Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

sick pay for self isolation

• 29-09-2020 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi

I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, if not can mods move it please
    My daughter works in a large retail shop, very good employer in fairness but not sure if they have given her the correct advise
    She was notified by HR that she was a close contact of another employee who tested positive and aske to go for a test
    That has come back negative but they told her that she has to isolate for 14 days
    That means she misses 10 days work and they have told her she's entitled to 7 days sick pay from the employer and no more for the rest of the year
    Does she not claim from Social welfare ,or is there a payment for people in her situation.
    Also since there are over 200 working in the shop this could happen every month going forward

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

An employer is not obliged to pay you when off dick. However given that she was exposed to the virus while at work then I would expect to be paid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Gael23 wrote: »
    An employer is not obliged to pay you when off dick. However given that she was exposed to the virus while at work then I would expect to be paid

Yes there is a Covid illness benefit she can claim though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Your daughters HR department is clearly just a personnel department, anyone worth their salt in HR is well versed in Covid ins and and outs at this stage.

This is what you need.

https://services.mywelfare.ie/en/topics/covid-19-payments/illness-benefit/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Your daughter can claim a covid payment. Its pretty straight forward. She can do it on line, they will ask her details, including bank details. All she needs then is to have her GP send a incapacity form to the DEASP. They can do this electronically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Where are they going asking her to isolate for 14 days?

It's been 10 days for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Where are they going asking her to isolate for 14 days?

It's been 10 days for a while now.

Only if you test positive as far as I read

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If you were close contact it is 14 days same as for employees returning from holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

10 days for positive and 14 for close contact or inbound travellers

Advertisement