Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Diamond League

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Live link for Hengelo, begins in 15 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGuKwPWTXgk&ab_channel=FBKGames

Read that Hassan is apparently going for Paula Radcliffe's European record, hope it's true. Would be very cool to see a rare sub-30 10k!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Hassan seemingly going for Ayana's world record :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

Victory for the wavelight today. 3-0.
    A tall order for Hasan to time trial the last 15 laps. Wet conditions not ideal though it looked calm.

Pacing looked to be a bit off for the 1k WR attempt.

29:36 for Hassan, 4th fastest of all time, smashes Paula's European Record and just the 8th woman in history under 30 minutes.

Think she can take down the world record in better conditions and with a proper season behind her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

smashes Paula's European Record and just the 8th woman in history under 30 minutes..

She’s about as European as I am fast, she spends fcuk all time in The Netherlands and I have that first hand. Ridiculous she’s even considered European.

• Advertisement

OOnegative wrote: »
    She’s about as European as I am fast, she spends fcuk all time in The Netherlands and I have that first hand. Ridiculous she’s even considered European.

I know she's spent much of this year in Ethiopia, understandable when the world was going into lockdown and I'm guessing most of her family still live there. But aside from that I thought she's pretty much made her life in The Netherlands? Maybe I'm wrong, correct me if so. I don't view this in the same light I do Turkey/Qatar paying people who don't even know the national flag to represent them.

I know she's spent much of this year in Ethiopia, understandable when the world was going into lockdown and I'm guessing most of her family still live there. But aside from that I thought she's pretty much made her life in The Netherlands? Maybe I'm wrong, correct me if so. I don't view this in the same light I do Turkey/Qatar paying people who don't even know the national flag to represent them.

She has a Duch passport, that’s the only thing making her European. She’s spends the minimum period required in The Netherlands to retain such passport. Fcukin jokeshop!!

She has a Duch passport, that’s the only thing making her European. She’s spends the minimum period required in The Netherlands to retain such passport. Fcukin jokeshop!!

Didn't she move there aged 15?

Didn't she move there aged 15?

And? She’s lucky if she spends 2/3 weeks a year here.

And? She’s lucky if she spends 2/3 weeks a year here.

Have you a source for any of this information? Doesn't really matter anyway, she's a Dutch citizen whether you like it or not and has the European record ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Advertisement

Have you a source for any of this information? Doesn't really matter anyway, she's a Dutch citizen whether you like it or not and has the European record ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes I do from what I work at, something I’m unwilling to share with you. Yes she’s a Dutch citizen something I never denied, as I TRIED to explain to you, she’s lucky if she spends 2/3 weeks of the year in The Netherlands. She’s not European end of regardless what records say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Itziger

I think to a lot of athletics fans it certainly does matter. Not just this case, but all those types of cases, from the flagrant Turkish bull$hit to anyone who's playing the system

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SuspectZero

Itziger wrote: »
    I think to a lot of athletics fans it certainly does matter. Not just this case, but all those types of cases, from the flagrant Turkish bull$hit to anyone who's playing the system

She wasnt gaming the system, she moved there as a 15 year old refugee in 2008 and didnt even start running competitively until she was 18, she lived there full time for 8 years on the Dutch training base in the Netherlands until 2016 when she moved to Oregon to train with NOP. Those are the facts, what anyone does with them is up to them.

, she lived there full time for 8 years on the Dutch training base in the Netherlands until 2016 when she moved to Oregon to train with NOP. Those are the facts, what anyone does with them is up to them.

No she didn’t, I’ll bow to you on certain subjects but you’re wrong here. They are not the facts and far from it.

Sometimes people have access to stuff you don’t.....

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SuspectZero

No she didn’t, I’ll bow to you on certain subjects but you’re wrong here. They are not the facts and far from it.

Sometimes people have access to stuff you don’t.....

What are the facts then? I feel like I'm after walking into an Agatha christie novel:pac:

What are the facts then? I feel like I'm after walking into an Agatha christie novel:pac:

He can't tell you! He has a super secret job dontcha know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Disgraceful comment. She emigrated as a refugee to the Netherlands when she was 15, and came through the Dutch athletics system. She's a Dutch citizen.

Just because she's not based in the Netherlands now doesn't make her any less Dutch. Sonia O'Sullivan was based in USA, Teddington and Melbourne throughout her career. Coghlan was based in USA. Ditto Marcus O'Sullivan, Frank O'Mara, Ray Flynn. Does that make them less Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭4Ad

Live half mararthons on Youtube, ladies race nearly over though.

Ooh couple of nasty falls there. A German on the medal podium.

Cheptegei vs Kiplimo up next. Any chance of Cheptegei dropping another world record here? He's actually the men's 15k world record holder also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Itziger

Ooh couple of nasty falls there. A German on the medal podium.

Cheptegei vs Kiplimo up next. Any chance of Cheptegei dropping another world record here? He's actually the men's 15k world record holder also.

Not now, there's not!!

• Advertisement

Kiplimo looks good at the moment.

So Salwa Eid Naser has escaped a ban and will be allowed to compete effective immediately. Missed four tests but will get away with it as one was backdated. Good article explaining what happened on Let's Run here.

Shaune Miller-Uibo's reaction
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CGmmCOvJma3/

So Salwa Eid Naser has escaped a ban and will be allowed to compete effective immediately. Missed four tests but will get away with it as one was backdated. Good article explaining what happened on Let's Run here.

Shaune Miller-Uibo's reaction
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CGmmCOvJma3/

Phil Hogan and Seamus Woulfe would be proud of that list of events !
    Hmm...

Christian Coleman banned for 2 years! Runs until May 2022 so will miss the Olympics as things stand, though wouldn't be surprised to see him get a reduction on appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Coleman hard done by..

These testers doing anything and everything to catch athletes out..framing them.

No common sense...

Coleman is clean..

walshb wrote: »
    Coleman hard done by..

These testers dong anything and everything to catch athletes out..framing them.

No common sense...

Coleman is clean..

Heaven help us all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Heaven help us all :rolleyes:

I think he was taking the piss... I hope.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    I think he was taking the piss... I hope.

I wasn't sure, but feeling kinda cranky tonight so chose to believe he wasn't :p He's posted some pretty wild defences of highly suspect athletes before so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Read between the lines for chrissske.

Common sense is pretty non-existent in today’s world..

Coleman is a clean athlete. If the authorities want to pin these offences on athletes they will..

The guy has been tested and tested and always clean..

Some you lot must get eff all pleasure from this great sport with the constant PEDs withchunting.

• Advertisement

The guy has been tested and tested and always clean..

Has he? How do you know?? He keeps missing them :pac:
    Common sense is pretty non-existent in today’s world..

Indeed..

Advertisement