Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,246 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

ganmo wrote: »
    She'll be on the road at the same time tomorrow.

Ye, he doesn't want the hassle and I dont think I need it either. I'd like to know who it was all the same. He's not running in the morning, will be out on Monday and see if he can get the reg then, it depends who it is as it might be more trouble than it's worth to call her out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,520 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    Ye, he doesn't want the hassle and I dont think I need it either. I'd like to know who it was all the same. He's not running in the morning, will be out on Monday and see if he can get the reg then, it depends who it is as it might be more trouble than it's worth to call her out on it.

Absolutely appreciate what your saying.
    Some families are best kept a wide berth from. Lad might get hassle afterwards.

Pain though.

Some people are pigs.
    I am bringing eldest out in the evenings for driving lessons.

We stopped at a junction in local town waiting to turn right as a car was approaching. Car came up behind and immediately started blowing horn because it could see she was young and on L plates. I had to bite my tongue not to get out and see what the problem was.
    Roads are different place learning to drive now compared to 30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

cjpm wrote: »
    Any posters here from Ballaghaderreen area? Have any of ye dealt with Hayden’s?

Not from Ballaghaderreen but have bought submersible pump from them. Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Remember around 10 years ago driving a primera over a narrow bridge and an old fella hit his mirror off mine(not sure who's fault) so passed on about 40 yards, so I hopped out, had a big beard at the time, and when he saw me he looked abit scared and drove off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭orm0nd

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Remember around 10 years ago driving a primera over a narrow bridge and an old fella hit his mirror off mine(not sure who's fault) so passed on about 40 yards, so I hopped out, had a big beard at the time, and when he saw me he looked abit scared and drove off!

So that was you, cost me 20 quid for the mirror from a scrappie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

orm0nd wrote: »
    So that was you, cost me 20 quid for the mirror from a scrappie

10 years on you hardly still driveing at your age.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Got my second cut of silage done today. Heavy crop, should have been cut weeks ago but for all the rain. I was drawing them in tonight and not easy see the bales in the dark with the poor lights on the tractor. Ended up using one of these roadside safety lights to mark a group of bales. Worked a treat. You could see it from the other end of the field. Put it on the front of the bale too so I could take it off the bale out the back window.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vococal-Flashing-Roadside-Assistance-Vehicles-Orange/dp/B07X5YP3W8/ref=asc_df_B07X5YP3W8/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=399635003270&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17592023683654057446&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007880&hvtargid=pla-861703796144&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=93504844948&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=399635003270&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17592023683654057446&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007880&hvtargid=pla-861703796144

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Got my second cut of silage done today. Heavy crop, should have been cut weeks ago but for all the rain. I was drawing them in tonight and not easy see the bales in the dark with the poor lights on the tractor. Ended up using one of these roadside safety lights to mark a group of bales. Worked a treat. You could see it from the other end of the field. Put it on the front of the bale too so I could take it off the bale out the back window.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vococal-Flashing-Roadside-Assistance-Vehicles-Orange/dp/B07X5YP3W8/ref=asc_df_B07X5YP3W8/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=399635003270&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17592023683654057446&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007880&hvtargid=pla-861703796144&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=93504844948&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=399635003270&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17592023683654057446&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007880&hvtargid=pla-861703796144

Neighbours probably thought that aliens had landed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

You should get a set of LED work lights for the tractor, mighty job. Put them on the loader here made a massive difference and don't drain the battery half as much as standard ones

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭josephsoap

_Brian wrote: »
    Absolutely appreciate what your saying.
    Some families are best kept a wide berth from. Lad might get hassle afterwards.

Pain though.

Some people are pigs.
    I am bringing eldest out in the evenings for driving lessons.

We stopped at a junction in local town waiting to turn right as a car was approaching. Car came up behind and immediately started blowing horn because it could see she was young and on L plates. I had to bite my tongue not to get out and see what the problem was.
    Roads are different place learning to drive now compared to 30 years ago.

The amount of scum on the roads these days is unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

josephsoap wrote: »

The amount of scum all over the country is unbelievable.

I really wonder where irish society will be in 20 or 30 years

Panch18 wrote: »

Just look across the Irish Sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

One of the the worst mistakes I made was giving permission to build down a private road here, been nothing only hassle since

Just look across the Irish Sea.

This a thousand times over.

josephsoap wrote: »

Yea.
    From what I could see it was a few yahoos cruising abkut, when did being a dick to new road users become “fun”
    Ya know the type, peaky blinders pikey haircuts, seats wound back near horizontal, big deep illegal sun visor. Proper trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,232 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Ah jaysus folks!

Did it ever occur to ye that everyone thinks the same way?

You're looking at them and they looking at you with both having the same thoughts.

Continue on with this reasoning and this and them mentality leads to a stronger group imposing their ideals on the weaker group.

Ye might think that's fine but ye might end up in the weaker group all because this and them and those leads to backlashes and counter actions in kind.

Now where's my habit?..

Ah jaysus folks!

You're looking at them and they looking at you with both having the same thoughts.

Continue on with this reasoning and this and them mentality leads to a stronger group imposing their ideals on the weaker group.

Ye might think that's fine but ye might end up in the weaker group all because this and them and those leads to backlashes and counter actions in kind.

Now where's my habit?..

🤔

No, live and let live isn’t the correct approach to scumbags and bullies. We don’t just shrug our shoulders and say “it’s just their way”.

Society has laws rules and standards that we all need to conform to or it all just goes to shiit.

I’m not inclined to bend my standards on what constitutes decent behaviour just to avoid alienating the poor dears.

🀔

No, live and let live isn’t the correct approach to scumbags and bullies. We don’t just shrug our shoulders and say “it’s just their way”.

Society has laws rules and standards that we all need to conform to or it all just goes to shiit.

I’m not inclined to bend my standards on what constitutes decent behaviour just to avoid alienating the poor dears.

Get your gun Annie..

Youngest lads phone went missing at school yesterday. It was his first
    Phone and they have to have a phone to take photos of homework etc as they can't bring books home. School have gone through cctv and are on to who took it. His bus ticket is in the phone too. The phone is no use to anyone else. They are kind of in a pod so not hard to narrow it down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Phone and they have to have a phone to take photos of homework etc as they can't bring books home. School have gone through cctv and are on to who took it. His bus ticket is in the phone too. The phone is no use to anyone else. They are kind of in a pod so not hard to narrow it down

And what will happen this lad who stole the phone?
    Slap on the wrist.

• Advertisement

jimini0 wrote: »
    And what will happen this lad who stole the phone?
    Slap on the wrist.

Dunno but it will put them in a very bad light for doing it. Very sly thing to do. Always drama around here

Get your gun Annie..

There’s allot of ground between letting them ride over ya and get your gun.

Do we skip right over the bit where I get to look down on them 😂😂

Humans naturally divide into them and us, and yea I’m sure to plenty of people I’m a “them”, not that long ago since a prominent intensive pig farmer online asked me was I “turning into one of them” because I voiced my opinions of rather we had free range rather than highly intensive pig reading happening. I didn’t say I wanted to stop him, just that I’d rather there was more free range options.

Not that long ago since you yourself called out a twitter page owner because their opinions didn’t agree with you.

Them and us is natural.

I had my calculus calculator taken from my school bag in school 20 years ago.
    It was one of those expensive ones.

Myself and father were at Stradbally steam fair 10 years ago. A man woman and child pickpocket team were about to push in on my father paying at a stall only for I was standing back. Which they first never spotted me only till I coped what was about to happen and the man then called the woman and child back.

Another relation had their pocket picked and wallet stolen while paying in an office of a scrapyard 15 years ago.

There’s allot of ground between letting them ride over ya and get your gun.

Do we skip right over the bit where I get to look down on them 😂😂

Humans naturally divide into them and us, and yea I’m sure to plenty of people I’m a “them”, not that long ago since a prominent intensive pig farmer online asked me was I “turning into one of them” because I voiced my opinions of rather we had free range rather than highly intensive pig reading happening. I didn’t say I wanted to stop him, just that I’d rather there was more free range options.

The internet has you ruined Brian.

Things are never as serious or as important or as drastic as people make out.

Live your own life and to hell with everyone else. There was problems before you were born and there'll be problems when you're dead. And don't be drawn into the them and us. History showed only loosers in those scenario's.

Main thing ..Chill.

Edit: Just seen your edit. That was because that Twitter er was abusive from the start to farmers and urban women. I didn't like the cut of their jib. I felt pity at the start but that changed to me questioning their whole account of the incident by their carry on and continuely retweeting their own responses.
    It made it look like a set up.
    While they consider themselves an influencer they alienated many against their own ideal. That carry on won't win many round to their objectives on social media.

The internet has you ruined Brian.

Things are never as serious or as important or as drastic as people make out.

Live your own life and to hell with everyone else. There was problems before you were born and there'll be problems when you're dead. And don't be drawn into the them and us. History showed only loosers in those scenario's.

Main thing ..Chill.

Ruined you say.
    Maybe I was a wreck and it has redeemed me somewhat 🤔

Ruined you say.
    Maybe I was a wreck and it has redeemed me somewhat 🀔

Are you cool in the gang now? ;) :pac:

Joking.. .maybe.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Maybe you can't see it. There's good on the internet but there's an awful blackness there too that people can hide behind on their phone. This then gets brought from the phone into the real life and then into a perpetual cycle from phone to real life to phone again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Ah jaysus folks!

Now where's my habit?..

You do realise there are whole swaths of Dublin where people like Fireman and ambulances and buses can't and won't go because if they go into these estates they will be attacked

Hell the Gardai won't go into a lot of these places without armed support unit.

And its not just Dublin - all the major towns and cities around the country are the same - estates and areas which are completly lawless

And it's the folks saying ah the poor people bla bla bla they need more supports i.e. more money

This country needs to get tough, proper tough, on the scum that are taking the place over

You do realise there are whole swaths of Dublin where people like Fireman and ambulances and buses can't and won't go because if they go into these estates they will be attacked

Hell the Gardai won't go into a lot of these places without armed support unit.

And its not just Dublin - all the major towns and cities around the country are the same - estates and areas which are completly lawless

And it's the folks saying ah the poor people bla bla bla they need more supports i.e. more money

This country needs to get tough, proper tough, on the scum that are taking the place over
    You do realise that whole message could have been uttered by Adolf Hitler in 1940 about Jewish Ghettos?

What present day civic solutions do you propose that you may see fit that you choose to never use the S word that you might call them people again?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

get one of these - or have several of them handy. Great for keeping helmets or visors in place.

https://karakal.ie/products/karakal-headbands

Look like a good job alright

Do they deliver by post?

• Advertisement

You do realise that whole message could have been uttered by Adolf Hitler in 1940 about Jewish Ghettos?

What present day civic solutions do you propose that you may see fit that you choose to never use the S word that you might call them people again?

That’s not really fair.

You can’t say that someone who would like to see the long established laws of the land that we all live by enforced properly is in any way similar to the holocaust.

We can’t just throw up our hands and let the rule of law go to hell because these groups have decided not to obey them to the extent that it’s difficult to enforce them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement