Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

I would honestly prefer if you could have an option as to what courier/delivery service you want. An Post have rarely failed me as it goes to the depot or sometimes to my local PO. Same with DPD, always efficient.

Yes please!! I would never select delivery by Amazon if I could avoid it.

Btw I had a similar experience with an item being left with a neighbour on Thursday and got a refund that night. It was only a wireless mouse so not a lot of money, that might have been why I got the refund so quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

This is my 2nd time getting a delivery on a Sunday a day or 2 ahead of schedule which is impressive. I wonder will they keep this up or is this only because it’s a new service?!

This is my 2nd time getting a delivery on a Sunday a day or 2 ahead of schedule which is impressive. I wonder will they keep this up or is this only because it’s a new service?!

Same thing often happens with An Post, delivery on a Sunday. It's very rare with any Amazon order that a package isn't delivered early in my experience. My DPD order was early, An Post early and Amazon early. All of them deliver weekends too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Read another thread on this. It does sound pretty interesting that Amazon is starting to use their own courier. Might be easier to deal with if something goes wrong.

My order is actually out for delivery today which is 3 days earlier than expected. I read that you get a notification if the driver is under certain number of stops away from you. Will see how well that works.

In the UK you get a link that takes you to a delivery map that shows you where the driver is and how many more drops till he reaches you.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

In the UK you get a link that takes you to a delivery map that shows you where the driver is and how many more drops till he reaches you.

You get that here too now. Thing is 8 stops in my experience has been 30 minutes to almost 2 hours but someone posted in here that it took over 5 hours. In both our cases 8 stops away has been very very close to our locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,587 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

My first Sunday delivery, so colour me impressed

What happens post no-deal-Brexit? Will Amazon UK orders be delivered sans customs via the logistics center?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Dublin 15 here. My last 3 prime deliveries were driving taxis!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boars

Today and yesterday I received deliveries directly from amazon drivers. Kinda cool seeing your package on the map. Mine is also stuck on "8 stops away." I wonder is that message just triggered by the van getting into close radius to your address?

I wonder will Amazon be able to fulfil one-day deliveries in Ireland soon- or at least within the Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,587 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

boars wrote: »
    Today and yesterday I received deliveries directly from amazon drivers. Kinda cool seeing your package on the map. Mine is also stuck on "8 stops away." I wonder is that message just triggered by the van getting into close radius to your address?

I wonder will Amazon be able to fulfil one-day deliveries in Ireland soon- or at least within the Dublin area?

Mine all appeared as 8 stops away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

mrcheez wrote: »
    My first Sunday delivery, so colour me impressed

What happens post no-deal-Brexit? Will Amazon UK orders be delivered sans customs via the logistics center?

Yep, Amazon can import and sell to you as local. Issue is if there's additional levies applied to EU entry then the Irish "store" would see a price hike (more than the VAT difference we already see).

Ordered two things last night, due next Thursday. Delivering tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I missed 1 delivery at it came at 7.50 pm at place of work and long gone home,its very hard to give a postal address to where someone may be.
    I rang Amazon at 8pm to see if it could be delivered again and found out it was delivered at 4.40 pm next door as was closed and picked it up today.Fair play to all involved as online buying and selling is going down very well and very happy.

You can pick a number of options in the app if you're not going to be in. ie : Leave in enclosed porch, With a neighbour. etc.

You can pick a number of options in the app if you're not going to be in. ie : Leave in enclosed porch, With a neighbour. etc.

Which, in my experience, they'll ignore.

Caranica wrote: »

I've used the neighbour option twice now and both times that's where my parcel was left.

Caranica wrote: »

Report this to customer support, as a new service I suspect theyll be all over customer feedback.

ED E wrote: »
    Report this to customer support, as a new service I suspect theyll be all over customer feedback.

Oh trust me I have!! Now have a ring doorbell though so can speak to them if I'm not in.

Tracking a parcel and getting a could be late message as it went to Nenagh instead of Dublin so will have to wait for An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭wandererz

Ordered an item on Saturday. Was delivered today, bank holiday Monday by 3pm.

Only issue is getting a message in the morning advising of delivery by 9pm. It could be any time in between.

DPD would give you a slot and An Post delivers around 3pm every day. So at least I can plan around those.

• Advertisement

wandererz wrote: »
    Ordered an item on Saturday. Was delivered today, bank holiday Monday by 3pm.

Only issue is getting a message in the morning advising of delivery by 9pm. It could be any time in between.

DPD would give you a slot and An Post delivers around 3pm every day. So at least I can plan around those.

That's my big issue with them. I've something allegedly arriving today but still not checked in in Dublin not to mind out for delivery. Even when it's 8 stops away that could be 30 minutes or hours away

Today was the second time in just over a week that I've had a delivered by Amazon package not show up. Getting very fed up with this as only being given a 12 hour time slot means so much wasted time.

The first one never made it at all, this one has now changed to delivery by the 29th. Who knows if it will actually turn up or not!

Are people checking on Amazon what the tracker shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Polar101

Now they woke me up on Sunday morning to deliver a power adapter. I bought a Kindle and an adapter - Kindle is coming later with An Post, but Amazon Logistics wanted to deliver the adapter I guess. This time I got an email an hour before the guy arrived. I wish they'd just give a time slot, I haven't found the "8 stops away" very useful at all - the map doesn't really give any indication on when the driver will arrive. At least not in suburban Dublin.

Still it's better than An Post's "We tried to deliver your post. Reason: There was no answer at the address." which actually means "we couldn't be arsed to deliver to your door, come pick it up here at the depot in a few days.. if we remember to send you the docket".

Some people are never happy.

Polar101 wrote: »
    Still it's better than An Post's "We tried to deliver your post. Reason: There was no answer at the address." which actually means "we couldn't be arsed to deliver to your door, come pick it up here at the depot in a few days.. if we remember to send you the docket".

Agreed.

First AL delivery today.

Order:
    Sun, 25 Oct, 16:40
    Dispatch:
    Tue, 27 Oct, 04:30
    Delivered:
    Wed, 2:21 PM
    Dublin, IE

€4 item. Shipping included in prime. Rugeley (Birmingham) to DIS1(Dublin) to me. Not sure how anyone can complain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I seldom ever bought from Amazon, but recently went on a spree and got lots of bits I had my eye on for sometime. A handful of orders has resulted in quite a number of distinct shipments:

Shipment 1 - delivered by promised date, by An Post
    Shipment 2 - delivered before promised date, by DPD (on a Saturday); DPD driver didn't realise he had a second parcel for me so that came on the Tuesday (after Bank Holiday).
    Shipments 3, 4, 5 - delivered by promised date by An Post & DPD.
    Shipment 6 - currently in the UK and promised for Monday (ordered on Friday, 23 October) - potentially get here ahead of schedule.
    Shipment 7 - currently in Dublin, due to be delivered by UPS and looks like it could be ahead of schedule.

Now the problem ones:
    Shipment 8 - last scanned by An Post in Dublin on Friday (ordered on 21 October - was due by yesterday). No movement since. Seems odd.
    Shipment 9 - still not dispatched, ordered Friday, 23 October

I found An Post even tho it had tracking and said out for delivery it was still unknown when it was coming by bike if small or delivery van if large.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Was expecting my first delivery from the Amazon delivery service.

The driver couldn’t locate my address, despite having the full address including Eircode and my number.

Not a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Got my first 2 deliveries by Amazon Logistics yesterday and today. I live near Blanchardstown but their mapping software tells the drivers I’m in Carrickmines, even though my Eircode was included. Both times the drivers called and said they were outside my house but were actually on the other side of Dublin. They’ve assured me it’s fixed now but the driver today told me their mapping software was “sh**e”.

Advertisement