Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Those working in the reopening pubs

Options
  • 23-09-2020 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Anyone here back working in the pubs since they reopened?
    I am and to tell you the truth I'm not enjoying it at all. I'm all on edge that everyone does the right thing. When they get somewhat boozed they still think they can do what they like...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you’re a manager, feck them out. If you’re not, let your manager feck them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

What instructions have you received from your managers as regards how you deal with those who are systematically breaking and not adhering to the rules ?

Is there any management or security presence that can enforce the rules or remove those who are endangering other punters and staff by their behavior and lack of conscious effort to distance ?

Shouldn’t be left to bar staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Went in for one in the town I've moved into. A table was booked back at 4:45pm and three ould "regulars" were refusing to leave cause when they come in "they come in for the day and you that". Plonked in front of At The Races, waddling out to the bookies every race. Pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Always treat the general public with the contempt they deserve. There are some serious ale tanks out there who've been lying in wait like wolves for the past 6 months. The smell of beer in their nostrils. The type of ****er who swaggers into the place thinking he owns it. Moans about everything. Don't give the bastards an inch. Especially after a few drinks because caution will be thrown to the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Strumms wrote: »
    What instructions have you received from your managers as regards how you deal with those who are systematically breaking and not adhering to the rules ?

Is there any management or security presence that can enforce the rules or remove those who are endangering other punters and staff by their behavior and lack of conscious effort to distance ?

Shouldn’t be left to bar staff.

Absolutely agree with this. I worked in bars in Berlin where people would get crazy messy before hitting the clubs and my personal rule if a guy grabbed my ass for example was - he goes or I go.
    On a busy Saturday night the last thing a bar needs is a staff member walking out.
    I would apply the same ethos here for your own sake and for the sake of everyone trying so hard to be safe. Has your manager laid down rules? Is he being a bit on the soft side? I understand it's not easy to jeopardize your job but you've gotta play hardball here
    I wish people would just cop the **** on. How drunk do you have to be to not be able to just get on with the rules. If you can't then you shouldn't be in a pub... ever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement