Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I just noticed CEX is selling Death Stranding for 25, that's a really great price, tempted to pick it up again.

Photo mode is almost a game in itself. Spend ages trying to set up a scenario, capture it at the perfect moment, then edit out the rough edges only to be dissatisfied with the results. Just like real photography!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I saw that yesterday and was thinking of getting it. I'm torn between that or Red Dead Redemption 2.

One of them is an ultra-tedious self-indulgent open-world that revels in wasting the player's time with menial ****e, has terrible controls, derivative story and is at least 45 hours too long.

The other features an unborn baby strapped to your chest that can detect monsters from another plane of reality.

It is an easy choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I saw that yesterday and was thinking of getting it. I'm torn between that or Red Dead Redemption 2.

Get Red Dead, Deathly Bored is a woeful "game"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Get Red Dead, Deathly Bored is a woeful "game"

They're both ****e games in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Respectfully disagree. I was bored to tears with RDR2. Loved every second playing Death Stranding. €25 is a great price to try something different from the usual AAA fare.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say Red Dead is ****, not great but it was okay at times. At least that was a game, DS is a pretentious wankfest game haha. Anyways back on topic, DS was €30 in Smyths at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

wow... bizarre how Metacritic has this at 97%

Haven't played it myself, waiting for a sale.

mrcheez wrote: »
    wow... bizarre how Metacritic has this at 97%

Haven't played it myself, waiting for a sale.

Look who made it, there is your answer. Same for Nintendo, 10's.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

How is a game like Tetris Effect so expensive? It's still €20 in a sale. Fúcking tetris with fancy graphics.

Cienciano wrote: »
    How is a game like Tetris Effect so expensive? It's still €20 in a sale. Fúcking tetris with fancy graphics.

ah it's so much more... one of my favourite games, I think of all time, on my PS4.

It's a game BASED around Tetris, but it hits you with dynamic surprises that just make it so much more. Hard to describe but it's absolutely addictive, really has to be played.

I bought it for €20 and have gotten countless hours of joy out of it, really enhances your mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

ah it's so much more... one of my favourite games, I think of all time, on my PS4.

It's a game BASED around Tetris, but it hits you with dynamic surprises that just make it so much more. Hard to describe but it's absolutely addictive, really has to be played.

I bought it for €20 and have gotten countless hours of joy out of it, really enhances your mood.

It was already on my wishlist.... now I really really want it.

The soundtrack is great too, make sure you attach headphones to your PS4 controller for full effect, and turn on controller vibration to go with the music via the game's settings

• Registered Users Posts: 26,314 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The soundtrack is great too, make sure you attach headphones to your PS4 controller for full effect, and turn on controller vibration to go with the music via the game's settings

Your description really makes me want to buy this game I didn't know I wanted.

I was passing by CEX again today so popped in and got Red Dead Redemption 2. I had a brief lend of it in the past and really liked what I played so said I'd get that first. I'll keep an eye on Death Stranding and pick that up if it gets a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I liked RDR2 but never loved it, it was a fun game and i enjoyed playing it. But never fell in love with it. Played it, Finished it, Traded it in, never had an urge to play again.

bmorrissey wrote: »
    I liked RDR2 but never loved it, it was a fun game and i enjoyed playing it. But never fell in love with it. Played it, Finished it, Traded it in, never had an urge to play again.

I think it'll sit well with the slow pace of game I now like at the moment. I only get a chance to play when the 3 year old is in bed and the missus is at work. Usually at that stage I'm pretty tired so the slow pace is great. As said before, I had played it a bit and liked it. Death Stranding is an unknown quantity. I want to play it but I'm happy to hold off and see if I can nab it at a sub €20 price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,466 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I think it'll sit well with the slow pace of game I now like at the moment. I only get a chance to play when the 3 year old is in bed and the missus is at work. Usually at that stage I'm pretty tired so the slow pace is great. As said before, I had played it a bit and liked it. Death Stranding is an unknown quantity. I want to play it but I'm happy to hold off and see if I can nab it at a sub €20 price.

This is exactly how I play it. At night, when wife and 4 hear old are in bed. Can do a mission or 2, maybe some side quest or whatever. I'm loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

OK, all of a sudden I'm interested.

at-first-you-had-my-curiosity-but-now-you-have-my-attention.jpg

Like most people I thought it might be a rip off charging so much for "just Tetris" so I got it on sale purely out of curiosity...

Turned it on and played through several levels not realising about 3 hours had passed.

Then I understood the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

So, you're saying this will stop me from being upset that for some reason my copy of Rez wont play on my PS2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I'll keep an eye on Death Stranding and pick that up if it gets a bit cheaper.

£18.85 from Amazon new (link on right of page)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GVS0O0A

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Skerries wrote: »

Out of stock already :D

Damn, I'd have gotten it for that price too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Out of stock already :D

Damn, I'd have gotten it for that price too :)

Temporarily out of stock, you can still order for that price if you don't mind waiting.

Skerries wrote: »

That's mad, how come that price doesn't show on the main part of the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That's mad, how come that price doesn't show on the main part of the page?

It never shows the Amazon price if it is out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Borderlands 3 £10 sterling, Tesco @ Banbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,580 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Outer Wilds is €16. Please play this if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Excellent game, I played it on the Xbox, really enjoyed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Synopsis / comparable games?

Im about 70 hours into persona 5 and struggling to finish it so might give it a break for a while if i can get stuck into something else.

Advertisement