Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm not sure I've seen a chip shot go wide yet, you can take one with a 22 shooting CB from an impossible angle and it's still going on target.

Literally just conceded one to Varane :D

mXutOyH.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Parawind wrote: »
    I am almost certain I played you last night.

That or it was someone with an identical squad.

Did you come up against this squad by any chance?

Mbappe
    SBC Fati - IF Yedder - Neymar
    Valverde - Casimero
    Alba - Varane - Diego Carlos - Mendy
    Ter Stegen

No idea. It's all a blur!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Finished 19-11 in the weekend league tonight. Packed Sadio Mané, Joe Gomez, Alisson, Chiellini, Bonnuci and Fernandinho all tradeable over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

dmigsy wrote: »
    No idea. It's all a blur!

Haha I get that, all the games really blur together. I was mentally exhausted by the end of my WL games.

Finished Gold 2 with 18 wins. Happy enough with that as my first ever bash at WL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Finished with 17 wins with 2 games left. Didn't play last year but 18 -22 wins was always my kinda ball park in 19 so not much has changed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

On a good run in Rivals tonight - 3 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat in division 3.

I was watching NealGuides streaming earlier and I’ve changed my camera settings to match what he does and it’s making the world of difference to me especially as I like to go wide.

I previously used Tele Broadcast but I was getting sick of being unable to see a third of the pitch.

These settings are great as you can see your wingers/LAM/RAM on the bottom half of the pitch without needing to check the radar.

Takes a bit of getting used to but you get so much more information on screen using this camera setting IMO.

Camera = Co-Op
    Height = 20
    Zoom = 0

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Finished on 17-13 after being 2-8 on Saturday I’m delighted with it.

Haaland was a beast for me, buried everything in the box. VVD is on another level when it comes to defenders, he’s unreal.

CFEC3-A02-4913-4-BCC-8403-633-FC64-A944-A.jpg

In game lineup after subbing on Zaha for Guerreiro.
    EBF268-B8-3702-4-CD4-BA6-E-55-FBC7-B856-C0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is anyone else constantly getting straight red cards for standing tackles? This is like the fifth time it's happened me in the first few minutes of a game. Just a random foul when players bump into each other and out comes a straight red......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

v3ttel wrote: »
    Is anyone else constantly getting straight red cards for standing tackles? This is like the fifth time it's happened me in the first few minutes of a game. Just a random foul when players bump into each other and out comes a straight red......

No but I'm getting a yellow card for nearly every foul, have gotten a player get 2 yellows for the 3rd game in a row now :confused:

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »

Still haven't had a single red. Lots of yellows for slide tackles that really should have been red.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

It’s nearly impossible to get a red card (unless for two yellows) they’re dishing out yellows for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Can lag only affect you and not your opponent? Lost 5 or 6 games this evening cause of lag that only seems to affect me, my opponent can string a few passes together easily whereas I end up running straight for 5 seconds

Clinched it with 1 game to spare, after barely seeing a save all weekend my last game has his keeper making 10 :pac:

zCOl7Kd.jpg

5hn1MS5.jpg

Also that's all 30 games played, with at least 20 of them being wins, and I'm only at Rank 3 in Rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

15-2 just getting back into games now, i think the sweat is well and truly on for 27 wins if i can keep this level of play up, just please dont be 26 is all i ask, mbappe has been signed on loan for the last 13 games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Had a head of drink watching the Leeds game and decided to have a few goes of WL before bed. Stopped at 11 earlier, but got 6 wins straight there to get gold 2, 5 of em going to penalties.

I've had so much beer in me, it was making me queasy when the players were running so i was just jogging and passing where I could. I do pity anyone I played, they weren't my finest wins.

