Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COUNTDOWN: Top 50 Music Albums Of All-Time.

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

1. The queen is dead - The Smiths
    2. Revolver - The Beatles
    3. Doolittle - The Pixies
    4. Loveless - My Bloody Valentine
    5. In Rainbows - Radiohead
    6. Abbey Road - The Beatles
    7. Let it Bleed - The Rolling Stones
    8. Boxer - The National
    9. Ok Computer - Radiohead
    10. Funeral - Arcade Fire

think Boxer was the only one I didn't get in.....fair play to Rebretta - that's a mammoth task to undertake for everyone's enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

1. The queen is dead - The Smiths
    2. Revolver - The Beatles
    3. Doolittle - The Pixies
    4. Loveless - My Bloody Valentine
    5. In Rainbows - Radiohead
    6. Abbey Road - The Beatles
    7. Let it Bleed - The Rolling Stones
    8. Boxer - The National
    9. Ok Computer - Radiohead
    10. Funeral - Arcade Fire

think Boxer was the only one I didn't get in.....fair play to Rebretta - that's a mammoth task to undertake for everyone's enjoyment.
    I'm suprised, I would haave expected some Bob Dylan what with your username.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Good spot! Like a Rolling Stone is my favourite song of all time and Highway 61 and Blood on the Tracks would both be in my top 20 albums.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I limited myself to one Dylan album (Blood on the Tracks at #1) but if I was being honest I could easily have added 4 or 5 Dylan albums in my top 10. Time Out of Mind, Modern Times, Oh Mercy, Bringing it all Back Home, Highway 61, Blonde on Blonde are all excellent and close to my top 10 depending on how I'm feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

adrian522 wrote: »
    I limited myself to one Dylan album (Blood on the Tracks at #1) but if I was being honest I could easily have added 4 or 5 Dylan albums in my top 10. Time Out of Mind, Modern Times, Oh Mercy, Bringing it all Back Home, Highway 61, Blonde on Blonde are all excellent and close to my top 10 depending on how I'm feeling.
    When's your Walrus? :D Fed up with all the Dylan haters on here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Nirvana are still super-popular but how come you never ever hear them on the radio unless it's an for anniversary or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Nirvana are still super-popular but how come you never ever hear them on the radio unless it's an for anniversary or something.

Outside of Paul McLoone, John Kelly or Tom Dunne and their ilk do you hear anything approaching the quality discussed in this countdown?

Plus, the only music radio I manage to get in these days is when I switch over to Ronan Collins just before the RTÉ News at One.

Advertisement