Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restaurants in D15 doing outdoor dining or takeaway services

• 19-09-2020 10:32am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know there are lots of us in the D15 forum who like to eat out and right now all of our favourite places are temporarily closed thanks to government recommendations for the suppression of Covid-19.

They'll need as much business as possible to keep them ticking over so that they can re-open when they are allowed. Let's start a thread of the restaurants that are offering meals to take away or an outdoor dining area so that we can support them when we're having a night off cooking.

No need to mention businesses that always do takeaway as they are unaffected, just places that normally do indoor dining.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I saw from their Facebook page this morning that Goat's Gruff are returning to their drive by coffee service during the day and takeaway pizza service 7 nights a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

On this I saw a tweet that said to try and order directly with the restaurant and not through apps that take a percentage of the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Eatin the cafe in supervalu (blanch village) are taking orders for takeaways. Just seen on their fbpage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,198 ✭✭✭ongarite

Rudy's have an outdoor seating area and are taking bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'll be interested to hear how pleasant an experience it will be to eat outside on a late September/October night even with the best outdoor heat lamps as the temperatures start to plummet from now on. We've been lucky the last week but how long will that last? Even last night felt chilly despite the fine weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Rendezvous in Ongar is doing take away and has a few outdoor spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Is there anywhere doing takeaway pints? Was over in Baldoyle yesterday and got some from a pub there.
    Really miss 2 or 3 Guinness at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

You can get a pint outside Leonard's so I presume you can do takeaway as well?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

raheny red wrote: »

Thank you, didn’t know it was open , any others around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

raheny red wrote: »

Are you genuinely, that desperate to get a Pint? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Maximilians has a covered outdoor area with a patio heater and dividers. Looks a lot better than some of the attempts I’ve seen from other restaurants that have people packed in like sardines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

miamee wrote: »
    I saw from their Facebook page this morning that Goat's Gruff are returning to their drive by coffee service during the day and takeaway pizza service 7 nights a week.

I only discovered that place a few weeks ago and it's really fantastic. Popped down yesterday morning and there was a serious queue of cars there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭D15er

Maximilians has a covered outdoor area with a patio heater and dividers. Looks a lot better than some of the attempts I’ve seen from other restaurants that have people packed in like sardines.

You mean Rudys?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

D15er wrote: »
    You mean Rudys?

No, Maximilians. Unless you mean Rudys is packing them in like sardines, which I agree with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭D15er

No, Maximilians. Unless you mean Rudys is packing them in like sardines, which I agree with.

Yeah I drove past Rudys yesrerday and it was pretty wedged.

I just didn't think Maximilians had the space outside for more than a couple of tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

But sure if mentioned already but Taste of Provence at the bottom of Clonsilla Road always seems to be busy. Coffee, cakes, pastries, etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Must check out Maxi's, was in once before and thought the food was lovely but it was tiny, very small to be honest. Haven't seen their outdoor area but hoping it's on social media.

Looking somewhere Thursday evening for a few drinks and outdoor dining.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Anyone know why Wetherspoons hasn’t reopened? The other Dublin Wetherspoons seem to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Seemingly the Clonsilla Inn had huge crowds at the weekend. Whatsapp video doing the rounds showing massive queues out front in the car park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Are they doing food in the car park?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

These guys, The Sambo Ambo https://www.facebook.com/thesamboambo/ were there in the car park recently but it looks like they have moved on to the Guinness Storehouse for December. I suppose once the pub itself was open it didn't make sense to have a competitor for food in the car park.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Seemingly the Clonsilla Inn had huge crowds at the weekend. Whatsapp video doing the rounds showing massive queues out front in the car park.

They advertised 2 slots of 3 hours.... 4 to 7 and 7 to 10.....seemed like nobody thought about the changeover!

Passed by The Bell on a walk last night and there was a coffee van there, has anyone tried it?

Went to the coffee van at The Bell last week one night, I had a peppermint tea and half a pastry (shared), pastry was grand. There was also a large burger stand there, the type you might see at a festival or something. I think it was called The Big Grill or something like that, I haven;t tried it though.

Also, there is a coffee van in the car park of the Clonsilla Inn these days too.

Any restaurants to add to those doing takeaway this January?

Rudy's have started delivering. I haven't tried yet mind, just seen the sign outside the other day.

We have a birthday coming up in the house so looking for suggestions of restaurants in D15 that do nice restaurant level food but for take away so we can pretend to be in a fancy restaurant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Chrisam

We have a birthday coming up in the house so looking for suggestions of restaurants in D15 that do nice restaurant level food but for take away so we can pretend to be in a fancy restaurant :D

I really like Diep in Blanch village. Bigger selection and quality of food is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Had Anglers Rest a number of months ago (Probably closer to last Summer) and was lovely take home option.

Also not quite fancy restaurant food but Goat's Gruff is doing savage pizza down that direction also. Really nice pizza and kind of my go to for weekly takeout meal (Need something to look forward to at weekend). :D

Thanks chris, I hadn't thought of Angler's Rest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 maryjanemax

Another one that might be worth looking at is Luttrelstown at home - they do it weekly for collection over the weekend. Looks lovely but a little pricey.

Advertisement