Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Werewolf - GAME THREAD

1444546474850»

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

@Strawbs - very selfless of you to jump on the bomb

BUT

I had Abigail protected, I was flat out saying that Abbi should go last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Reberetta wrote:
    I didn't understand the ending. What happpened?

It was purgatory all along.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

How did the protect and failed munch work?

Derry WW wrote: »

I'd protected myself rather than Angus, hoping they'd think I'd be on Angus

You can take off your clothes now Derry

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Reberetta wrote:
    I didn't understand the ending. What happpened?

Wolves conceded but we gave them a feel good ending by vanquishing their enemies first.

Derry WW wrote:

The bodyguard protected themselves and hoped the wolves would fall for the double bluff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Baggly wrote: »
    It was purgatory all along.

75F9.gif
    Necro wrote: »
    Wolves conceded but we gave them a feel good ending by vanquishing their enemies first.

Oh..

@Baggly - why didnt you join us in the others, I think it would have make sh!t of us, once we found out that there was an odd number of wolves in us we'd have eaten each other alive.

I suppose easy to say it once you seen three days of paranoia

Patrick WW wrote: »
    @Baggly - why didnt you join us in the others, I think it would have make sh!t of us, once we found out that there was an odd number of wolves in us we'd have eaten each other alive.

I suppose easy to say it once you seen three days of paranoia

I was humming and hawwing over it - i wasnt sure it wasnt going to come back and bite me if i did. I figured with no village seer, peeks as prizes were gonna come into it at some stage and prime for peeking would be the others group.

In the end i left it too late and ye had assumed i was a wolf anyway.

TBH i wouldnt have had the energy for 3 persona's (wolf room, others room and on thread).

It was a great setup but yesterday and today were crazy in work so i didnt put in the time i perhaps should have and to the mod and my teammates i apologise for that - couldnt be helped unfortunately!

• Advertisement

khalessi wrote: »
    Pure class!! Loved the CFD first time seeing that loved the paranoia.

It’s a real adrenaline rush!

BUT

I’ve sussed that now but I was so engrossed in having the right things written in the post boxes for main thread and lynch threads that I only had time to skim the udders thread.

Well played green. It was well worth the sacrifice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’ve sussed that now but I was so engrossed in having the right things written in the post boxes for main thread and lynch threads that I only had time to skim the udders thread.

Well played green. It was well worth the sacrifice.

Great play to throw yourself on the grenade when you were NRV

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Brain even more fried that usual after that! Great game mods, I'm still going to be piecing stuff together for a while I think!

The bodyguard protected themselves and hoped the wolves would fall for the double bluff

Good choice.

I've just read the end. Super. Well done wolves!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Great game mods. Sickened I was gone so early!! That was mental all around.

I was humming and hawwing over it - i wasnt sure it wasnt going to come back and bite me if i did. I figured with no village seer, peeks as prizes were gonna come into it at some stage and prime for peeking would be the others group.

In the end i left it too late and ye had assumed i was a wolf anyway.

TBH i wouldnt have had the energy for 3 persona's (wolf room, others room and on thread).

It was a great setup but yesterday and today were crazy in work so i didnt put in the time i perhaps should have and to the mod and my teammates i apologise for that - couldnt be helped unfortunately!

Ya hard to see how things will play out from the start

I considered coming out as BG to the Others right at the start and asking the group to trust me and let me control the smoke, some chance that would have had!

Thats always fun when the BG plays chicken with the wolves out in the open from early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

I feel like I didn't get to play at all. My luck to raise the suspicions of the one player with a bullet.

If I ever get around to running a Werewolf they'll be no early munch and nobody will have a bullet from the beginning.

And Mr. Kingsley will be banned.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Mods, if I had stayed quiet all day today, did we have a chance?

• Advertisement

Orla WW wrote: »

Just saw that your team mates were kicked out of the other back room because you broke the one rule there was about the room.

So much for playing for your team this game I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

I was never going to give up on you!

Orla WW wrote:

Hard to say. There was still a small sliver of hope if ye had grabbed the smoke monster kill but I'd put it as unlikely given the sheer amount of clear players

Was it balanced?

I loved the mixed back room. I wish the wolves had played more with us.. I think there could have been much mind ****.

Why didn't ya try take the smoke monster to kill one of us off?

Derry WW wrote: »
    Was it balanced?

I loved the mixed back room. I wish the wolves had played more with us.. I think there could have been much mind ****.

Why didn't ya try take the smoke monster to kill one of us off?

Vernon and Conor were gearing up to try it today, but they were booted from the Others due to Orla talking about the super-secret group here before that was allowed.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Just saw that your team mates were kicked out of the other back room because you broke the one rule there was about the room.

So much for playing for your team this game I guess

I had no idea that I would be breaking the rules, as my team will attest. It was a genuine error on my behalf.

Ah we live and learn to fight another day

I had no idea that I would be breaking the rules, as my team will attest. It was a genuine error on my behalf.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ju94d05236wqgbc30ikttg9gyath20obx401d5ww&rid=giphy.gif

The game mods will clarify.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Orla what was wiyh the fake peek?

I think the game was up but I feel you took away any chance you had to win or maximise your kills when you choose to fake the peek. Seemed very unnecessary.

Baggly was busy at (proper) work and wanted to concede. I tried to take advantage of that but went about it the wrong way.

I should have stayed quiet but I can never do so in these games. Not posting on Tuesday killed me.

• Advertisement

Orla WW wrote:

In fairness I believe this is true. Hello was a good teammate this game with the exception of his mistake.

I made mistakes this game too that cost us a lot so we played as a team and lost as a team.

I had an issue with the settings on both accounts.

Up until this game, Holly WW and Phil WW could not post in any other forum but this one. I noticed with Holly I could now access all areas. So Necro changed me to Phil and the settings allowed me to post wherever I wanted aswell.

Did anyone else notice this on their account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

Up until this game, Holly WW and Phil WW could not post in any other forum but this one. I noticed with Holly I could now access all areas. So Necro changed me to Phil and the settings allowed me to post wherever I wanted aswell.

Yep same with Emily, it was access all areas

I think Conor could post wherever he wanted as well. Im going to look into it with the admins now once we get confirmation all accounts are reset.

Sincerely. I have no problem pushing the rules as previous games prove but this was a genuine mistake.

Apologies to the moderators more than anything, I didn't mean to spoil the game.

Same with Orla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Fiona had access all areas too.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Fiona had access all areas too.

Well played Beaker.

You took over the excessive-Necro-posting-mantel well.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Just finished reading, good game village. Looked like a lot of fun and definitely a theme that fits WW very well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Steve WW wrote: »
    Just finished reading, good game village. Looked like a lot of fun and definitely a theme that fits WW very well.

Whoops used the WWbrowser to read, Logging out as Steve now good game mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

BUT

Ahhhhh I didn't get that at all. I was never going to vote again with my Abi account. I had always planned to just reassign my 2 prize votes at 8.59 (and did just that).

I do think a fatal flaw was the wolves not engaging with us in the others room. We could all trust each other from basically day 2 when Hurley went rogue and claire fell off the radar. It allowed us to (kinda) trust each other enough to push our agenda on the main thread and steer the village from behind the scenes. There was always a niggling doubt (even at the end for me!) but we had a solid core that was always going to be hard to beat. Mods, did ye intend the room to work differently? More suspicion and accusations?

Mollyb60 wrote:
    I do think a fatal flaw was the wolves not engaging with us in the others room. We could all trust each other from basically day 2 when Hurley went rogue and claire fell off the radar. It allowed us to (kinda) trust each other enough to push our agenda on the main thread and steer the village from behind the scenes. There was always a niggling doubt (even at the end for me!) but we had a solid core that was always going to be hard to beat. Mods, did ye intend the room to work differently? More suspicion and accusations?

Well the reasoning behind having wolves in there was so ye wouldn't trust each other when the backroom was revealed.

But that being said we were happy for both sides to act how they felt was the best way forward for their team.

I really enjoyed the game and it was cool to be a full seer, which was something that was on my bucket list.

I dont think ive been as LOST in a game since the Sherlock one, and thats mad because apart from the mods, i probably had most oversight in the game, alongside Drumpot/Fixxxer.

I havent played in a while and that was because of home and work committments. Im glad i played but this game did point out i dont have the time or energy to play the game the way i like to play it. Never say never but i think ill stick to observing and modding for a good while now. I dont know why, but i find it much easier to handle modding than playing. Glutton for punishment perhaps.

The mods were great in this game and on top of everything. Everything was planned out and there were lots of decisions for players to make at all levels of knowledge that will make it a really interesting game to read back over.

The theme was excellent and carried throughout the game so well done on that too - it can be hard to fit it all in and/or not compromise the source material.

Really enjoyable game - well done to players and mods alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I really enjoyed the game and it was cool to be a full seer, which was something that was on my bucket list.

I dont think ive been as LOST in a game since the Sherlock one, and thats mad because apart from the mods, i probably had most oversight in the game, alongside Drumpot/Fixxxer.

I havent played in a while and that was because of home and work committments. Im glad i played but this game did point out i dont have the time or energy to play the game the way i like to play it. Never say never but i think ill stick to observing and modding for a good while now. I dont know why, but i find it much easier to handle modding than playing. Glutton for punishment perhaps.

The mods were great in this game and on top of everything. Everything was planned out and there were lots of decisions for players to make at all levels of knowledge that will make it a really interesting game to read back over.

The theme was excellent and carried throughout the game so well done on that too - it can be hard to fit it all in and/or not compromise the source material.

Really enjoyable game - well done to players and mods alike.

I’m totally with you there. By Sunday night I found the week ahead quite Daunting for a few reasons. It’s part of the reason I usually leave it so late to decide whether to join a game, things need to line Up for me.

I work for myself so can be flexible but I do like to give my game/character a decent shot which for me takes time. When I’m on a team I feel even more pressure to help the cause. Also I know mods Spend a lot of time preparing and working on these games So just want to play in the right spirit for all concerned.

I would of played on had Fixxer not taken my place but I was so relieved when Necro said they had a replacement. Nothing to do with game, players or anything, I just needed to get a lot of work done and hadn’t slept well so needed to focus 100% on my job. That would of shown in the game and I would of been lost on thread.

Gotta be honest , it was fun pressing all the buttons in the hidden room. :D

Thanks again mods and team mates for a fun game. Damn all you villagers to lost island hell...

Someone asked why we picked Oisin to smoke

For me, I was looking for Hurley, he had only put about four sentences in the others BR, one of those was a one word answer "Absolutely", when I searched for who else used that word and it was only Oisin, twice!

Conclusive evidence!

Edit: Very well run game, thanks mods, on top of everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Drumpot,You should have seen my face when I said I'd sub in, then saw I had three rooms to manage, THEN saw the chaos you'd caused :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

fixXxer wrote: »
    Drumpot,You should have seen my face when I said I'd sub in, then saw I had three rooms to manage, THEN saw the chaos you'd caused :D

Yeh sorry about that, I didn’t envy you. Like I threw a grenade into a room and you were the first one to enter afterwards!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Drumpot wrote: »
    Yeh sorry about that, I didn’t envy you. Like I threw a grenade into a room and you were the first one to enter afterwards!! :pac:

tenor.gif

The most perfect GIF

Supernatural Werewolf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Supernatural Werewolf

You..... again......

• Advertisement
Advertisement