Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tohatsu 12 litre outboard petrol tank,plastcic type.

• 30-09-2020 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi guys anyone got any ideas about preventing petrol smells from the above tank carried in a car.
    I notice with the tohatsu one the outboard started even with the vent cap closed which would lead me to believe air can be sucked through the threads of the tank.
    Probably a bit far fetched, this was not a problem when I had my own car but only now while sharing a car with the Mrs.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Might be worth checking the rubber / cork O ring on the cap the vent may also have one. If you can't find the leak maybe put it in one of those vacuum bags for storing clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭antietam1

fergal.b wrote: »
    Might be worth checking the rubber / cork O ring on the cap the vent may also have one. If you can't find the leak maybe put it in one of those vacuum bags for storing clothes.

Yeah I usually use 3 bags and most of the time there is no residual pong.
    Not sure if there is a leak as the previous tohatsu 12l tank used to pong up the car, but you did most certainly have to open the vent cap to start the out board.
    I will check for o rings and hose.

Advertisement