Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Visitors to Home

Options
  • 04-10-2020 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Do people working in your home count as visitors, a friend asked me earlier. There doesn't seem to be a clear answer anywhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

If the person or people in the home don’t live there they are visitors.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

If they are carrying out work then no. But they should be taking appropriate covid safety measures such as masks etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

faceman wrote: »
    If they are carrying out work then no. But they should be taking appropriate covid safety measures such as masks etc
    That's what I thought but it does seem strange that somebody could enter 10+ houses per week working and appropriate measures are enough whereas the advice is 6 visitors from 1 other household.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭con747

I wouldn't allow anymore than 6 people no matter who they were under the current guidelines and the one household is a bit iffy when you take workmen into the mix.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭Tow

Under level 5 work is also restricted unless essential. So the workers in a home should be going 'essential' work, what ever what means...

Work
    Work from home unless it is for working in health, social care or other essential service and cannot be done from home.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

My wife wanted to have a meal with her sister and mother but as they all live apart they couldn't come over. So they went to a local restaurant instead. Apparently that's much better :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

buckwheat wrote: »
    My wife wanted to have a meal with her sister and mother but as they all live apart they couldn't come over. So they went to a local restaurant instead. Apparently that's much better :confused:
    I think the idea there is if the restaurant is managed properly they will make sure the 3 people are 2 metres apart whereby in a house that's less likely as people will sit together on a couch for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Hannibal wrote: »
    That's what I thought but it does seem strange that somebody could enter 10+ houses per week working and appropriate measures are enough whereas the advice is 6 visitors from 1 other household.
    It's not strange at all... Different scenarios different rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

buckwheat wrote: »

Most restaurants operating time limits and increased cleaning schedules on bathroom areas etc. Have dinner in the house and sure everyone sticks around for hours and we get lax. I imagine that’s the issue, one is controlled, one is not

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Maybe the wife didn't feel like cooking...

• Advertisement
Advertisement