Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Don't see why not. Very cool. Great photos too, what sort of camera set up did you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

beauf wrote: »
    Don't see why not. Very cool. Great photos too, what sort of camera set up did you use.

Thanks!! :)
    It's a humble Nikon d5500 with a Sigma 30mm f1.4 shot hand held at about f2 to blur the background.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mod: I've added it to your old post again, too, CiDeRmAn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

522236.jpg

Made another terrarium from an old Bonsai tree from IKEA and some moss foraged from the Wicklow mountains yesterday. Decorative white stone is from Homesavers, rock face is stone from the base of Carlingford castle, steps are soft rock I found in the forest behind Stewarts hospital in Palmerstown and the rest are from Portrane beach.

50223009943_a7154aa1aa_z.jpgTerrarium by Anthony Murray, on Flickr
    50223010228_310846e2ce_z.jpgTerrarium by Anthony Murray, on Flickr
    50223882177_f64eceb370_z.jpgTerrarium by Anthony Murray, on Flickr

• Advertisement

I have to start selling these things now!

526371.jpg
    526366.jpg
    526367.jpg
    526368.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,829 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

They are beautiful , you really should sell them , they'd make a fabulous gift imo .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    They are beautiful , you really should sell them , they'd make a fabulous gift imo .

Hey thanks!! I'm giving two of them away as presents and I'll try selling the other 2. I've enough material and plants to make another 10 - I think I know what everyone's getting for Xmas! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just finished this today, after a three year hiatus!
    I did a few hours yesterday, one this morning, and it's done.

ZLfZj3km.jpg

I love this!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,829 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hey thanks!! I'm giving two of them away as presents and I'll try selling the other 2. I've enough material and plants to make another 10 - I think I know what everyone's getting for Xmas! :D

Lucky recepients getting those !
    Keep up the good work !

• Advertisement

526527.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's just lovely.
    Though it's from a photo it's as if you've captured all the motion and energy of the scene in motion, tremendous stuff.

Latest mini garden
    528079.jpg

528906.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wolff, your work is simply incredible, I would love to get that kind of motion and energy into a painting, just wonderful

529218.jpg

Really like that one, Wolff. Great atmosphere!

tCjXXhRl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,492 ✭✭✭Penfailed

A work in progress. It's been a while.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Just finished this piece, and decided to post here to show how beautiful yew timber is.
    I hope you like it.

With Yew the quality of the item will always be the strikingly beautiful grain itself. You do not need intricate carving for this material, its exquisite stuff without work .

530032.JPG

530033.JPG

• Advertisement

Out of interest - where do you get your wood from kadman ? - the old man is a wood carver and he used to get them from his instructor before the lockdown

Is there a decent supplier for blanks in Ireland ?

I have a good stock of Yew that I gathered over the years, some elm too.

Adverts has some supplies for woodturners " Timber Planks " should get you sorted.

Where in the country are you?

Meath - the old Man is in Dublin - I'll check out adverts as well - thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Used to knit Arans when I was in college - nearly forty years ago.
    Lockdown found me rooting in the attic and found some hanks of Aran wool, so away I went with a pattern from a 1978 RTE guide. Then I couldn't stop. :)

Falling in love again with knitting. Delighted to have found online Irish sellers who still sell the hanks (except now in a range of fabulous colours).

530063.jpg

Wolff wrote: »
    Meath - the old Man is in Dublin - I'll check out adverts as well - thanks

What size pieces does he normally use??

Flat Plaque size pieces mainly - around 12-14 inch wide - 10 or so High - or square - he cuts them to size on a table saw he has so doesn't have to be exact

Plenty of that size material on adverts and done deal, so he wont be stuck.

Thanks Kadman for those pointers - on it already ! - avid Adverts user and never thought to look there

While I'm here - the last in the Trilogy for October - onto something else now I suppose !

Though these 3 have brightened up the Kitchen

530134.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

spurious wrote: »
    Used to knit Arans when I was in college - nearly forty years ago.
    Lockdown found me rooting in the attic and found some hanks of Aran wool, so away I went with a pattern from a 1978 RTE guide. Then I couldn't stop. :)

Falling in love again with knitting. Delighted to have found online Irish sellers who still sell the hanks (except now in a range of fabulous colours).

530063.jpg

Do you take orders and how much would you charge? :) I'd definitely buy one. :)

Advertisement