Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

montydream wrote: »
    This annoys me to no end. They have been doing this for years now. I wonder what the vat man thinks about all this? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, barstewards, I bet they catch out many users, where the the order contains a number of items, coupled with their confusing deductions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I had just edited it before you posted, what's the odd photo ? :)

I saw nothing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Speaking of Amazon going solo with deliveries. I got an Amazon delivery this morning, it was left on the doorstep. I don't think An Post do that, so it looks like it was Amazon have already started direct delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Aranoahi

Any recommendations for a universal laptop charger?

I am looking for a USB type-C hub charger that would be compatiable with most or all the big laptop brands.

https://cutt.ly/EgsBFwk

• Registered Users Posts: 23,421 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just a note, to business users i.e people who are VAT registered.
    On prime day or indeed any lightning deal, Amazon CHEAT their business customers. They will show the VAT exclusive price, but charge the VAT inclusive price, so effectively if the item is reduced in price on prime day, then you pay MORE than a normal day.
    I posted this before, but I still don't know how they can get away with this.

I'll just pick a random item.

https://ibb.co/48gxRqP

You will see the VAT exclusive price is £127 .49. Any other day of the year, that £127.49 is the TOTAL price a VAT registered business customer would pay. On prime Day, the same customer will pay the full £152.99.

So if an item is reduced in an Amazon sale by say 15%, they actually charge business customers, MORE than before they reduced it. ??????????

If they issue a VAT receipt you'll be able to claim it back, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

py2006 wrote: »
    Speaking of Amazon going solo with deliveries. I got an Amazon delivery this morning, it was left on the doorstep. I don't think An Post do that, so it looks like it was Amazon have already started direct delivery?

My first Amazon delivery was last Saturday and I've had another since. Of my prime day stuff that's been dispatched one package is with DPD and the other is Amazon delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭kenyard

The Ireland warehouse is running over a week now I believe.
    I have heard lots of stuff going missing and wrong. They're having teething issues as they called them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

montydream wrote: »
    This annoys me to no end. They have been doing this for years now. I wonder what the vat man thinks about all this? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But do the business customers not reclaim the VAT when they do their VAT returns?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

But do the business customers not reclaim the VAT when they do their VAT returns?

Yes you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

there's a bunch of new deliveries from Amazon done by folks that keep looking at their phones to get to the address ( they never done deliveries before ) in 202 big white vans.
    But this folks can be tracked in almost real time on Amazon tracking page, and you'll know when they're in your area, how many stops before you, etc ( they have the default high-vis vest and a name tag around their neck - clearly at the beginning of deliveries business ; self employed most likely )
    warehouse could be greenogue business park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Lmao_Man wrote: »
    Of course there’s a limit of 1 per person.

"of course"... previous poster said he got it twice Watson

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

If you register your VAT number with amazon they deduct the VAT amount at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

derekbro wrote: »
    If you register your VAT number with amazon they deduct the VAT amount at checkout.

Correct, that's the ways it's done, but they pull the sneaky stunt on sales days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

derekbro wrote: »

This is correct any items I purchase on a business account I'm charged exVAT so no claim on my VAT Return with Revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Anker Wireless Charger 10W Max
    Prime deal at £9.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07THHQMHM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

go4it wrote: »
    there's a bunch of new deliveries from Amazon done by folks that keep looking at their phones to get to the address ( they never done deliveries before ) in 202 big white vans.
    But this folks can be tracked in almost real time on Amazon tracking page, and you'll know when they're in your area, how many stops before you, etc ( they have the default high-vis vest and a name tag around their neck - clearly at the beginning of deliveries business ; self employed most likely )
    warehouse could be greenogue business park

Can this only be done on the Website? I am given general notifications of location on the app.

In fairness I've found Amazon to be the best company on delivery . By that I mean their notifications are usually bang on. Although my last order actually arrived early. This could be a problem if a person was out at that time because they were not expecting it.

I can't understand though why they use Fastway from time to time.

Fastway drivers are fine but the system and lack of communication is the worst I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭delboy76

Just a note, to business users i.e people who are VAT registered.
    On prime day or indeed any lightning deal, Amazon CHEAT their business customers. They will show the VAT exclusive price, but charge the VAT inclusive price, so effectively if the item is reduced in price on prime day, then you pay MORE than a normal day.
    I posted this before, but I still don't know how they can get away with this.

So if an item is reduced in an Amazon sale by say 15%, they actually charge business customers, MORE than before they reduced it. ??????????

Spotted that myself. Such a pain and even one laptop was vat reduced but others were not.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Looking at the kids fire, but not delivering to us here. I wonder would it be worth waiting for black friday and hope with the new warehouse they might deliver to us by then

Colking wrote:
    Its very good but for £4 more I'd go with :

£4??? Have I missed another misprice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭54and56

gaelar29 wrote: »
    Am sitting here as a postie, who has his first time off this week since February and first I have heard of re us losing Amazon, hopefully this is only for the big cities but hope am wrong on that too.... Word is An Post have lost Smyths Toys too, so this would be complete kick in the you know where.. Amazon would be 80% of our parcels and we do make sure the recipient is informed re where there parcel is.... The couriers are probably under costing An Post but as said in above message, I have seen parcels sopping at front doors, throw them anywhere as long as delivered(we would get written warning for doing that) .. But best was only last week where I landed at house and a dog was chowing on a leather skirt left in package at door by a courier.... Saying that, all couriers are not like that, some seem to change their drivers that often that their under pressure throw the parcels anywhere to speeden things up..
    And God help the lads working this weekend, bound to be double the amazon parcels on Saturday for delivery..

Have to say I love my Postie, 90% of the time the same guy and he knows who I am and how I operate. I always tell him if there's no reply to just leave whatever he has on a protected ledge a couple of metres from my front door and there won't ever be any blow back from me if something goes astray or gets damaged etc. I trust him and in turn he trusts me so even when I'm not in parcels are recorded as delivered despite no signature. This prevents me from having to go to the (not so) local depot the following day to collect and prevents him having to return it back for more processing. Win win.

I agree with the point ref couriers. I used to have a similar relationship with a DPD driver for my PM deliveries but since Covid deliveries are being made by all sorts. Most of time they are grand as we are working from home but I don't know them and wouldn't trust them as I would my Postie.

Amazon taking delivery in house might result in delivery by the same person most of the time which would be good and it may even facilitate returns if you could hand stuff back to them when they next deliver something but I would regret that An Post are no longer in the equation as I'd say more than 50% of all deliveries to our house, including letters etc, are from Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭Treppen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭Nollog

snoopy84 wrote: »
    £4??? Have I missed another misprice?

4 pound more

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X68XWFZ
    Lowest it's even been according to camelcamel

OmegaGene wrote:
    Ordered one myself to parcel wizard

How much is parcel wizard? Use the an post one myself but €6 delivery after paying for prime. Despite my earlier praise of an post, address pal I find abysmal and iv been stung by them a good few rimes

/\/ollog wrote:
    4 pound more

Ha ha
    Got a bit carried away there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

snoopy84 wrote: »
    How much is parcel wizard? Use the an post one myself but €6 delivery after paying for prime. Despite my earlier praise of an post, address pal I find abysmal and iv been stung by them a good few rimes

€3.85 and they deliver to your door.

Quick Google there. Dpd
    I can assure they will not deliver to my door, none of the couriers do. Cheaper than address pal anyway I'll give them a go
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Was going to switch from PM based on your recommendation but took a look at Trustpilot reviews...less than 2 stars and getting lashed out of it in comments. Seems they were very good but since Covid have deteriorated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Debub

Colking wrote: »

I have this as well - very good sound, very happy with it.

https://tinyurl.com/yy4a5zr7

The UE wonderboom 2 has a tad better sound, but is more expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

After hours of YouTube reviews that kept me up till 5am, and jumping back and forth between different models that kept going out of stock as I dilly dallied :)
    I finally got my new TV.

I went with the Hisense 55inch ULED. 1 showed back in stock a few mins ago for the £549.

Also bought the
    Bose soundbar down to £125.
    FireTV 4k
    Optical cable.
    Walkie talkies (for the kids)..... And me :)
    And some solar lights for the garden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement