Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

_Brian wrote: »
    That’s not really fair.

You can’t say that someone who would like to see the long established laws of the land that we all live by enforced properly is in any way similar to the holocaust.

We can’t just throw up our hands and let the rule of law go to hell because these groups have decided not to obey them to the extent that it’s difficult to enforce them.

No it's exactly the same talk was uttered then.

Specifics..

What laws are being broken and by whom?

Edit: And I have a good one for you Brian.
    You've made your opinion on Donald Trump known here.
    But I wonder has it ever crossed your mind there's an American Brian out there who's also a farmer with the very same views who'll be voting for Donald Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

gozunda wrote: »
    Look like a good job alright

Do they deliver by post?

All that's in my head after clicking that link is 80s metal hair bands ha. Gozunda belting out the lyrics and Limetree on drums.. all you need is a bass player, two guitarists to do harmonies and some pyrotechnics ha.

God help the hayshed.

No Sweat Mark II

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

You do realise that whole message could have been uttered by Adolf Hitler in 1940 about Jewish Ghettos?

What present day civic solutions do you propose that you may see fit that you choose to never use the S word that you might call them people again?

It's this kind of softie softie head buried in the sand that has allowed these areas to develop and to become the Ghettos that they are

Specifics..

But I wonder has it ever crossed your mind there's an American Brian out there who's also a farmer with the very same views who'll be voting for Donald Trump.

What do you mean what laws are being broken??

Do you think that attacking firemen, first responders, bus drivers, ambulance staff, Gardai is not breaking the law?

What about drug dealing, robbery, murder

Serioiusly

Only ghettos I know in Dublin are halting sites. Thats the places Gardai are afraid to go into without backup. Plenty of decent hard working people in working class estates. Just a handful of families usually cause the problems. Plenty of law breakers and anti social behaviour about. They are not all living in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Panch18 wrote: »
    It's this kind of softie softie head buried in the sand that has allowed these areas to develop and to become the Ghettos that they are

In the case of the Jews they were all perfectly living all over the european countries till the Germans made them live in specific areas in the town's and cities with razor wire fencing them in with guards on the entrances and then they rounded them up and sent them to concentration camps and ultimately the gas chambers.

In the case of Ireland you're talking of urban social housing I presume?
    These were houses built in the 60's, 70's, 80's by the council to lease to people who couldn't afford to buy their own homes. In cases the houses were offered to the renters to buy out the lease for a nominal fee after so many years rent was paid. In others the council still own the houses and continue to rent out.

NcdJd wrote: »
    Only ghettos I know in Dublin are halting sites. Thats the places Gardai are afraid to go into without backup. Plenty of decent hard working people in working class estates. Just a handful of families usually cause the problems. Plenty of law breakers and anti social behaviour about. They are not all living in Dublin.

Darndale??
    Parts of Coolock beside it?
    Ballymun
    Sherrif Street and surrounds
    Parts of Finglas

In the case of the Jews they were all perfectly living all over the european countries till the Germans made them live in specific areas in the town's and cities with razor wire fencing them in with guards on the entrances and then they rounded them up and sent them to concentration camps and ultimately the gas chambers.

In the case of Ireland you're talking of urban social housing I presume?
    These were houses built in the 60's, 70's, 80's by the council to lease to people who couldn't afford to buy their own homes. In cases the houses were offered to the renters to buy out the lease for a nominal fee after so many years rent was paid. In others the council still own the houses and continue to rent out.

Homeless guy stabbed 62 times by a 16 year old this week

are you telling me this 16 year old isn't pure scum??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Specifics..

Yea people vote for all sorts. That’s the society we have developed and are lucky to have.

I’m saddened that you don’t see that abusing emergency services and vandalising their equipment which is public property as an actual crime.

Society is a complicated structure
    But here is an underlying unspoken agreement that we will adhere to certain social norms.

Stealing, murdering, and the major crimes are the obvious ones.

But being a member of society also means that we don’t bully and abuse each other. More recent times are seeing these things brought into law, but they were always morally wrong.

By accepting and turning away from people who feel they don’t want to obey the decency structure we are enabling their behaviour. Not calling out the person who we see littering. Not calling out those who bully others. If these things go unchecked it just spirals down into more serious crimes against society and individuals. .

Panch18 wrote: »
    Darndale??
    Parts of Coolock beside it?
    Ballymun
    Sherrif Street and surrounds
    Parts of Finglas

Ah here.. they are not ghettos. There's lovely people in coolock, darndale, ballymun and finglas. I've friends and relatives in all these areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

gozunda wrote: »
    Look like a good job alright

Do they deliver by post?

I bought mine in a sports store, Boots will also have headbands, maybe their brand would be cheaper.

Yea people vote for all sorts. That’s the society we have developed and are lucky to have.

I’m saddened that you don’t see that abusing emergency services and vandalising their equipment which is public property as an actual crime.

Society is a complicated structure
    But here is an underlying unspoken agreement that we will adhere to certain social norms.

Stealing, murdering, and the major crimes are the obvious ones.

But being a member of society also means that we don’t bully and abuse each other. More recent times are seeing these things brought into law, but they were always morally wrong.

By accepting and turning away from people who feel they don’t want to obey the decency structure we are enabling their behaviour. Not calling out the person who we see littering. Not calling out those who bully others. If these things go unchecked it just spirals down into more serious crimes against society and individuals. .

But you are not the law.

It's that simple. You can call people for social misconduct out but beyond that and calling people scum based on their location and demographics. Never acceptable.

D'internet and power has gone to your head. :pac:

We can't all live in leafy Cavan with acres and live the self sufficient life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

You obviously think it's a war zone up here.. Good luck.

Not the friendliest of places at night I can tell ya

Reggie. wrote: »
    Not the friendliest of places at night I can tell ya

Pesky jackeens. Up to no good as usual.

it's not a jackeens thing at all

It's across the country - a load of smaller rural towns now are overrun by scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Wouldnt say that. Just the select few

• Registered Users Posts: 18,518 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

But you are not the law.

It's that simple. You can call people for social misconduct out but beyond that and calling people scum based on their location and demographics. Never acceptable.

D'internet and power has gone to your head. :pac:

We can't all live in leafy Cavan with acres and live the self sufficient life.

I’ve called people scum based on their behaviour
    Pop back there and show where I said anything else.

And no I’m not the law, but that doesn’t stop me wanting the law applied fairly. I’m
    Not saying extra laws just for certain people. But everyone needs to know the law applies to them.

I spent six months chasing the local litter warden to get two prosecutions pushed through after reporting littering. I did it because it was the right thing to do !
    Because if we don’t the place will be gone to hell.

Maybe its just me but I don't think the country is any worse than it's always been.

A lot of it is just more realisation from the improved internet access to all news.
    I've been held at knifepoint on my way out of school. But you quickly get some street smarts.
    That same lad with the knife went on with his own farm now and is reasonably successful now.

Point is every little thing shocks everyone now and everyone thinks they're better than the next person. If you label people. You'll be labelled back. We're all more than labels.

But there are some pretty messed up people out there who shouldn't walk the streets.

• Advertisement

There's good and bad everywhere lads. I'll leave it at that.

There's good and bad everywhere lads. I'll leave it at that.

Plus 1,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Yea.
    From what I could see it was a few yahoos cruising abkut, when did being a dick to new road users become “fun”
    Ya know the type, peaky blinders pikey haircuts, seats wound back near horizontal, big deep illegal sun visor. Proper trash.

A pure scourge,

You would even notice it on country roads now too, you may oblige and pull in to let a fella motorist pass and no acknowledgement (wave) returned nowa days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Any statement from Avril Lavigne?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Esel

"I'm so important and famous."

"See? Here comes Avril Lavigne!"

"Hi, Avril.... WTF?"

:)

Not your ornery onager

That could have been acid or a knife. Surely the Tanaiste of the country would have a couple of security personnel close by. Despicable carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Grueller

Many of the biggest and wealthiest law breakers live in D4 and wear shirts and ties.

That could have been acid or a knife. Surely the Tanaiste of the country would have a couple of security personnel close by. Despicable carry on.

The casual days out in the park could be coming to an end.
    Irish people wouldn't be known for attacks on politicians or even bother going near celebrities.
    We always had the attitude of minding our own business and leave be.

This could be some young one affected by the points in the leaving cert or just disgruntled by the upcoming Dublin lockdown.
    Either way a few months in the locker would send a message.

• Advertisement

The casual days out in the park could be coming to an end.
    Irish people wouldn't be known for attacks on politicians or even bother going near celebrities.
    We always had the attitude of minding our own business and leave be.

This could be some young one affected by the points in the leaving cert or just disgruntled by the upcoming Dublin lockdown.
    Either way a few months in the locker would send a message.

Someone will recognise her. Parents are probably getting a knock on the door by the special branch as I type this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement