Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am the Necrus - Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 18th place with 5 points

Gru

Duke Special - No cover up

I went back and forth on this song, between really liking it and then being very ambivalent towards it. Tried to come to a happy medium but nope, this is about as high as I can put it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 17th place with 6 points

S1ippy

John Grant - Pale Green Ghosts

This was certainly an experience and I can definitely see how this would be incredible for some. Unfortunately I am an un-cultured, unwashed heathen from the West of Ireland and it didn’t really get me going like I wanted it to.

In 16th place with 7 points
    Sawduck

Sam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Come

There have really been some lovely songs submitted already into this round, people with fantastic voices, orchestras etc. But sadly it just isn’t my sort of thing. No denying that Sam has a fantastic voice, but the song just a bit too sleep-inducing to rank any higher.

In 15th place with 8 points

Irish Aris

Kim Wilde-Can't Get Enough (of Your Love)

Oh here we go, something I can get my teeth into, unashamed 80s glory! I just felt the chorus wasn’t powerful enough rather bizarrely. Like she was holding back or something? So it ended up here. I really enjoyed all the songs from this one onwards mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think John Grant's song was submitted in another walrus recently, really good song.

• Advertisement

In 14th place with 9 points

Mustang shelly

My Indigo - Star Crossed Lovers

This is a great song, I love her voice. Quality in the category is ramping up a good bit now. Good choice.

In 12th place with 11 points
    Trigger

Everything I wanted - Billie Eilish

Eilish is certainly flavour of the last year or so, I like some of her stuff apart from when she drops into *shudders* dubstep. Thankfully she seems to be leaning towards more civilized songs nowadays and this is a very good example of it. Very similar to No Time To Die in some ways.

Necro wrote: »
    In 15th place with 8 points

Irish Aris

Kim Wilde-Can't Get Enough (of Your Love)

Oh here we go, something I can get my teeth into, unashamed 80s glory! I just felt the chorus wasn’t powerful enough rather bizarrely. Like she was holding back or something? So it ended up here. I really enjoyed all the songs from this one onwards mind.

Well, I was hoping for something better, but at least I keep avoiding bottome 3.

In 11th place with 12 points
    The purple tin

Elliot Smith: Waltz # 2

Not gonna lie, when I saw this entry come up initially I said to myself – WALTZ? What the fcuk is someone doing sending me waltzes in a category so open!
    However once I calmed down and whacked it on I really enjoyed it and nodded to myself… ‘That’s why – it’s pretty bloody good!’

btw Necro, you skipped number 13 :)

• Advertisement

OOOPSS

c1p4OUD.gif

In 13th place with 10 points…

JohnGreenFan

Where We're Going - Gerry Cinammon

Another choon, it was one of those songs where I clicked into it and suddenly went OH MY GOD I KNOW THIS!! Enjoyed the entry, cheers!

Now normal scheduling can resume...

In 10th place with 13 points
    LeVar

Halsey - You should be sad

Firstly, that video… DAMNNNNNNNN!! Now I remember why I used to use YouTube :P I mean it likely would have bumped this a couple of places but it’s a really good song regardless of that. The ones above are just a tad better, imo anyways.

In 9th place with 14 points

Clarabel

Monster - Lady Gaga

I know this contender was going for a.... specific theme, but if you’re gonna enter a GaGa song into a solo category the winners for me are Pokerface or Paparazzi, in no particular order. This isn’t bad mind.

In 8th place with 15 points

fixXxer

Josh Ritter - Stuck to You

Honestly, spoken songs like this only usually work for me if it’s Cash singing them. However, I enjoyed the humour in this quite a bit so it climbed a decent bit in the rankings as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I'm in the dangerzone now...

fc34bb58-9f55-478d-a8a9-9ca72cbe3729_text.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Now normal scheduling can resume...

In 10th place with 13 points
    LeVar

Halsey - You should be sad

Firstly, that video… DAMNNNNNNNN!! Now I remember why I used to use YouTube :P I mean it likely would have bumped this a couple of places but it’s a really good song regardless of that. The ones above are just a tad better, imo anyways.

Easily the most played song on my Spotify this year... there's been times where I've just had it on repeat for the best part of an hour... it's been a bit like a security blanket for me during lockdown...

Been waiting for the right Walrus Host and Category to submit it to, and I had guessed you might like it.

In 7th place with 16 points
    Reberetta

Jerry Cantrell - Cut You In

This is very Nirvana-esque at the start, early style grunge I think? Enjoyed it as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Cant remember what I nominated here but I reckon I got it all wrong.

In 6th Place with 17 points
    Green&Red

Hannah Grace - With you

I loved this, and only for the quality of the higher ranked songs this was right up there. Very unique voice imo, yeah great choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In 7th place with 16 points
    Reberetta

Jerry Cantrell - Cut You In

Class pick Reba. Boggy Depot is a great album.

In 5th place with 18 points
    ShaneU

Marc Cohn - Walking in Memphis

Ah jaysus, this is just an absolute classic. Never going to go wrong with picking this song in fairness. Could listen to it all day long and never get sick of it.

ShaneU

Ah jaysus, this is just an absolute classic. Never going to go wrong with picking this song in fairness. Could listen to it all day long and never get sick of it.

choon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

ShaneU

I perfer the Cher version

*Runs*

In 4th place with 19 points

Tusk

Don Henley - New York Minute

Great pick in fairness, and staying on theme for this contender… interested how they will negotiate the hip hop round now :D All together now – IN A NEW YORK MINUTE OOOO-AAA-OOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Kolido wrote: »
    I perfer the Cher version

*Runs*
    4col07.gif

In 4th place with 19 points

Tusk

Don Henley - New York Minute

Great pick in fairness, and staying on theme for this contender… interested how they will negotiate the hip hop round now :D All together now – IN A NEW YORK MINUTE OOOO-AAA-OOOO

This is one of those songs that really tweaks a deep emotion in me, for some unknown reason. Love it!

And then we come to tonight’s final 6
    Rikand
    Kolido
    JP Liz V1
    Deja Boo
    Arghus
    Osh

tenor.gif?itemid=5965692

(Kenny Loggins would have done very well in this round too if ye didn't get the hints ;) )

• Advertisement

In 20th place with 3 points

Osh

John Holt - Ali Baba

Another contender who is likely throwing darts at a printed out version of my avatar currently. Yeah sorry, this just isn’t my thing dude :/

Advertisement