outrageous and the typical ****e that goes on around here by some, nó matter what Govt do has no wrong in it.

People who were tested positive 3 days ago, wer asked now to ask close contacts. The Govt promised us they would have a team of tracers doing this within 24 hours not people getting texts put of the blue
    Good points. I suppose I never thought of that. But still if a person is well able to and has been told they have Covid surely they should let everyone that they were in close contact with know as it is them.who know not a stranger on the end of a phone

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

It was a classic example of demand exceeding supply. The situation has been rectified now.

Advertisement