Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Blazer wrote: »
    It’s a no brainer.
    I’ve played Messi once on this version and he ripped my defence apart.

I played with him in Draft last night, only 1 game so far and he felt ok but nothing to write home about. But I was far more impressed with SBC Fati, so absolutely get him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

blaa85 wrote: »
    Gave this a go over the past two days, and has definitely improved my game. It's not as attacking as I usually play, and has helped me to stop leaking goals without having to change to a defensive formation. Was able to control most games in midfield and just wait for the right pass.

Yeah I've had pretty much the same experience with it so far. I've become a lot more defensively solid although maybe at the expense of scoring as much. I was losing high scoring games fairly often previously but this has tightened me up and I now tend to draw games more often.

The only thing that catches me out with it a bit is I often find myself comfortable in moving up the field but come unstuck on the edge of the box surrounded by defenders. Someone like Neal is brilliant at using a skill move to create a bit of space in that situation but I'm an average player and struggle to do the same.

Often times with this formation it's just about recycling the ball, being patient and awaiting the right pass to become available, but I feel if I was a little better at using skill moves I'd be flying.

For now I'm thrilled with the improvement though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hmm. I’m looking at Week 2 Gold objectives.

One of them is to earn 3000 rival points.

Which is impossible this week because I did Weekend League so cannot get the points now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lord TSC wrote: »

Which is impossible this week because I did Weekend League so cannot get the points now :/
    Is that correct? What an absolute písstake if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

You get 400 Rivals points per WL match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

They are also all valid for two weeks so you can earn them after Thursday still, or in the next WL.
    You get 400 Rivals points per WL match

Assuming he finished his WL before finishing the Silver Objectives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Can anybody explain what the Live FUT Friendlies are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

BrentMused wrote: »
    Yeah I've had pretty much the same experience with it so far. I've become a lot more defensively solid although maybe at the expense of scoring as much. I was losing high scoring games fairly often previously but this has tightened me up and I now tend to draw games more often.

The only thing that catches me out with it a bit is I often find myself comfortable in moving up the field but come unstuck on the edge of the box surrounded by defenders. Someone like Neal is brilliant at using a skill move to create a bit of space in that situation but I'm an average player and struggle to do the same.

Often times with this formation it's just about recycling the ball, being patient and awaiting the right pass to become available, but I feel if I was a little better at using skill moves I'd be flying.

For now I'm thrilled with the improvement though.

This 100%, I'd score loads of more goals if I was just able to create a small bit more space but passing or shooting, but my skill moves just always end up with me running into the defender :D I need to get better at reading the defenders movement as well, which way they're going to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Can't get my head (no pun intended) around heading.

Get great corsses in and the headers are going miles away.

On Xbox, what am I doing wrong? Is it a controller thing?

Frisbee wrote: »

Assuming he finished his WL before finishing the Silver Objectives.

Yeah, this. Because I did the 30 WL matches, I'm capped on Rivals till Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Can't get my head (no pun intended) around heading.

Get great corsses in and the headers are going miles away.

On Xbox, what am I doing wrong? Is it a controller thing?

Yep, I think headers are manual now so you need to aim them towards goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Yep, I think headers are manual now so you need to aim them towards goal.

you gotta time them too afaik, some people are fcking lethal at them from corners though and its impossible to stop it seems :D

chips1234 wrote: »
    you gotta time them too afaik, some people are fcking lethal at them from corners though and its impossible to stop it seems :D

Yeah I just turn off timed finishing. Saves me from the headache :pac:

UCL Marquee Matchups out requiring you to use UCL cards that have literally just been released :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

UCL Marquee Matchups out requiring you to use UCL cards that have literally just been released :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous, they're selling for 10K, might be worth opening a few 5k packs. They may have come down a bit now.

And not even a sniff of a couple of Objectives to earn a two player UCL pack or anything.

Classic EA... although I do remember them doing something similar to this last year and all the UCL cards were insta-selling at 10k. I’ll wait for rivals to do them :pac:

Do they not usually do a SBC where you trade in 11 golds for a 2 UCL player pack?

What the hell is this :D:D blows the full time whistle as the ball is crossing the line :confused:

https://imgur.com/a/BulnRhy

• Advertisement

Still can't understand why they're waiting so long to release Icon Swaps, last year it started 9 days ago, this year we're still at least 6 weeks away.

Honestly guys does anyone have any idea what EA’s reasoning behind their decisions is?

- Game essentially dead online between Monday-Wednesday for those who chose to play their flagship mode

- SBC’s being released asking for specific cards that weren’t yet in packs

- Icon Swaps as mentioned pushed out for months

I know the SBC reasoning is probably hoping people will buy packs to get the UCL cards, but it’s like they are trying to kill engagement with the game a couple of weeks in.

I just don’t see their logic at all? :confused:

Same with the Copa cards. They are great for the SBCs, but without them, they literally do nothing but spoil packs, blocking boards and walkouts of players who you might actually use...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

BrentMused wrote: »
    Honestly guys does anyone have any idea what EA’s reasoning behind their decisions is?

- Game essentially dead online between Monday-Wednesday for those who chose to play their flagship mode

- SBC’s being released asking for specific cards that weren’t yet in packs

- Icon Swaps as mentioned pushed out for months

I know the SBC reasoning is probably hoping people will buy packs to get the UCL cards, but it’s like they are trying to kill engagement with the game a couple of weeks in.

I just don’t see their logic at all? :confused:

On the 30 rivals ones, I would say that was just a complete cock up that they couldn’t fix on time about the wl games, as it would involve coding and possible a patch (I’m no expert there so not sure)
    So they just ran with what they did while they work on a fix, in a week or 2 when fix is ready they’ll say “oh we listened to the community and wl games no longer count towards the 30”

Same with the Copa cards. They are great for the SBCs, but without them, they literally do nothing but spoil packs, blocking boards and walkouts of players who you might actually use...

Speaking of which the UCL cards are back to all being Boards and 84+ cards being Walkouts....like they were for the first few months of 20 before EA fixed them, which only furthers the idea that EA really are just going off of a FIFA 20 template for the content this year.

picked up 3 florenzis otw at less than 30k possibly he gets a totw can still be got for aounrd 22k on xbox if anyone is looking for a cheap/safe-ish investment, im not going in more on him as ive been burned by the market so many times so far and flipping cards is just all round best way to make coins this year.

if anyone got on this, he is now up to 35k+ after EA updated his cards stats already, i've no idea if they are not gonna give him an inform now or not but its decent profit right now either way if you wanna take it or wait till totw drops later.

I was guilty of just mashing shoot as soon as I hot my corner. But last night was working on timing it and I scored three headers from corners which is probably more than I scored in the entirety of FIFA 20 :pac:
    Still can't understand why they're waiting so long to release Icon Swaps, last year it started 9 days ago, this year we're still at least 6 weeks away.

Yeah, very annoying, it at least gave you some long term goals to work towards in between Objective players etc.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    On the 30 rivals ones, I would say that was just a complete cock up that they couldn’t fix on time about the wl games, as it would involve coding and possible a patch (I’m no expert there so not sure)
    So they just ran with what they did while they work on a fix, in a week or 2 when fix is ready they’ll say “oh we listened to the community and wl games no longer count towards the 30”

I hope you're right (and I think you will be). I would love to play Weekend League but at the moment they've essentially forced me into a choice between the two and considering I can't play 30 Rivals games on a Thursday before Weekend League on Friday, I'm going to go with the game mode that allows me to play more casually throughout the week.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    I was guilty of just mashing shoot as soon as I hot my corner. But last night was working on timing it and I scored three headers from corners which is probably more than I scored in the entirety of FIFA 20 :pac:

I was awful at corners this edition until I bought Mane and De Bruyne - now I'm averaging a goal every 3 corners I'd guess.

Players in the box for corners set on 2 in custom tactics. This allows Mane a lot of space to operate and get his run off. Corner tactic on run to near post and whip it in with De Bruyne. Mane is almost unstoppable in the air if he has a run on a defender and the tactic also has the added benefit of helping to avoid getting caught on the counter as you have more players outside the box to guard against the break.

I found how effective it was by accident when playing Squad Battles. In Squad Battles, even on legendary the defender closest to the near post doesn't really move and I was scoring nearly every time I got a corner from either side. It's a little different online as better players tend to move that defender, but sometimes that can work in your favour as they leave more space for the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Not sure what I want to do next with this team. Either De Bruyne for Thiago or save 100k more and swap Mane in for Calvert-Lewin/Rodrigo?

image.png

• Advertisement

Got my 30 Rivals games completed. Currently rank 1 in division 3 with 15,500 points. It finished on over 16,000 last week but I'd imagine a lot of people will have decided to play WL instead as the points are only barely creeping up every hour or so, so fingers crossed I'll hold on but rank 2 would be fine anyway.

That said, I am on an absolutely horrific run. I was on the cusp on division 2 this morning but played 11 games today - won 2, drew 2 and lost 7 :eek:

I literally finished my last game on 1440 skill rating which means one more draw or loss and I'm down into division 4.

Looking forward to a night off from it tonight. :(

What do you guys usually do when on a bad run?

Advertisement