Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are dole officers at all irish ports

Options
  • 05-10-2020 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Are all Irish ports being watched/supervised for dole offenders or was it a once off
    booked my spanish holiday in january to fly from london, but need to get to london 1st

any advice on travel to london unhindered is greatly welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,032 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Are all Irish ports being watched/supervised for dole offenders or was it a once off
    booked my spanish holiday in january to fly from london, but need to get to london 1st

any advice on travel to london unhindered is greatly welcomed

How strong is your swimming? You have a few months left to train and practice if you wouldn't be able to make it now.

I think the dole gives out free wetsuits as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SHOTSHAPERS

How strong is your swimming? You have a few months left to train and practice if you wouldn't be able to make it now.

I think the dole gives out free wetsuits as well[/quote

I'm assuming you were trying to be funny....jog on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

What exactly is a dole offender? You're not going to garner much sympathy if you're doing the double or whatever, especially if you're claiming and then planning on heading off for a sun holiday (during a pandemic, no less).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭saabsaab

'The Department of Social Protection has said checks carried out by its officials at airports and ports have a "firm legal basis" and are "vital" to combating fraud and protecting taxpayers' money.
    The department said it would address issues with the Data Protection Commissioner directly, after the watchdog earlier expressed doubts about the legality of certain checks.
    In a statement to RTÉ News, the department said it undertakes control checks at airports and ports.
    "These checks have a firm legal basis under Section 250 (16) of the Social Welfare Consolidation Act 2005, as amended."
    It said: "These checks are vital in order to combat social welfare fraud and protect taxpayers' money.'

I would take it frorn the above that they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Fly to London via Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Lol there's no dole officers anywhere. Flew to Spain in July. No dole 'officers'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Are you seeking advice on your rights or on how to evade the authorities?

Reasonably good attempt, you've gotten a few biters; 8/10

3/10

1 mark for the audacity to put in Coronavirus

1 mark for self entitlement

1 mark for "call to action" from other sympathetic boardsies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,221 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement