Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

daheadonu wrote: »
    No release that on demon souls and no news on BC not gonna lie was really hoping for it, great show all around

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1306335931142565888?s=20

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Official pre-orders are tomorrow apparently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

A surprising number of what I thought were PS5 exclusives are actually launching on PS4 as well, including Horizon 2. I mean, I totally get it, and support it, I think it's a great idea, but man, they really should have come out before now and announced it, rather than bang on about how they "believe in generations". It's so weird, and kinda self inflicted.

See here.

Also looking like they're pricing their first party games at $70/€80. Fecking hell.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1306343398157234176

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone got experience with pre-ordering consoles?
    I will want to get the PS5 for Demons Souls but i ain't gonna pre-order nothing. How soon after launch would yez reckon ill be able to walk into a shop and just pick one up? I suppose Corona Virus might have an impact on the amount of units available so its hard to estimate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Spooch

Going by Gamestops Facebook page they are out of pre orders already. Id mine down since June so I wonder where in the queue I land. Can't imagine there'll be any walk in store stock until well into the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    With a fan patch that breaks the physics of the game. Nintendo are really not fans of presenting games differently from the original so a 60 fps port would have been outside the development scope of the project.

I played it to the end and got almost all of the stars. Never had any physics glitches. Was a brilliant experience. Game looked fantastic wither higher res and some post processing. I don't buy Nintendo products (since gamecube in fact) anymore but they age very well. At least the classic ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Bit shocked ps5 is sold out everywhere already. Presume it's worldwide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

RasTa wrote: »
    Bit shocked ps5 is sold out everywhere already. Presume it's worldwide

Think it was a good marketing technique to basically show their video and then say pre orders are open. Creates a rush and a frenzy. Worked like a charm. Personally I think it's a bit ****ty considering they said they would give notice but it's good business.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Think it was a good marketing technique to basically show their video and then say pre orders are open. Creates a rush and a frenzy. Worked like a charm. Personally I think it's a bit ****ty considering they said they would give notice but it's good business.

In fairness, they showed their video and announced that pre-orders would go live the next day. Officially, it's still not available to pre-order from Sony.

They can't control what other retailers do though, not so close to release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah. They got preorders open before MS and with less time to think about it.

Suspect we'll see a rush on xbox x as well. People are in a lot more so demand is far greater.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The initial batch is tiny. About 100 per store so they "sell out" very fast. It creates panic and then when they magically get more next week they get snapped up and people think they are lucky to get one and don't cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I was gonna hold out getting one for a year or two as there's never any games to play on consoles usually for the first 1-2 years. But making it backwards compatible was a very smart move, as it makes miserable bastards like me get it sooner. I'll probably get one asap but I'm not gonna bust my ass scrambling for stores in hopes its not sold out, likely when things calm down.

And im not paying €80 for Demon souls, thats crazy, heck they're doing well if they get me to pay €60 for a game these days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Little different but the last/current gen consoles are only getting the same with just the Virgil DLC.

SE only coming to next gen consoles as a new $39.99 game.

Guess they figure enough PC players wouldn't have bought it to make it worth while, or they're going to double dip and release it later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,076 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Michel Ancel quits video games to focus on a wildlife sanctuary: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-18-rayman-creator-michel-ancel-quits-video-games-industry-to-work-on-wildlife-sanctuary

He insists Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still on the way, but I’ll only believe that game exists once an entire year has elapsed after its release.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly I'm fine if Beyond... 2 is dead 'cos what I saw in terms of prior trailers & gameplay didn't look much like something worth getting excited over; and from what I recall, plus the publisher in question, was as likely to be yet another tedious Ubisoft sandbox anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Football Manager 2020 and Watch Dogs 2 are free in the Epic Games Store at the moment if anyone's interested.

Oh, and Stick it to the Man as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

pixelburp wrote: »
    Honestly I'm fine if Beyond... 2 is dead 'cos what I saw in terms of prior trailers & gameplay didn't look much like something worth getting excited over; and from what I recall, plus the publisher in question, was as likely to be yet another tedious Ubisoft sandbox anyway

But what about all the work we were doing for Joseph Gordon Levitt?

• Advertisement

HOLY SH*T!!! Didn't see anything like this coming at all

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1308028385877204993

• Registered Users Posts: 33,194 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CatInABox wrote: »
    HOLY SH*T!!! Didn't see anything like this coming at all

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1308028385877204993

It's official

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/21/welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/

Insane. That's a huge get for Microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 29,466 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow, that's massive. Thankfully it's a studio I have no interest in (I love Fallout but 4 and 76 were bollox). I wonder will they still allow Elder Scrolls to go multi platform or are they all now solely Xbox/PC. If so, a lot of PlayStation fans will be fairly sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Penn wrote: »
    It's official

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/21/welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/

Insane. That's a huge get for Microsoft

Wonder will they make those franchises Xbox exclusives now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭quokula

It's a good match, Microsoft believe all their games should work on old consoles, and Bethesda believe all their games should be written in an old engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,194 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Wow, that's massive. Thankfully it's a studio I have no interest in (I love Fallout but 4 and 76 were bollox). I wonder will they still allow Elder Scrolls to go multi platform or are they all now solely Xbox/PC. If so, a lot of PlayStation fans will be fairly sickened.

Yeah they're not a studio whose games I've played really. Tried Fallout 3 and Skyrim but couldn't get into them. Haven't played Doom either. But can definitely see a lot of people being upset if those games become Xbox exclusive.

Suddenly Spider-Man being exclusive to the PS version of Avengers doesn't seem like that big a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Welcome to Microsoft, Bethesda please report to Obsidian they're your new boss as they know what they're doing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So Obsidian and Bethesda are MS studios now...they should buy Larian next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's a bit out of nowhere. Quite the huge change in the industry. Hmmm. Would microsoft have any proprietry engines or technology that Elder Scrolls / Fallout could migrate to? Sometimes feels like I'll be on my deathbed and Bethesda will still br trotting out their heavily modified gameBryo engine for Elder Scrolls XX :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭quokula

Varik wrote: »
    Welcome to Microsoft, Bethesda please report to Obsidian they're your new boss as they know what they're doing.

I wouldn't mind seeing MS just give the Fallout IP directly to Obsidian.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement