Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Think the mince pies if not eaten before xmas will have reach the sell by date:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Some lovely looking things there in Next. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Think the mince pies if not eaten before xmas will have reach the sell by date:pac:

No Christmas stuff over here yet. Quite a bit of Halloween stuff but I am certain there will be no trick or treating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

When I was looking for my picture for 90 days until Christmas. I found these runners.
    They are so cute !
    The practical in me would go for something similar, but with more red and green, and only white accents.

Neyite wrote: »
    I made my Christmas cakes last night, the smell in the house last night and this morning was really Christmassy
    Fair play !

• Advertisement

A virtual Christmas Market this year?

https://fb.me/e/4q0koxhRe

Thanks !
    It sounds a very interesting concept - expecially if it showcases small vendors - I will def check it out when Website goes live

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Did the grocery shopping yesterday in Dunnes & was raging there was still no mince pies on sale. I was sure they went on sale in September the last few years (theres a mad stat out there that Millions are bought in September every year) so was confident I'd pick up a box yesterday being the last w/e in September, but no. Plenty of Halloween cakes & suchlike but no sign of anything christmassy from that already on display last week.
    Normally I'd wait until Dec. 1st to indulge my love of mince pies but have decided this year all my old date based traditions are out the window, for food, songs, movies etc.

Fingers crossed they'll be there next week!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

DvB wrote: »
    Did the grocery shopping yesterday in Dunnes & was raging there was still no mince pies on sale. I was sure they went on sale in September the last few years (theres a mad stat out there that Millions are bought in September every year) so was confident I'd pick up a box yesterday being the last w/e in September, but no. Plenty of Halloween cakes & suchlike but no sign of anything christmassy from that already on display last week.
    Normally I'd wait until Dec. 1st to indulge my love of mince pies but have decided this year all my old date based traditions are out the window, for food, songs, movies etc.

I was in my local Dunnes yesterday (Ashbourne) and they had mince pies out on the shelves so you should get them this week.

Of the few shops I've been in lately Aldi seems by far to have the most Christmas stock out.

I was in my local Dunnes yesterday (Ashbourne) and they had mince pies out on the shelves so you should get them this week.

Of the few shops I've been in lately Aldi seems by far to have the most Christmas stock out.

Nice one.

Funnily enough our Aldi had nothing other than boxes of Quality Street out. I had gone in looking for Stollen, but was surprised by how little of anything christmas related was out. Hopefully that'll change this week.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    It's an amazing coming to work and logging on. Usually I try and keep reading the few posts till coffee time or lunch, and try and spread them out so I can savior the Christmas spirit. Now I log on and wonder if I will get to read them all!!

14 bold threads this morning. Most in a long time :)

I usually dont log in during the weekend however as there is so many posts these days, I might have to pop in to keep up!!

Saw this in Lidl at the weekend and though of you DvB!

• Advertisement

This was suppose to be in the post above!

TRS30 wrote: »
    This was suppose to be in the post above!

ooh, have had that one before, its fab-u-lous!

May have to pop into Lidl on the way home now... :pac:

ooh, have had that one before, its fab-u-lous!

May have to pop into Lidl on the way home now... :pac:

Maybe some of these as well

28WoO9c.jpg?1

iMG1d6E.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There was a lovely smell of Winter in the air last night, it was clear skies out last night and very cold, the type of cold you could almost smell the cold.

It instantly reminds you of Christmas and Winter nights ahead.

I work in Tayto and they are making the Christmas party boxes since last week.

Also they are making a Hunky Dory party box one this year.

I work in Tayto and they are making the Christmas party boxes since last week.

Also they are making a Hunky Dory party box one this year.

I'd love a bag of Hunky Dorys buffalo the size of a mailbag!! Those things are addictive.

Have been up to the factory for some work related visits & always wondered if I could sneak out a few 100 bags in the boot of my car ;)

I'd love a bag of Hunky Dorys buffalo the size of a mailbag!! Those things are addictive.

Have been up to the factory for some work related visits & always wondered if I could sneak out a few 100 bags in the boot of my car ;)

Maybe we've met !?! :D

Maybe we've met !?! :D

Unless your one of the grumpy engineers thats unlikely:D

Havent been up in a couple of years now though, the lads were complaining we were too expensive last time I gave them a fee proposal. I even said they could pay us in crisps but that didnt work...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

very happy there doing a Hunky dory party box, Can we have a banshee bones one too ???:D (cant find those bastards anywhere since they launched)

Winterval in Waterford is happening this year but due to social distancing some of the events wont be taking place. Love going to the food market on a weekend night and then into the pub for a few

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I'll be adding the Hunky Dory party box to my shopping list thanks for the heads up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yes I am very looking forward to a hunky dories box.

But the price has to make sense. Most of the time you can get a 9 pack for €3 so if a box of 18 is over €6 it doesn’t make sense.

Yeah I’m that person :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

PTH2009 wrote: »
    very happy there doing a Hunky dory party box, Can we have a banshee bones one too ???:D (cant find those bastards anywhere since they launched)

Winterval in Waterford is happening this year but due to social distancing some of the events wont be taking place. Love going to the food market on a weekend night and then into the pub for a few

The banshee bones sold out in a few days in Dealz and they’re waiting on another delivery of them. I’m on surveillance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes I am very looking forward to a hunky dories box.

But the price has to make sense. Most of the time you can get a 9 pack for €3 so if a box of 18 is over €6 it doesn’t make sense.

Yeah I’m that person :P

I know what you mean
    But with the box of King Crisps you have to get the box they always taste tastier

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A local pastry and chocolate shop has put up there menu for Christmas Day desserts!
    120301688_1197535983952798_3823410466857735124_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=88LsER3bDJ4AX-ngFiP&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e91ea803340087a2b09ccfd1515e0a0e&oe=5F9641AE
    120375255_1197535980619465_5442424893181258317_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=Do8WfPxgkx4AX-mCEmP&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=15b7379e12c0bdb3587a053977a27940&oe=5F95EEFD
    120370589_1197535977286132_3208112910051183809_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=zZR64-sISYwAX8EAb_v&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=3d2ccadddb01de7659a6ccc04d703fdd&oe=5F98CAF7

€15 for 6 mince pies!? You're havin' a laugh intcha?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can we have a banshee bones one too ???:D (cant find those bastards anywhere since they launched

Lidl is selling them for Halloween. I saw boxes of multipacks ready for the shelves in my local today.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

€15 for 6 mince pies!? You're havin' a laugh intcha?!

I think I shared their menu a few years ago and got a similar response.
    I've never got anything there but other café in the town menu's can be expensive enough also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

I think I shared their menu a few years ago and got a similar response.
    I've never got anything there but other café in the town menu's can be expensive enough also.

Cafe/restaurant prices. You wouldn't get a nice mince pie in a coffee shop for less than €2.50. Same with the cakes. €20 for a 6 inch cheesecake seems mad money but it would easily be a fiver a slice as a dessert. I just make them myself, cost way less and usually taste better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

I might just have a go at making my own mince pies this year! If they turn out to be duds I’ll just buy a box.

• Advertisement

Unless your one of the grumpy engineers thats unlikely:D

Havent been up in a couple of years now though, the lads were complaining we were too expensive last time I gave them a fee proposal. I even said they could pay us in crisps but that didnt work...;)

Ah you didn't meet me so, I'm full of Christmas cheer all year round. I do work in the maintenance dept though.:D

We actually don't get free crisps ourselves but can buy them fairly cheap, only thing is you get hounded by friends and relatives with the usual "will you pick us up a box and I'll give you the money next week".

Advertisement