Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

They're absolutely brilliant , every time , can't help but laugh and love them !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I didn’t understand the idea of ms paint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Autosport wrote:

I tried and couldn't either. Think we were missing something Auto :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

The MSPaint game is the best thing to happen the interwebz.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Autosport wrote: »

Microsoft Paint (formerly Paintbrush, not to be confused with the Mac OS X application, Paintbrush) is a simple raster graphics editor that has been included with all versions of Microsoft Windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Auto, Onshuh, imagine a chinese whispers and every other person reads the description of the previous picture and paints based on the words used to describe how the person sees the image.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Will you play next time?

No ms paint access :D

No ms paint access :D

Oh thats ok. You don't have to use Ms paint. You can use anything at all.. a pencil and paper , a sharp stick and a cave wall!! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh thats ok. You don't have to use Ms paint. You can use anything at all.. a pencil and paper , a sharp stick and a cave wall!! :)

Haha the second option might take a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Seph, we need to talk about your drug use.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

kowloon wrote: »

Not right now

be79c7e03e914e956e62e111cdb34a54--high-times-kitty-cats.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,489 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Grandeeod wrote: »
    This thread is a deffo pick up joint for a few. Not into it myself, but I've witnessed it first hand over the last few years. That said, each to their own.:eek:
    I think we need more details on this dramatic statement!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

kowloon wrote: »

I don't know, Kowloon, that purple octopus of yours looked very 'inspired ' to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I don't know, Kowloon, that purple octopus of yours looked very 'inspired ' to me.

Is that a euphemism???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Smarty pants, get painting next round :p

Sorry but I only describe :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Is that a euphemism???

What? Purple octopus? No, that's not a euphemism. 'Inspired' is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Can someone actually explain exactly how this paint works? I is confused.
    Like if you have to wait for each picture to be painted before you can paint the next, then surely you would be celebrating Christmas by then?
    Can someone do a quick Boards MS Paint for Dummies please?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I think we need more details on this dramatic statement!

Trust me you don't want to know Leggie. You really don't want to know.:eek: Don't even PM me as that means I'll keep the house up and Mrs G will take out her gun to kill the bitch.....(ends with an S.) This is a nice spot, but there are weirdos about the place.:eek:

I've done Tremors and I'm moving onto "Stan and Ollie". Looking forward to this one as I'm a massive Laurel and Hardy fan. Couch and living room to myself.

Trust me you don't want to know Leggie. You really don't want to know.:eek: Don't even PM me as that means I'll keep the house up and Mrs G will take out her gun to kill the bitch.....(ends with an S.) This is a nice spot, but there are weirdos about the place.:eek:

Well that clears things up nicely! :confused:

Can someone actually explain exactly how this paint works? I is confused.
    Like if you have to wait for each picture to be painted before you can paint the next, then surely you would be celebrating Christmas by then?
    Can someone do a quick Boards MS Paint for Dummies please?

Ok so the game runner chooses a starting picture. Let's say a funky rainbow with a duck flying over it. He/she sends that to the first 'describer' by PM. The describer has to .. well.. describe it, in ten words and send back to the game runner. So they might say "a bright rainbow, clouds, flying duck..blah blah". The first 'painter' receives this description by pm from the game runner and has to paint it. So they do their best job at painting but inevitably the next describer, upon receiving the painting by pm from the game runner, misinterprets pieces of the composition or highlights the wrong bit or whatever and might describe something like "strips of colourful ribbon, flying dog, angry clouds". Maybe that ends up looking like a pride flag to the next describer and the following painter includes a parade and before you know it we're at the final painting and it looks nothing like the original.

Each painter and describer only sees what came directly before them. No one but the first describer knows the starting picture and it's not until the reveal thread that we all see the full chain of pictures and descriptions.

It can take a while with describes usually being super fast and painters taking one or two days on average each but sometimes a little more.

I don't know if I've explained this well at all but yeah it's chinese whispers with pictures and it's hysterical for some reason!

• Advertisement

Bed , Netflix , tired of getting glitched out .

Poor Mam i'd be gone mad.

Unglitched myself .

Buile , excellent explanation imo .

Grem , how come wanting a nap never happens when we actually want to go to sleep ?!

I could actually do with a nap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I've done Tremors and I'm moving onto "Stan and Ollie". Looking forward to this one as I'm a massive Laurel and Hardy fan. Couch and living room to myself.

Is this me? I never made a move on you, you are married?

Is this me? I never made a move on you, you are married?

I think it's an in joke between some posters, rather than an accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I think it's an in joke between some posters, rather than an accusation.

Oh, ok :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Unglitched myself .

Buile , excellent explanation imo .

Grem , how come wanting a nap never happens when we actually want to go to sleep ?!

Honestly, there should be time out zones in work for nap attacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

...Like if you have to wait for each picture to be painted before you can paint the next, then surely you would be celebrating Christmas by then? ...

It seems to go remarkably quick - the last game I hosted (with 12 describers and 12 painters) was completed within a fortnight.

• Advertisement

Bedside with a cupan Tae and sour dough toast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement