Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am the Necrus - Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,351 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Not a big indie fan myself so I need the help of Google to see what songs I knew.

I was going to go with The Hoosiers but to my surprise are not indie.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 13th Place with 10 points
    Irish Aris

The Cure-Shake Dog Shake

Hmmm yes indeed entrant The Cure are a very risky entry to submit given mixed love in this forum. This is… it’s ok. I’m not sure why he needs to scream at me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Shut Up and Dance could not be more of a pop song!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

tusk wrote: »
    Honestly. I researched indie and r&b and that didn't help like, can somebody legitimately enlighten me?

Its actually very vague. It was originally ascribed to bands and artists that were Independent and not attached to any record label, but these days its pretty much interchangeable for just about anyone.

R&B is pretty fast & loose with what it is or isn't as well.

I really can't shed much light, because I don't understand either myself really.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,362 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Are the decisions always this questionable in every Walrus?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Arghus wrote: »

Yes, it's the very best part of it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ShaneU wrote: »

Indie Pop is a thing though. It doesn't just mean Alt Rock (that's something different and equally as obscure)

In 12th place with 11 points
    JP Liz V1
    Shots - Imagine Dragons

Unlike the other current host I actually don’t mind Imagine Dragons. This is a grand upbeat number and more than deserves a midtable slot.

Arghus wrote: »

And Arghus was never seen in forum games again

Look what you did Necro!

In 11th place with 12 points

Sawduck

Razorlight - Somewhere Else

Razorlight are a band I dip in and out of from time to time, this is a very good track. Golden Touch would have probably been a couple of places higher mind ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

tusk wrote: »
    Come'ere...

WHAT THE FUarCK is indie?

Oasis Vs. Blur :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Indie Pop is a thing though. It doesn't just mean Alt Rock (that's something different and equally as obscure)

Indie pop rock is also a thing :pac:

Great pick Sawduck!

In 10th place with 13 points
    Rikand

Pavement : Cut Your Hair

Second Pavement entry and a much better song imo. His voice still pisses me off but it’s less irritating in this track.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShaneU wrote: »

Indie Pop

In 9th place with 14 points

Deja Boo

5 Years Time - Noah and the Whale

This initially started much higher due to nostalgia but on repeated listens started to fall down the rankings a bit as I remembered how annoying that whistling was when the song was released.

love it boo!

In 8th place with 15 points

fixXxer

Death From Above 1979 - Romantic Rights

This started off and I honestly thought I was gonna hate this track… however after they finish their… ahem… musical ****… it gets really good. Thoroughly enjoyed this.

In 7th place with 16 points
    LeVar

Wild Youth - Lose Control

I really enjoyed this song. From here on in the tracks get moved to my regular playlists and this one is just really fun.

In 6th place with 17 points.
    ShaneU
    Vampire Weekend – A Punk

This rounds cheat code innit! Ara look this is a fab track I had mostly forgotten about so it was nice to be reminded how good it is.

• Advertisement

In 5th place with 18 points
    Trigger

If I had a gun - Noel Gallaghers high flying birds

I deliberately didn’t post an Oasis track in the opening blurb to keep the sweats on. But lookit, anyone that has paid attention to me in the past know that I love Oasis. Does that love extend to Noelly G’s projects???? Yep, yep it does indeedy. Can’t get much more indie than this folks…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro wrote: »
    In 8th place with 15 points

fixXxer

Death From Above 1979 - Romantic Rights

This started off and I honestly thought I was gonna hate this track… however after they finish their… ahem… musical ****… it gets really good. Thoroughly enjoyed this.

Someone with such little appreciation of musicianship should have their walrus taken off them :PAC:

That intro is one of the snappiest blood pumpingest riffs you're ever likely to hear

In 4th place with 19 points

Kolido

Republica - Ready To Go

OR CAN WE? OH YEAH LET’S GET IT GOING! This is a choon and was always high in the rankings. Nice choice.

And so it comes to the nail biting for
    Gru
    The purple tin
    Clarabel (again)
    Green&Red
    JohnGreenFan
    RasTa

8IR.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

I can't remember what I submitted and I am worried

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Gru

noooooooooooo.... i am COMFORTABLE in 7th....just leave me mid table!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I am loving the indie selections, great picks in this round

In 20th place with 3 points

RasTa

Harlem River - Kevin Morby

Like the one above this and I said before, this just isn’t my thing. More oohs and aahs than a boyband.

In 3rd place with 20 points
    Gru

Four kicks - Kings of Leon

Unlike the previous KOL song submitted, this one is a cracking track and absolutely perfect for this category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Four Kicks, cracking song.. never even thought to put in a KOL song.. Nice one Gru

Advertisement