Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭Gormal

guppy wrote: »
    Looking to pick some brains, if you don't mind. Does anyone recall a competition to wine 6 bottles of wine? There's a mix of white/red, and a bottle of montagner prosecco in the mix.

I answered the door to the An Post delivery man via Ring today, and as we were about 4 minutes from home, he said he'd leave the package behind my car. I assumed earplugs or shoes (being the only things I've ordered recently) but it was a really unexpected box of wine, with no indication of the originator, and nothing inside the box either!

On the basis that whomever it was that sent it has my address, that narrows down the comp runners, but I cannot find anything via Google, or on the comp thread. Thanks for any help I can get ��

Yes there was one on the papers website, Irish Times I think. You filled in all your details, so it would just be sent to you :D hence the surprise delivery.

As for Instagram I've only 200 followers, mostly pages and a couple of comp friends. I've had a few small wins and I don't really enter that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭macguru

Gormal wrote: »
    Yes there was one on the papers website, Irish Times I think. You filled in all your details, so it would just be sent to you :D hence the surprise delivery.

That's happened to me , out of the blue delivery, from both Irish Times and the Independent, no note just the prize, had to go looking to what it was I had entered.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

It is nice to get surprise win in the post but frustrating when you can't figure out where it is from. Partner had a huge box arrive the end of January full of Irish Products blanket, pottery jug,chopping boards, chocolates. Candles. All homeware stuff. No note couldn't figure out what was going on. After some searching it turned out he had won a Christmas competition early December with one of the newspapers but they never let him know and it was almost 6 weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭Gormal

Well they can surprise me anytime...lol

I will never forget the cream egg, glitter everywhere, opened on the doorstep with the courier (right address wrong name). We just about died laughing.
    I had a sparkly path for a long time after

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

As for Instagram I've only 200 followers, mostly pages and a couple of comp friends. I've had a few small wins and I don't really enter that many.

Thanks Gormal, I think that must be it.

Glad to hear so many have luck in Instagram, obviously just not my turn yet :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Well they can surprise me anytime...lol

I will never forget the cream egg, glitter everywhere, opened on the doorstep with the courier (right address wrong name). We just about died laughing.
    I had a sparkly path for a long time after

I remember that one. I swear I was still finding random bits of glitter months later!

I know ive seen this previously but how did people sort out not getting a reply from the 50400 comps. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭DontBanMe

Win A Stunning Elder Scrolls Skyrim Library Boxset (open to Eire)
    https://titanbooks.com/competitions/win-elder-scrolls-skyrim-boxset/

I got an email today to say I'd won this! Thanks so much for posting rubberbandgirl, it's an awesome set!! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

DontBanMe wrote: »
    I got an email today to say I'd won this! Thanks so much for posting rubberbandgirl, it's an awesome set!! :-D

I am sooo jealous! Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Was there a Fitbit text competition recently with Tesco maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

PopTarts wrote: »
    Was there a Fitbit text competition recently with Tesco maybe?

Yup
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114069970&postcount=809

• Registered Users Posts: 85,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well my niece finally got the personalised Skeckers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just in time for school.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Get on the Coke promos guys. I’ve won a football jersey already (2/3 days in). The branded packs are slowly being released.

I’ve won so much with their Premier League stuff in the last year. One jersey, 3 X JD sports vouchers and PL tickets plus travel money.

Think the best tacked is to enter after 6pm.
    Just wondering did they look for the receipt, I got the email saying the jersey would be with me after their final verification. Has it come yet in the post or are u still waiting. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MsStote

Out of curiosity has anyone won two things from Woman's Way magazine?
    I was wondering if they put your on a black list if you win once.

MsStote wrote: »
    Out of curiosity has anyone won two things from Woman's Way magazine?
    I was wondering if they put your on a black list if you win once.

I have won twice. I won a hamper last year 2019 in the summer and I won a bag this year.

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    I have won twice. I won a hamper last year 2019 in the summer and I won a bag this year.

Might be a silly question but do you include all answers in the one email or are they separate emails you send with each answer?

Might be a silly question but do you include all answers in the one email or are they separate emails you send with each answer?

I do each one individually because you have to put the competition name as the subject, so they will go into an individual folder and be picked from each one individually I think anyway.

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    I do each one individually because you have to put the competition name as the subject, so they will go into an individual folder and be picked from each one individually I think anyway.

I've been sending them all in one email with the Issue number as the Subject, i.e Issue 35.

Might explain why I've never won anything with them :D

I've been sending them all in one email with the Issue number as the Subject, i.e Issue 35.

I do the same, won once books

• Advertisement

So is this the right way then?

So is this the right way then?

Not sure which is the right way, but im going to stick to sending each one individually, it has worked for me. I only enter for certain ones so I just enter the ones I want

I send them in all together with "issue X" in the title and won something as well so it really doesn't matter.

Anyone winning anything from the Circle K flip thing? Last year my partner and I would get things every few days. I've won nada from it lol
    https://flip.circlek.one/ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭wally79

Anyone winning anything from the Circle K flip thing? Last year my partner and I would get things every few days. I've won nada from it lol

It has its own thread

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058094358/227/#post114498081

Prizes were flying at start but have dried up

wally79 wrote: »
    It has its own thread

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058094358/227/#post114498081

Prizes were flying at start but have dried up

I've never even got two items to match never mind 3 of a kind!

Bacardi /Just Eat competition. Did anyone get a winning email about this competition during the week. They sent the just eat code but no mention of the Bacardi pack. I did send an email back querying it but got no response.

air freshener and drink that's it, wanted a froster, better chances the last earlier game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Win an Apple MacBook Pro 13 inch + Apple AirPods

https://www.virginmedia.ie/workrestplay

Win A Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra

https://www.virginmedia.ie/notethat

JPLiz: Answers please?

Jaysus lads. Finding the PLAY magazine is impossible. Anyone got anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

ShagNastii wrote: »
    JPLiz: Answers please?

Jaysus lads. Finding the PLAY magazine is impossible. Anyone got anything?

Answer to Galaxy comp: 3
    Answer to MBP and AirPods comp: 1 gigabyte

:)

Advertisement