Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

88th minute DC while winning 2-1, regardless of not getting my win it's a fcuking joke that they want you playing 30 games in 3 days with each being 20 minutes long and at any point they can just DC you and say "yeah that one doesn't count, do it again"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭dmigsy

7-7 now. Remembering why I never really got into fut. Coming up against lads who you play off the pitch but they have De Bruyne cracking shots in from 30 yards or Fati running like he's speeded up and you lose. Might go back to seasons after this wl. The inherent imbalance in fut is a load of me hoop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I am...

One win with 11 silver players off a rare mega pack.
    One cross off a Gold player premium pack
    One assist off a rare player pack.

So, basically, I am one squad battle match off a massive heap of disappointment...

I got a big pile of poo from mine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Loans should be for friendlies and squad battles only imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was 8-11 yesterday

Finished 14-13

Happy with that

• Advertisement

I love it when I see my opponent move the keeper

OE8PIqp.gif
    RnZx91F.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

dmigsy wrote: »
    7-7 now. Remembering why I never really got into fut. Coming up against lads who you play off the pitch but they have De Bruyne cracking shots in from 30 yards or Fati running like he's speeded up and you lose. Might go back to seasons after this wl. The inherent imbalance in fut is a load of me hoop.

Yeah it's frustrating. Was beaten by an average enough player last night. He had Salah, Mane, De Bruyne, Hazard and a few others. Had the cheek to message me then after. Told hín to use his Daddy's credit card to buy some humility rather than fifa points

• Registered Users Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RedRochey wrote: »
    No way, that's where I'm from :D sure what more do you need other than a petrol station and a supermacs :D

Lol I’m only up the road in Charleville.
    Christ how many Fifa players can there be in ballyhea?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Finished my WL matches now 18 wins 12 Loses, so Gold 2. Happy enough but a little disappointing needing to get only 2 wins from my last 3 games only to lose all 3.

Think that is the final straw for Jordi Alba in my team, I have seen him get roasted by Traore one too many times. Even telling him to stay back doesn't help.

I’m finding the game boring this evening and nothing to do in it. I’ve all my SB matches played, all the rivals games are done. I don’t want to play the last few WL matches tonight. At least last year I could get points for playing rivals, now I won’t ever finish in rank 1.

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I’m finding the game boring this evening and nothing to do in it. I’ve all my SB matches played, all the rivals games are done. I don’t want to play the last few WL matches tonight. At least last year I could get points for playing rivals, now I won’t ever finish in rank 1.

Promo Week 2 syndrome of them not releasing a second objective card.

I'm not sure I've seen a chip shot go wide yet, you can take one with a 22 shooting CB from an impossible angle and it's still going on target.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

UCL starting up again this week - should hopefully see UCL MM too. My money’s on Liverpool v Ajax as they didn’t feature the Merseyside derby in the regular MM.

Other big games I might have a look at:
    Bayern v Atletico
    Utd v PSG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

seriously why are we allowed to match people in italy(or anywhere from that far away) ? its hilarious ive witnessed a few guys now lose because the connection was terrible v guys who are in italy then i get matched with one in rivals its ridiculous

9 and 1 on first break of weekend league, game i lost 3 of his goals were directly from defenders tackles that went straight to his attackers to just basically tap it in lol. some games have been like playing on ice at times have played alright but can be better.

edit: 9 and 2 i dont even remember losing another game wtf lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

This is another reason why they've made such a mistake with the WL/Rivals ranking system.

If someone plays WL, the game is effectively dead from Monday-Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

UCL starting up again this week - should hopefully see UCL MM too. My money’s on Liverpool v Ajax as they didn’t feature the Merseyside derby in the regular MM.

Other big games I might have a look at:
    Bayern v Atletico
    Utd v PSG

What's the best way to prepare for this in general? Stock up on rare golds?

i think, its you wanna basically get as many players from the teams you think its gonna be on bid not 100% sure but i think thats it.

13-2 at half way point still in the hunt for 27 wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

chips1234 wrote: »
    i think, its you wanna basically get as many players from the teams you think its gonna be on bid not 100% sure but i think thats it.

13-2 at half way point still in the hunt for 27 wins.

Are you streaming mate?

BrentMused wrote: »
    Are you streaming mate?

no no, not yet anyways i've recorded all the games though so far bar forgetting to record the first 2 :D i cant stream atm cos im not at home(i live in zagreb) cos of covid, but plan was try and build a little following first anyways through youtube then do some streaming and see how things go.

I'll most likely throw up the first video on thursday and it'll be just rewards, but recording games in case i wanna put up a highlights video, as i want the channel to show progress of each weekend hopefully improving on the win count.

rewards are most popular videos anyways, and i might squeak into rank 1 in div 1 this week if enough have play champs instead of rivals, doubtful though and i'll be rank 2 again. So much to improve on but feel like im getting alot better the more i play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I got a big pile of poo from mine!!!

Gabriel Jesus and a Russian IF the best of the lot. :/
    BrentMused wrote: »
    This is another reason why they've made such a mistake with the WL/Rivals ranking system.

If someone plays WL, the game is effectively dead from Monday-Thursday.

I don't think I've ever reached the point of "why am I playing this?" so quick in a games cycle. Usually I'm obsessed for the first few weeks, and I'm already at the point where I'll be taking Monday-Thursday off. Doesn't speak well for it long term...

Won my last two games this morning to just scrape G3 :pac:

Screenshot-2020-10-19-at-10-52-28.png

Won my last two games this morning to just scrape G3 :pac:

Screenshot-2020-10-19-at-10-52-28.png

You scored 90 goals :eek:

You scored 90 goals :eek:

Yeah but conceded 99 :D

Most of the games were high scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yep, rare golds the go-to as UCL MMs tend to be better rewards, so higher requirements.

I'm happy with tougher defending but I lose a little bit of my soul every time I make a well-timed tackle and the ball just bounces back to my opponent

9uQVUCC.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Had to get rid of Silva, far too slow and bring on Gomez who’s miles better.
    Made a huge difference to my defence.
    Brought in Bale for Pepe to try out.
    I bought 3 cheap icons who in fairness are doing the business.
    I could get ASM for LM, and otw Partley or Allan and Van Basten.

19949364-6563-4611-8198-05-DD70-B32-F79.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Blazer wrote: »
    Had to get rid of Silva, far too slow and bring on Gomez who’s miles better.
    Made a huge difference to my defence.
    Brought in Bale for Pepe to try out.
    I bought 3 cheap icons who in fairness are doing the business.
    I could get ASM for LM, and otw Partley or Allan and Van Basten.

I did the exact same thing. Gomez in for Silva. Also Rudiger in for Laporte. Sold Scholes and did the Fati POTM. Big difference with the extra pace in the team. 12-8 now.

image.png

5 games to go, need 3 wins for Gold 1, taking a break now though after losing my last game to this:

Second time my opponent tried that free kick trick so I knew what was coming, moved Gerrard to intercept Aubameyang and instead he decided to join the wall and let Aubameyang run right past him

N7dl9Mg.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

dmigsy wrote: »
    I did the exact same thing. Gomez in for Silva. Also Rudiger in for Laporte. Sold Scholes and did the Fati POTM. Big difference with the extra pace in the team. 12-8 now.

image.png

I am almost certain I played you last night.

That or it was someone with an identical squad.

Did you come up against this squad by any chance?

Mbappe
    SBC Fati - IF Yedder - Neymar
    Valverde - Casimero
    Alba - Varane - Diego Carlos - Mendy
    Ter Stegen

Advertisement