Just played to 50 Rivals wins for the 100k pack and that's me sorted for life in the fullback department :D

zQZNknO.jpg
    uGL0wqx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

finished gold 1 from 16-2 to finish 20-8, i literally couldnt turn my players wouldnt move just insane, i played sh!t tbf aswel, having no time to stop playing really didnt help ah well get em next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Screenshot-20201020-080209-Companion.jpg
    Move to 4212 in game

I finished gold 1 after i scraped it i was 5-3 down with 10 mins to go in my last game and the other guy started messing with his keeper and defenders. He made a cok up and i got a goal back. Then i brought on hamzimi or whatever his name is put him on midfield and with his 94 pace he managed to knick the ball and gave it to salah... The rest was just a formality.

I won 7-5 in extra time to get my 14th win. I bought salah after feed of beer and over paid but he ended up been a huge addition so no regrets he is a beast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,593 ✭✭✭✭klose

What's going on with through balls? I can max out the meter but the pass is always weak as piss?

klose wrote: »
    What's going on with through balls? I can max out the meter but the pass is always weak as piss?

Happens to me sometimes but I’ve found it’s down to what way your player is facing and/or how close the nearest player is to you.

For example if you have a player close to you but you want to power through a through ball to the striker, sometimes the game will register you as wanting to pass the ball to the player close to you instead.

At least I think that’s what it is anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone getting a weird issue where they go up for a header in the box and give away a penalty? Happened to me twice last night

My first fifa in a couple of years and took a while to get the hang of it again, went from 1000 rating to 1280 last night in a good run of form. Had been hoarding coins but finally bit the bullet and invested a bit and its made a fair difference, Havertz is unreal.

Any CB recommendations for prem? Was using Alderweield and Thiago Silva, but brought in Zouma for Silva after a red card and he was actually better..

AdamD wrote: »
    Anyone getting a weird issue where they go up for a header in the box and give away a penalty? Happened to me twice last night

My first fifa in a couple of years and took a while to get the hang of it again, went from 1000 rating to 1280 last night in a good run of form. Had been hoarding coins but finally bit the bullet and invested a bit and its made a fair difference, Havertz is unreal.

Any CB recommendations for prem? Was using Alderweield and Thiago Silva, but brought in Zouma for Silva after a red card and he was actually better..

Don't know how many coins you have but I'll assume Van Dijk is out of budget.

If you could stretch to 100k Joe Gomez is probably a top 5 CB in the game right now.

Davison Sanchez is a level below Gomez but very good too and only costs around 30k.

Ake, Zouma, Rudiger and Tomori are all very usable low budget options.

Silva and Alderweireld are just too slow even with shadows IMO.

I think you'd find a huge difference going with Sanchez/Rudiger over your current pairing and if on a budget you could get both for about 35k.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just packed Van Dijk from the Level 17 Rare Gold Pack! :D

Just packed Van Dijk from the Level 17 Rare Gold Pack! :D

Unreal, congrats! :)

I'm saving up everything I have for him and see he dropped about 120k in the last few days with the market crash. Hopefully I'll get him before he rises back up again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

BrentMused wrote: »
    Unreal, congrats! :)

I'm saving up everything I have for him and see he dropped about 120k in the last few days with the market crash. Hopefully I'll get him before he rises back up again. :pac:

Cheers.

I’m finding defending hard this Fifa so far so Van Dijk is going to be a big help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

BrentMused wrote: »
    Here’s a good custom tactics video from NealGuides on the 4-2-3-1 formation:

https://twitter.com/nealguides/status/1317408320517439488?s=21

Interestingly he likes the conservative interceptions option to stop players going walkabout which I know is something a lot of people have had problems with.

I’ll give it a go with Rivals during the week as I found his 4-2-3-1 last year to be very effective.

Gave this a go over the past two days, and has definitely improved my game. It's not as attacking as I usually play, and has helped me to stop leaking goals without having to change to a defensive formation. Was able to control most games in midfield and just wait for the right pass.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hmm. If I sell Suarez, I could afford Messi and to do the Fati SBC too. That's tempting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hmm. If I sell Suarez, I could afford Messi and to do the Fati SBC too. That's tempting....

It’s a no brainer.
    I’ve played Messi once on this version and he ripped my defence apart.

Advertisement