Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When a once good thread goes to absolute sh ite.

I hate that. It's a really interesting thread and then you go back and two feckin ninnies have got into verbal gymnastics and it's all "I specifically said blah" and was responding to "blah blah", multiquotes everywhere and accusations of being "disingenuous", strawmen, rhetorics etc being thrown around. They should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That Littlewoods ad on TV at moment. The music is horrific and wrecks my head when hear it.:pac:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-FpylGtf4NA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Lazy coworkers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

deise08 wrote: »
    Lazy coworkers!!

Worked in a warehouse in the UK years ago. Everyone had a great work ethic except for one bollix.

We were distributing Dell computers. Most stacks of CPUs/screens would go as is, so just scan it and done. Some you had to take some off and maybe add one or two from another pallet. As soon as he came to one of these he would press cancel and move on to the next pallet. Blatantly in front of everyone.

He was seriously hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Antares35 wrote: »
    I hate that. It's a really interesting thread and then you go back and two feckin ninnies have got into verbal gymnastics and it's all "I specifically said blah" and was responding to "blah blah", multiquotes everywhere and accusations of being "disingenuous", strawmen, rhetorics etc being thrown around. They should be shot.
    Those type of posters seem to follow each other around different threads starting fights constantly like an ongoing feud or something. Usually politics is behind it.

You come into a thread you have been following and find 3 whole pages of them sniping back and forth at each other. Sometimes they even get the thread closed with their nonsense :mad:
    Get a life and an ego-reduction, you big fools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Antares35 wrote: »

Yeah but sometimes theres like a really going argument going (said excitingly) where there about to explode and then the mod shuts it down and its all over (said dejectedly). But your right there is a fair amount of my opinion is more valid than your opinion sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Nothing worse than your morning cuppa going cold while you’re running around like a blue arse fly getting everyone sorted :pac: I hope you all have a good day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had 2 cans of Guinness on Tuesday. I have eaten and brushed my teeth several tie since then .
    TA I woke up this morning with a ‘taste’ of beer in my mouth, like I’d been on the sauce last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

deise08 wrote: »
    Lazy coworkers!!

I see you and raise you lazy and entirely unaware they are lazy!!!

My last job had one c*** and the pattern was boss gives him work I’d be better at; he f***s it up or doesn’t do it; I get it dumped on me with days to go to a months long deadline.

While gob****e swans round like he’s the boss!! Doing nothing!!!!

Never been glad to leave a job in my life!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Kylta wrote: »
    Yeah but sometimes theres like a really going argument going (said excitingly) where there about to explode and then the mod shuts it down and its all over (said dejectedly). But your right there is a fair amount of my opinion is more valid than your opinion sh!t

No worse.... When it's an easy going thread you follow and contribute to, with regular posters..... You have a busy day so you're off line and you come back to the thread to see a mod note along the lines "I've deleted offending posts behave yourselves"

You're then left all curious as to what just happened, who was scrapping with who, or was it just a blow in ruffling feathers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I thought today was Friday,so looking forward to a few drinks.I have realised its Thursday and im in the height of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

Being asked to work nights when I thought I was going to be on days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Local coffee shop and their staff. I can forgive a lot of mistakes, but arriving home and realising that they have put sugar in my coffee is a step too far. Each to their own, but sugary coffee is undrinkable to me. Why would you do that without at least asking the customer if they want sugar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Colleague Skypes me "Hi".
    I reply "Hi"
    Nothing back from them for 45 minutes.
    They then ask a general work chit-chat question.
    I reply.
    They immediately set their status to "Do not disturb".

If you don't want to have a conversation, why start one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Colleague Skypes me "Hi".
    I reply "Hi"
    Nothing back from them for 45 minutes.
    They then ask a general work chit-chat question.
    I reply.
    They immediately set their status to "Do not disturb".

If you don't want to have a conversation, why start one?

Are they irish? "I'd a colleague that would do this, initiate a conversation and then get annoyed (as if you are wasting their time) when I replied.... I just smile and nod in work anyway, not paid enough for drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Are they irish? "I'd a colleague that would do this, initiate a conversation and then get annoyed (as if you are wasting their time) when I replied.... I just smile and nod in work anyway, not paid enough for drama.

No they're Irish, and I get on very well with them in person. I get that the're WFH and could have things going on around them (and proper work stuff happening), but in general they're just not very good on Skype - this would be very typical behaviour. I've learned long ago not to bother initiating a Skype conversation with them, because it will go nowhere - but they still start them with me, and they still go nowhere!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

TA - Covid test waiting times :(

Just tell me already dammit!!

Necro wrote: »
    TA - Covid test waiting times :(

Just tell me already dammit!!

Hope it goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When it takes you longer trying to fit something in to the dishwasher than it would have taken to wash it in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Hope you're ok Necro!

....my silly ta - the tickle in your throat that wakes you from a dead sleep, in the middle of the night... with the inevitable hour-long throat clearing and coughing that follows... and gag worthy, menthol throat lozenges.

• Advertisement

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Hope you're ok Necro!

....my silly ta - the tickle in your throat that wakes you from a dead sleep, in the middle of the night... with the inevitable hour-long throat clearing and coughing that follows... and gag worthy, menthol throat lozenges.

This!!!

Was in the middle of a seriously good (borderline filthy!) dream the other night and a cough woke me up - and I head butted the bed post!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I haven't got a nettle sting since probably when I was in the single digit age bracket...... until today.

A van and a large SUV speeding in both directions resulted in the dog and I jumping towards the ditch. Oh how I forgot how badly nettle stings burn and of course I rubbed it and made it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Dock leaves are the cure for them Shell'

TA the volume on YT videos fluctuates between different ones when you skip between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I really cannot take anymore of posters accusing others of "virtue signalling". It's up there with aforementioned "strawmen", "disingenuous" and "rhetoric". Although, I think it's worse and it's rife. Literally every thread, there's someone bleating on about virtue signalling, just f*ck off with your silly internet pretend grown up language :D

Not trivial but this penalty shootout is melting my head and harshing my beer buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

Antares35 wrote:
    I really cannot take anymore of posters accusing others of "virtue signalling". It's up there with aforementioned "strawmen", "disingenuous" and "rhetoric". Although, I think it's worse and it's rife. Literally every thread, there's someone bleating on about virtue signalling, just f*ck off with your silly internet pretend grown up language

They're journalists don't you know... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Antares35 wrote:
    I really cannot take anymore of posters accusing others of "virtue signalling". It's up there with aforementioned "strawmen", "disingenuous" and "rhetoric". Although, I think it's worse and it's rife. Literally every thread, there's someone bleating on about virtue signalling, just f*ck off with your silly internet pretend grown up language

Don't forget your "tin foil hat".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TA , and it’s a big one, is Michael Portillo.
    And how he seems to talk sense. Not good for a british Tory !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

That one itchy, tingly spot on your shoulder blades - always just out of reach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

cj maxx wrote:
    TA , and it’s a big one, is Michael Portillo. And how he seems to talk sense. Not good for a british Tory !

His dress sense TA's me. He has a programme about rail journeys on BBC. Good programme, but he wears the oddest pastel coloured clothes imaginable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement