Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callan's Kicks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 IsosKramer

Are seriously trying to say that he was unique in misjudging the threat of Covid-19?

He is not the CMO or Taoiseach...he is a comedian who happens to have a mind of his own. You don't agree with him...so what?

Here is what he said.

Leo was 'robotic'...wow, hang the man for treason. :)

Where did I mention "unique"?
    Stop trying to distract. He's a licence-payer funded ghobsite who will always have the stain of that particular politically-motivated tweet to his name. It explains the motives behind all his tweets.
    I get it, he speaks your mind for you, politically. That's the main thing.
    I don't know why you feel the need to fill space with any particular tweet. We all have access to it.
    You stayed well away from quoting the St Patrick's Day one - what a surprise!
    Selectively defending his witch hunt just because he spouts your political views is no way to behave. Surely, you can see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,121 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

IsosKramer wrote: »
    Where did I mention "unique"?
    Stop trying to distract. He's a licence-payer funded ghobsite who will always have the stain of that particular politically-motivated tweet to his name. It explains the motives behind all his tweets.
    I get it, he speaks your mind for you, politically. That's the main thing.
    I don't know why you feel the need to fill space with any particular tweet. We all have access to it.
    Selectively defending his witch hunt just because he spouts your political views is no way to behave. Surely, you can see that.

I'm not a particular fan of Callan's...find him funny at times...other times not so much.

I didn't stay 'well away' from anything.
    As I said...he isn't the CMO or Taoiseach. If you are depending on a comedian for your advice on a pandemic, that says rather a bit more about you than anything else.

He doesn't like Leo, he mistrusts him obviously. He isn't alone in that. Big deal.

And getting paid by RTE does not diminish your right to a personal opinion. The little dictators in this country who think that paying a licence fee gives you censorship rights is alarming.

I'm not a particular fan of Callan's...find him funny at times...other times not so much.

I didn't stay 'well away' from anything.
    As I said...he isn't the CMO or Taoiseach. If you are depending on a comedian for your advice on a pandemic, that says rather a bit more about you than anything else.

He doesn't like Leo, he mistrusts him obviously. He isn't alone in that. Big deal.

And getting paid by RTE does not diminish your right to a personal opinion. The little dictators in this country who think that paying a licence fee gives you censorship rights is alarming.

I'm hardly depending on the "comedian" (thanks for his job description, I suppose it's a case of he's nothing else). You're his only cheerleader. Were you parading?!
    As I said before, I get it, I get it. It's the politics. Let's not dwell on dangerous posts. They serve the purpose no doubt.
    Oh, and if he is so intent on showing political bias, he shouldn't be funded by licence-paying conscripts like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

Callan has apologised about that tweet and said how wrong he was.
    If Leo and other politicians admitted to errors as quickly then people might have a bit more respect for them.

I'm hardly depending on the "comedian" (thanks for his job description, I suppose it's a case of he's nothing else). You're his only cheerleader. Were you parading?!
    As I said before, I get it, I get it. It's the politics. Let's not dwell on dangerous posts. They serve the purpose no doubt.
    Oh, and if he is so intent on showing political bias, he shouldn't be funded by licence-paying conscripts like me.

You don't 'fund' his private life...get over yourself.

Many people have gotten stuff wrong...big deal.

If you were depending on him getting something right...like medical advice, you have a point. He got an opinion wrong...has said as much but still his head is required.
    Far as I know, there is an 'unfollow' button on Twitter and similar functions on other social media sites, if you think you are being brainwashed or your health is in peril. :) I have never felt the need to use them, always having confidence in my own brain's analytic abilities.

• Advertisement

You don't 'fund' his private life...get over yourself.

Many people have gotten stuff wrong...big deal.

If you were depending on him getting something right...like medical advice, you have a point. He got an opinion wrong...has said as much but still his head is required.
    Far as I know, there is an 'unfollow' button on Twitter and similar functions on other social media sites, if you think you are being brainwashed or your health is in peril. :) I have never felt the need to use them, always having confidence in my own brain's analytic abilities.

I've told you already, I depend on him and his ilk for NOTHING.
    He, and by extension his acolytes, have lost all credibility throughput this pandemic. To use this crisis for party prejudice is disgusting. You're welcome to him.
    Don't be modest about your Twitter knowledge. In a previous post, you showed great cut and paste ability in pointlessly subjecting us to one of his tweets. We.all.have.access.to.twitter.
    I do "fund" your "comedian". My licence fee is paying for the broadband that enables his oral manure.
    Slán leat.

I've told you already, I depend on him and his ilk for NOTHING.
    He, and by extension his acolytes, have lost all credibility throughput this pandemic. To use this crisis for party prejudice is disgusting. You're welcome to him.
    Don't be modest about your Twitter knowledge. In a previous post, you showed great cut and paste ability in pointlessly subjecting us to one of his tweets. We.all.have.access.to.twitter.
    I do "fund" your "comedian". My licence fee is paying for the broadband that enables his oral manure.
    Slán leat.

:):)

'All hail de leader' would be the satirical take on that post. :)

Just logically extending here and thinking of all the things your 'licence fee' is paying for. You are responsible for some amount of stuff, you should be ashamed!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,537 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

'The leader must not be criticised.
    Everyone must be in tune with the message'.

Recalling another great satiricalshow - Spitting Image. ..you guys could have been cast members, muttering like a Greek chorus in the background. :)

Soon to be replaced by 'The satirist must not be criticised'?

Though I thought satire was supposed to be funny.

:):)

'All hail de leader' would be the satirical take on that post. :)

Just logically extending here and thinking of all the things your 'licence fee' is paying for. You are responsible for some amount of stuff, you should be ashamed!! :)

In amongst the extremely irritating and slightly alarming overuse of icons, I found some text in your post.
    I referred in post number 484 to being a licence conscript so therefore I am ashamed of nothing- Callan or others - that organisation spews out.
    You see, like many other posters, you need to take a little more time reading posts and possibly a lot less time posting.

In amongst the extremely irritating and slightly alarming overuse of icons, I found some text in your post.
    I referred in post number 484 to being a licence conscript so therefore I am ashamed of nothing- Callan or others - that organisation spews out.
    You see, like many other posters, you need to take a little more time reading posts and possibly a lot less time posting.

You wish to silence an opinion because you think you have a right to do that as a licence payer. Sorry, not in a democracy where free speech is cherished, you don't. Callan, no more than Tubridy or Twink have a right to an opinion. I could take a similar attitude to politicians or any public servant...demand their silence because I pay their wages.
    If you have a differing opinion, knock yourself out postulating that if you wish. I'll defend your right to do that too. I have a low tolerance to censorship/silencing of any opinion even opinions I don't agree with.

And yes there was an over use of emoticons because I wanted you to be positively sure that I was laughing at the inherent humour in your post. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I’m afraid all this ends up at one conclusion.

Callan of course, like the rest of people, is entitled to his opinion, however past ‘exchanges’ involving others would seem to indicate that his opinions tend to cause contention.

To target an individual who really has no comeback incessantly with no balance given, for me , seems to be and another subscriber said “a witch hunt”.

I have never seen Callan ever say anything positive about Mr Varadker... ever.

Nobody surely could suggest he got everything he ever did wrong.

That’s not satire, that’s pure abuse, and as seen here, most sensible people can see that.

It’s quite simple.

I’m afraid all this ends up at one conclusion.

Callan of course, like the rest of people, is entitled to his opinion, however past ‘exchanges’ involving others would seem to indicate that his opinions tend to cause contention.

To target an individual who really has no comeback incessantly with no balance given, for me , seems to be and another subscriber said “a witch hunt”.

I have never seen Callan ever say anything positive about Mr Varadker... ever.

Nobody surely could suggest he got everything he ever did wrong.

That’s not satire, that’s pure abuse, and as seen here, most sensible people can see that.

It’s quite simple.

Well said, that's a perfect summation of Callan's behaviour.

Do your research lads...a smattering of anti Varadkar specific tweets from a busy tweeter.
    The vendetta stuff isnt holding up.

Every other politician and party gets the rap but it is only when it's Leo's turn the hissy fits start.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,893 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Jeezus, there are some thin skins around here.
    As I idly wondered before, is it that OC has scattergunned something that gave them a flesh wound, perhaps?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Jeezus, there are some thin skins around here.
    Snowflake Blueshirt Bots leap to the defence of their leader because somebody said something not nice about him :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The overreaction is both hilarious and pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Callan's bit on Sean O'Rourke's last show just now was very good.
    ALL bonehead leaders got it.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Callan's bit on Sean O'Rourke's last show just now was very good.
    ALL bonehead leaders got it.

I thought it was excellent too.

I thought it was excellent too.

1140-fda-warning-dog-bones.imgcache.rev9cc096168c22b6b741df9478cd0c9d00.jpg

1140-fda-warning-dog-bones.imgcache.rev9cc096168c22b6b741df9478cd0c9d00.jpg

Don't be giving me those eyes Brendi, you were way out of line and OTT in your criticism.

Callan was back on O'Rourke today, was excellent and I think we can say, only a few Leo defenders are upset. ;)

• Advertisement

Not biting Francie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Callan was back on O'Rourke today, was excellent and I think we can say, only a few Leo defenders are upset. ;)
    If only we could make criticising "Dear Leader" a criminal offence ...

And why they're so worried about Leo is anyone's guess, since he's well able to handle himself, as he showed in the Dail yesterday.

serfboard wrote: »
    If only we could make criticising "Dear Leader" a criminal offence ...

And why they're so worried about Leo is anyone's guess, since he's well able to handle himself, as he showed in the Dail yesterday.

The FG clan seem very sensitive to Callan, I have never seen any other party faithfuls lose their minds when he has a pop (as he does at them all) at their leaders.
    He must be hitting a 'bone'. :)

The FG clan seem very sensitive to Callan, I have never seen any other party faithfuls lose their minds when he has a pop (as he does at them all) at their leaders.
    He must be hitting a 'bone'. :)

Incorrect Francie, token tap at the Shinners never at any of the lads fond of the ‘windswept hills’ and the scent of the ‘heather clad heaths’.

Nobody losing their mind Francie, no matter how much you try to spin it.

You can keep it up as long as you like :D

Still the same.... Callan is a Shinner shill.

No doubt about thaaaaaat.

Incorrect Francie, token tap at the Shinners never at any of the lads fond of the ‘windswept hills’ and the scent of the ‘heather clad heaths’.

Nobody losing their mind Francie, no matter how much you try to spin it.

You can keep it up as long as you like :D

Still the same.... Callan is a Shinner shill.

No doubt about thaaaaaat.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone get upset about his portrayal of any other political figure but Varadkar.
    If there are threads where this happens, let us know.

He has a pop at Leo and suddenly the sound of undergarments twisting fills the air and Callan is a 'shinner shill'. :):)

That bates Bannagher, as they say.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone get upset about his portrayal of any other political figure but Varadkar.
    If there are threads where this happens, let us know.

He has a pop at Leo and suddenly the sound of undergarments twisting fills the air and Callan is a 'shinner shill'. :):)

That bates Bannagher, as they say.

So he’s not a Shinner shill then Francie?

Surely you can’t deny thaaaaat, a chara.

That’s the cats whiskers, as they say.

So he’s not a Shinner shill then Francie?

Surely you can’t deny thaaaaat, a chara.

That’s the cats whiskers, as they say.

Not that I noticed Brendi.

Any evidence of this at all Brendi?
    Seen him treating praise of Joe McHugh there, 'FG's best minister'. Does he only 'shill' part time?

Not that I noticed Brendi.

Any evidence of this at all Brendi?
    Seen him treating praise of Joe McHugh there, 'FG's best minister'. Does he only 'shill' part time?

Plenty of evidence, but of course you know very well where to get it.

And I know that you know, so forgive me if I don’t do the fake legwork.

Thanking youuuuu.

Plenty of evidence, but of course you know very well where to get it.

And I know that you know, so forgive me if I don’t do the fake legwork.

Thanking youuuuu.

Brendi...you need to stop talking in riddles.

I have no idea what you are referring to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Think you could do with a visit to specsavers Francie.....get those green tinted specs adjusted.

Lost all respect for Callan after his disgraceful behaviour towards the Taoiseach.

One trick pony....

Advertisement