Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callan's Kicks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,121 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Think you could do with a visit to specsavers Francie.....get those green tinted specs adjusted.

Lost all respect for Callan after his disgraceful behaviour towards the Taoiseach.

One trick pony....

:) Tis a bit like saying The Spitting Image team had it in for Thatcher, Nevin.

Like who would you expect to be the prime target of a 'political satirist'? The Taoiseach of the day or the janitor in the Dáil canteen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

who would you expect to be the prime target of a 'political satirist'? The Taoiseach of the day or the janitor in the Dáil canteen?
    Go after the powerless, Francie - that's the FG way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

serfboard wrote: »
    Go after the powerless, Francie - that's the FG way.

Heh heh heh...love the way Callan and his coterie like to portray themselves as ‘powerless’ .

Called ‘coming the auld soldier’.

“Aaah Jemser, dere ya are, howya doooin”

“Aaaaah ya know struggling”:cool:

Nobody is taken in by that shïte,compadre.

Heh heh heh...love the way Callan and his coterie like to portray themselves as ‘powerless’ .

Called ‘coming the auld soldier’.

“Aaah Jemser, dere ya are, howya doooin”

“Aaaaah ya know struggling”:cool:

Nobody is taken in by that shïte,compadre.

I think he meant...Callan should go after the 'janitor' in his skits Brendi.

Far too anxious by the defence counsel there.

I think he meant...Callan should go after the 'janitor' in his skits Brendi.

Far too anxious by the defence counsel there.

I know exactly what he meant Proinsias.

Might be more equitable if he went after the printer ink lads and the phone mast lads, the folk who are the self professed “real govt”.

The tools who portray themselves as the voice of change, but cannot form or do not form a govt.

I do t see or hear him pillorying big Pearse, Callanan, that sweaty gimp from Kerry.

Prionsias, there’s folk watching and listening and they know what’s going on, a chara.

Know what it’s about, dude.

• Advertisement

I know exactly what he meant Proinsias.

Might be more equitable if he went after the printer ink lads and the phone mast lads, the folk who are the self professed “real govt”.

The tools who portray themselves as the voice of change, but cannot form or do not form a govt.

I do t see or hear him pillorying big Pearse, Callanan, that sweaty gimp from Kerry.

Prionsias, there’s folk watching and listening and they know what’s going on, a chara.

Know what it’s about, dude.

Never has a go at SF...eh Brendi?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC776bfpcfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ItRpAcfkYc

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3885986/oliver-callan-sinn-fein-mary-lou-mcdonald-banner-new-york/

Put that shovel down Brendi...for once and for all.

:D

Hah hah hah.. Gerry Adams...yesterdays man, Francie.

The fcuherking Sun..... three years old at least.

And it’s the Sun.......:D

Get up to date, dude.

:D

Hah hah hah.. Gerry Adams...yesterdays man, Francie.

The fcuherking Sun..... three years old at least.

And it’s the Sun.......:D

Get up to date, dude.

Aw Brendi...spit it out (whatever you are insinuating) or put the shovel down will ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WdPtvvkYOY

Aw Brendi...spit it out (whatever you are insinuating) or put the shovel down will ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WdPtvvkYOY

Francie!!!

Only one?

Hint....... try Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Is Callan Kicks finished? The main issue with the show was that it was rarely funny and Callan does a poor job mimicking most people.

Always felt like a shoestring job written while Oliver was on his second bottle of wine.

• Advertisement

Is Callan Kicks finished? The main issue with the show was that it was rarely funny and Callan does a poor job mimicking most people.

Always felt like a shoestring job written while Oliver was on his second bottle of wine.

This season is finished

Francie!!!

Only one?

Hint....... try Twitter

FFS...spit it out and stop the riddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Callan does a poor job mimicking most people.
    Who do you think does a good job mimicking people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

serfboard wrote: »
    Who do you think does a good job mimicking people?
    There's at least two on here doing a sterling job mimicking a couple of FG shills for sure.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Callan is a SF shill? Jeez, what a ridiculous notion? Zero evidence in this programme.
    SF, Mary Lou, GerryA pilloried every week with some of Callan's sharpest barbs. But thanks for bringing to mind some very clever sketches.

But the irony ... accusing Callan of a targeted bias based on a blinkered devotation to one party. Ring any bells..?

PS Is a moderator ever going to try to sort out the Radio forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I don't read the sun but on one occasion i remember "Browsing" through it while waiting, and in Callan's column, he was slating the "Shinners". I remember saying to myself, 'He'll be kept with that "Paper"'. Haven't picked it up since so I don't know if he's still there.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I don't read the sun but on one occasion i remember "Browsing" through it while waiting, and in Callan's column, he was slating the "Shinners". I remember saying to myself, 'He'll be kept with that "Paper"'. Haven't picked it up since so I don't know if he's still there.

As Brendi is not going to squeal...does anyone else know what the ''see twitter' thing is about?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

New series begins tonight, 6.30pm.

New series begins tonight, 6.30pm.

He has some amount of material to work with. :) Is Clare going to feature segments like O'Rourke used to do I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭cozar

He has some amount of material to work with. :) Is Clare going to feature segments like O'Rourke used to do I wonder.

yes she is, he is on now.

• Advertisement

Let’s see how this tool performs....

Straight on into Leo.. nothing new so far.

So far a hammer at Leo...

A kick at Trump

A burst at the Brits.

Ha ha there it goes, using MLMCD to have a further attack on the govt.

How can people not see through this stuff.

Ha ha there it goes, using MLMCD to have a further attack on the govt.

How can people not see through this stuff.

Do you understand satire Brendan? From the begining of time it has been stirising governments and politicians. Spitting Image for example...every single week was peopled by the same people.

Enjoy the giggle will ya...it isn't government changing stuff. Your boys are safe for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,714 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lahvlahn's Feic Orf Fryday :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Bit of a disappointing return for me; a bit light on content in general other than the stuff he has obviously done in the last couple days- I think he does his best work under pressure. He needs to retire (or improve) his BoJo! Brendan O'Connor has potential though. Teesh and Co-Teesh he has nailed.

Do you understand satire Brendan? From the begining of time it has been stirising governments and politicians. Spitting Image for example...every single week was peopled by the same people.

Enjoy the giggle will ya...it isn't government changing stuff. Your boys are safe for a while.

I understand it perfectly Mr B.

What I don’t understand is why people say Callan satarises the Shinners just as tough as he does the govt.

That’s my point Mr B..... nothing else.... and tonight’s episode was a perfect example.

Satire is satire Mr B. If you satarise one section your can’t suddenly use satire to support another section of the community, and call it satire

Can you get your head around that Mr B.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“I’m Marty Morrissey, the original super-spreader!” :pac: :D

• Advertisement

I understand it perfectly Mr B.

What I don’t understand is why people say Callan satarises the Shinners just as tough as he does the govt.

That’s my point Mr B..... nothing else.... and tonight’s episode was a perfect example.

Satire is satire Mr B. If you satarise one section your can’t suddenly use satire to support another section of the community, and call it satire

Can you get your head around that Mr B.

The shinners aren't de government Brendi!

The 'government' is the prime target of satirists for time immemorial, you'd know that if you 'understand satire'. There is no onus for him to balance his targets. Senior hurling boyo...take it on the chin.

Advertisement