Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am the Necrus - Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 17th place with 6 points:
    S1ippy
    alt-J - Tessellate

I’m not sure the song title is clever, more weird? The song didn’t grab me either unfortunately.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Irish Aris wrote: »
    that was quick Necro!!!

Woah, Sunday I had stamina now I'm quick :eek:

I'm starting to get a reputation round these parts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

My song is by someone who is kinda polarizing, so this could up end going anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Necro wrote: »
    Woah, Sunday I had stamina now I'm quick :eek:

I'm starting to get a reputation round these parts :D

hahahahaha, I meant quick to get me out of the way!!! :D:pac:

In 16th place with 7 points:

RasTa

Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus

Cool title. I wouldn’t mind a chocolate Jesus right now. Waits is soooo hit and miss with me though, his voice is very Marmitey. In some songs it absolutely works like ‘Way Down In The Hole’ as an eg. But here I dunno, he sounds like he’s narrating a dodgy horror movie.

• Advertisement

In 15th place with 8 points
    Rikand

Primus : Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

Oh sweet Jaysus tune your guitars you loons! I thought this was going to be much better than it ended up being if I’m honest. I’ve no idea what the lad is saying at all, bring back Tom Waits, all is forgiven!! In all seriousness though, the track title *just* pushes it above Waits here.

In 14th place with 9 points

Tusk
    The Eagles - The Last Resort

Do I even need to name the submitter anymore :pac: It’s these Eagles songs I am not a fan of. It’s ok like but it just meanders along for an age not really doing anything.

In 13th place with 10 points:

Arghus

Tryouts for the Human Race - Sparks

Again, much like Pink Floyd in a previous round this is very very psychedelic (should have guessed from the artists name lol) It’s much, much, much better than what came before it (all of them, yep!) But that’s about it. Video (which I didn't actually watch during my scoring phase) is decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I think I played safe in this round, though you can never tell in these games

In 12th place with 11 points:

Kolido

The Rolling Stones – Sympathy for the Devil

Not sure about this, again we are getting into passable territory but I think there are much better Stones songs. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction on the other hand would have done much, much better here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

At least I was leading after 3 rounds. I can take that with me to the bitter end. Primus and Captain Beefheart are an acquired taste. You either love them or hate them. Primus are an unbelievable band and the Captain put out some incredible work throughout his career. But I can accept they are not for everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yeah, but satisfaction wouldnt be a witty title ? Sympathy for the Devil isnt even that witty (imo). I thought about submitting **** her gently, but I just didnt think it was witty enough.

The song is brilliantly witty, but the title is ... a title

In 11th place with 12 points:
    JohnGreenFan

I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off - Fall Out Boy

I’m a big fan of Fall Out Boy anyways and there are a number of their songs which would have suited here. This is a very good song and clever entry.

Rikand wrote: »
    Yeah, but satisfaction wouldnt be a witty title ? Sympathy for the Devil isnt even that witty (imo). I thought about submitting **** her gently, but I just didnt think it was witty enough.

The song is brilliantly witty, but the title is ... a title

I quite like the title of Satisfaction, don't ask me why :D

**** her gently I just find pretty witty overall.

In 10th Place with 13 points
    Gru

Aaron Daniel Jacob - chop away at my heart

This is so groovy and uplifting. Really enjoyed this, and the title is witty.

In 9th place with 14 points
    ShaneU

The Tallest Man on Earth - The Gardener

Interestingly I find the band name more intriguing than the song title!! This is a nice song with some decent backing. Very enjoyable. Would have ranked a bit higher I think but for the title actually.

Interestingly in this category I only knew two songs in the top 10 and had heard of just 1 other.

In 8th place with 15 points

fixXxer

Big Man with a Gun - Nine Inch Nails

Not too familiar with Nine Inch Nails, Hurt original aside admittedly. This is a very fun track and the multiple meanings for the title suit the category very well indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

In 15th place with 8 points
    Rikand

Primus : Wynona's Big Brown Beaver

Oh sweet Jaysus tune your guitars you loons! I thought this was going to be much better than it ended up being if I’m honest. I’ve no idea what the lad is saying at all, bring back Tom Waits, all is forgiven!! In all seriousness though, the track title *just* pushes it above Waits here.

This here Cro is why we will never agree on music! This is fantastic. I love how the guitars are not tuned. He's saying things - feel it - why does it matter what the words are!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

In 9th place with 14 points
    ShaneU

The Tallest Man on Earth - The Gardener
    Thought I was doomed after the Bob Dylan hate!

Would have ranked a bit higher I think but for the title actually.

The song isn't about gardening, it's about insecurity. The garden is a metaphor. Which makes it a clever title.

A lot of these titles so far are more "wacky" than clever.

• Advertisement

In 7th place with 16 points…
    Trigger

You only like me with the lights out - Avid Dancer

This is a funny one because every time I put it on I instantly didn’t like it but after a minute or so each time I was nodding along like a goofball and end up loving it. Made it sort of hard to place if I’m honest but I think given the upcoming quality… this is about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ohhhh.. yeah...

I love it..

Happy enough with that placing.. top half will do me

In 6th place with 17 points

LeVar
    All Time Low – The Irony of Choking on A Lifesaver

One of the best song titles I’ve seen, that’s for sure. Really enjoyed this track, it just… gets me. Upbeat, great beats... BLOODY WALRUS WIZARD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I had a feeling that one would be up your alley alright Necro. :D

Glad you enjoyed it.

In 5th Place with 17 points

The purple tin

Johnny Cash: The One On The Right Is On The Left

And here comes my own personal bias, I honestly think you could have Cash sing almost anything and I would enjoy it. This one just really suits both me and the category. Clever title, music I love… yeah great choice.

In 4th place with 19 points…
    Green&Red

Violent Femmes - Blister in the sun

This was one I didn’t know I knew till I turned it on. Great choice, combining good song and clever title as evident can be difficult and you managed it very well.

And now we pause whilst we post a Graham Norton gif for the following 6 people…
    Sawduck
    Deja Boo
    Reberetta
    Clarabel
    JP Liz V1
    Mustang Shelly

lAr9W45SDrRs.gif

No not that one FFS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

In 4th place with 19 points…
    Green&Red

Violent Femmes - Blister in the sun

This was one I didn’t know I knew till I turned it on. Great choice, combining good song and clever title as evident can be difficult and you managed it very well.

Great song, very good choice!!

In 20th place with 3 points
    Sawduck
    “Weird" Al Yankovic - Amish Paradise

Yeah…… I can’t understand how ‘weird’ Al makes money. He can’t sing, and he spends his time ripping the piss out of mostly decent tracks. The original would have actually scored incredibly well here… this pisstake cover… nope, not for me unfortunately. Scores slightly higher than the other two because tbf the title at least is sort of clever.

I have a feeling though this is going to be a divisive decision mind :pac:

• Advertisement

In 3rd place with 20 points
    Reberetta
    Marilyn Manson s(AINT)

NSFW WARNING!!!

Ah man when Manson is on point he is so good. This is a perfect example of it. And I love the title, this is a fab choice. Welcome to God Tier,
    Reberetta
    ;)

Advertisement