Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Great Reset

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Say whaaaaa? (very strange the way you athiest guys shoehorn religion into every one of their posts,
    But it's the basis for your conspiracy beliefs.
    You believe that the bible predicted all of this, and that the mark of the beast is a real program that people are trying to make.

Why wouldn't I bring that up when it highlights that your beliefs aren't very well thought out and aren't based on anything sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,399 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Say whaaaaa? (very strange the way you athiest guys shoehorn religion into every one of their posts, reckon they're just curious for advice in these troubling times).

But you do of course realise than in the coming weeks across Ire & the uk (and many other states), test and trace programs will require you to scan a QR codes before entering public places. It's pretty simple concept and process to grasp, see China for a very good example.

So... after scanning the QRcode you will be prompted to enter your personal details for 21 day db storage. E.g. If you're a hipster cafe in Landan, make and print out your poster now, there is less than 2weeks to do this: https://www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster

That's a lie, I live in the UK, Most bars/restaurants etc do have Q.R codes up already and you CAN scan them if you wish, No one forces you to though, you will not be refused service if you refuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

King Mob wrote: »
    But reviews, especially from rando conspiracy loons on the internet can be misleading.
    They could be twisting things and implying things the book doesn't say because they decided there's a conspiracy.
    Or in this case they take quotes out of context to make them seem sinister when they aren't.

You guys did the same thing with other stuff before. This is not new.

Which quotes do you find"horrifying" and why?

Again I suspect it is like your claims of "disturbing smiles" and you're going to have trouble explaining what your issue here is.

Why is the reviewer a "random conspiracy loon"? Is anyone who doesn't believe that this is the worst pandemic since the Spanish Flu a "conspiracy loon", in your opinion?

I agree that the internet can be misleading, but unless he made the quotes up, which is extremely unlikely because another person could call him out for it, no amount of context could make what Schwab is pushing any less horrifying. If you don't think those quotes are horrifying then I don't know what to say. I don't think I need to explain why I find them horrifying. They speak for themselves.

If the quotes aren't made up, do you think they are at least troubling?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Dionaibh wrote: »
    Why is the reviewer a "random conspiracy loon"? Is anyone who doesn't believe that this is the worst pandemic since the Spanish Flu a "conspiracy loon", in your opinion?

Most reviews seem generally positive about the book. Then there is a clear sub-section of "loon" reviews by conspiracy theorists and anti-globalists

for example:
    strange how all the reviews have the same robotized drone line/comment ill leave you to figure that out, wonder if it will mention the populous being culled using "the flu shot" well you can shove ya vaccinations up ya poo chute, between the urine takers who wrote this and the likes of that cnut who owns micro$oft with his African vacine test experiment, this should be an alarming wake up for the ones who don't know they don't know but unfortunately its a case of if ninimb then they will roll over and go back to sleep, pay attention to putin and trump they appear to e anti agenda 2025, research the Bilderberg's , still think conspiracy theorists or a phrase i prefer critical thinkers are still tinfoil hatters? go on go and search for a cheap 5g contract and go back asleep.
    The Great Reset of structure within society. The 100+ year old plan to bring in a New World Order and the 1000 years of peace mentioned in the Bible.
    I used it to keep my dog entertained, opened the book having read all the robot like reviews praising it and it scared the life out of me to think people actual have ideas like this and wish to inflict them on humanity! Climate change is also a hoax

Loony stuff, most of these aren't even book reviews, they are conspiracy rants. Unfortunately certain books and publications pull these types of people out of the woodwork. Write a solid scientific book about climate change? you'll get climate change hoaxers "reviewing" it.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Most reviews seem generally positive about the book. Then there is a clear sub-section of "loon" reviews by conspiracy theorists and anti-globalists

for example:

Loony stuff, most of these aren't even book reviews, they are conspiracy rants. Unfortunately certain books and publications pull these types of people out of the woodwork. Write a solid scientific book about climate change? you'll get climate change hoaxers "reviewing" it.

But the positive reviews do look suspicious. Almost all of them begin with 'a very timely book'. But the one review that quotes directly from the book is rubbish for some reason. It doesn't make sense.

If the quotes are accurate, and I don't see why the reviewer would go to the trouble of inventing quotes, do they horrify you?

• Advertisement

So the conspiracy is built off of a review that selectively quotes in an out of context way. The op didn't actually bother reviewing the book. Right so...

So the conspiracy is built off of a review that selectively quotes in an out of context way. The op didn't actually bother reviewing the book. Right so...

I mentioned the review in addition to linking to WEF's own website.

What kind of context could make those quotes okay? They're horrifying.

But the positive reviews do look suspicious.

To you
    But the one review that quotes directly from the book is rubbish for some reason

That one reviewer is clearly some conspiracy loon, their first line literally gives it away. These types of people typically always use selective and out of context quotes, for example
    "2) The author is also totally in love with the concept of mass surveillance. He writes:
    "The containment of the coronavirus pandemic will necessitate a global surveillance network" (p.33)"

Ooohh sounds scary to you right? but what's the context. I haven't read the book, but I would wager a lot of money that the author is referring to surveillance of the disease, it's spread, etc.

And this "reviewer" does it again
    "Contact tracing and tracking are therefore essential components of our public-health response to Covid-19"

We use contact tracing and tracking to find people who may have been in contact with someone who had Covid-19, it's a normal common sense procedure. Yet he's trying to maliciously conflate it with the "mass surveillance" boogeyman

His entire review just does that repeatedly.

Again, I haven't read the book, but this "reviewer" is just twisting stuff to fit some narrative he already had in his head. You could probably do the same with a high-school economics book, make it sound like "New World order manifesto" with enough creative quoting.

The paragraph with 2)

A pandemic is a complex adaptive system comprising many different components or pieces of information (as diverse as biology or psychology), whose behaviour is influenced by such variables as the role of companies, economic policies, government intervention, healthcare politics or national governance. For this reason, it can and should be viewed as a “living network” that adapts to changing conditions – not something set in stone, but a system of interactions that is both complex and adaptive. It is complex because it represents a “cat’s cradle” of interdependence and interconnections from which it stems, and adaptive in the sense that its “behaviour” is driven by interactions between nodes (the organizations, the people – us!) that can become confused and “unruly” in times of stress (Will we adjust to the norms of confinement? Will a majority of us – or not – abide by the rules? etc.). The management (the containment, in this particular case) of a complex adaptive system requires continuous real-time but ever-changing collaboration between a vast array of disciplines, and between different fields within these disciplines. Just to provide a broad and oversimplified example, the containment of the coronavirus pandemic will necessitate a global surveillance network capable of identifying new outbreaks as soon as they arise, laboratories in multiple locations around the world that can rapidly analyse new viral strains and develop effective treatments, large IT infrastructures so that communities can prepare and react effectively, appropriate and coordinated policy mechanisms to efficiently implement the decisions once they are made, and so on. The important point is this: each separate activity by itself is necessary to address the pandemic but is insufficient if not considered in conjunction with the others. It follows that this complex adaptive system is greater than the sum of its parts. Its effectiveness depends on how well it works as a whole, and it is only as strong as its weakest link.

The paragraph with 2)

A pandemic is a complex adaptive system comprising many different components or pieces of information (as diverse as biology or psychology), whose behaviour is influenced by such variables as the role of companies, economic policies, government intervention, healthcare politics or national governance. For this reason, it can and should be viewed as a “living network” that adapts to changing conditions – not something set in stone, but a system of interactions that is both complex and adaptive. It is complex because it represents a “cat’s cradle” of interdependence and interconnections from which it stems, and adaptive in the sense that its “behaviour” is driven by interactions between nodes (the organizations, the people – us!) that can become confused and “unruly” in times of stress (Will we adjust to the norms of confinement? Will a majority of us – or not – abide by the rules? etc.). The management (the containment, in this particular case) of a complex adaptive system requires continuous real-time but ever-changing collaboration between a vast array of disciplines, and between different fields within these disciplines. Just to provide a broad and oversimplified example, the containment of the coronavirus pandemic will necessitate a global surveillance network capable of identifying new outbreaks as soon as they arise, laboratories in multiple locations around the world that can rapidly analyse new viral strains and develop effective treatments, large IT infrastructures so that communities can prepare and react effectively, appropriate and coordinated policy mechanisms to efficiently implement the decisions once they are made, and so on. The important point is this: each separate activity by itself is necessary to address the pandemic but is insufficient if not considered in conjunction with the others. It follows that this complex adaptive system is greater than the sum of its parts. Its effectiveness depends on how well it works as a whole, and it is only as strong as its weakest link.

Thanks

• Advertisement

The paragraph with 2)

Thank you.

To you

That one reviewer is clearly some conspiracy loon, their first line literally gives it away. These types of people typically always use selective and out of context quotes, for example

Ooohh sounds scary to you right? but what's the context. I haven't read the book, but I would wager a lot of money that the author is referring to surveillance of the disease, it's spread, etc.

And this "reviewer" does it again

We use contact tracing and tracking to find people who may have been in contact with someone who had Covid-19, it's a normal common sense procedure. Yet he's trying to maliciously conflate it with the "mass surveillance" boogeyman

His entire review just does that repeatedly.

Again, I haven't read the book, but this "reviewer" is just twisting stuff to fit some narrative he already had in his head. You could probably do the same with a high-school economics book, make it sound like "New World order manifesto" with enough creative quoting.

Thank you.

The reason I find the reviews suspicious is because they all begin with 'timely'. It's as though they were written by the same person.

But a lot of the other quotes are worrying. The one about not smelling fruit, for example.

Thank you.

The reason I find the reviews suspicious is because they all begin with 'timely'. It's as though they were written by the same person.

But a lot of the other quotes are worrying. The one about not smelling fruit, for example.

This line:
    "Simple pleasures like smelling a melon or squeezing a fruit will be frowned upon and may even become a thing of the past."

Can you explain what you think that means, and why it scares you?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

But did you read the review? What about the quotes from the book? Are they not horrifying?

Yes.
    What about them?
    No.

This line:

Can you explain what you think that means, and why it scares you?

I don't know what he means by that. Why would smelling fruit become a thing of the past?

I don't know what he means by that. Why would smelling fruit become a thing of the past?

If you don't know what it means, then why are you scared of it?

I know what it means.

Think, see if you can figure out what it means (clue: we're in a pandemic, germs)

If you don't know what it means, then why are you scared of it?

I know what it means.

Think, see if you can figure out what it means (clue: we're in a pandemic, germs)

Yes, but he's saying that post-pandemic people won't do it. It all points to wanting to control what people do.

Yes, but he's saying that post-pandemic people won't do it. It all points to wanting to control what people do.

Yeah and people might not do these things so much in the future, shaking hands might become a thing of the past, likewise squeezing bread or feeling fruit in supermarkets. Its down to people changing their habits.

People in this country used to spit all the time, but after large bouts of tuberculosis, and common sense advice, that died down

You seem to have this bizarre personal belief that there is some shadowy force trying to "control people" just for the sake of it. If that's true, then explain why this shadowy force wants people to stop feeling fruit in supermarkets? what sense does that make? You seem to be scared of your own interpretation of stuff

At a guess, the horrifying point he's making is that fruit and veg will be packed for reasons of hygiene. This hasn't actually happened but wouldn't be the worst tbh. Also you'll be perfectly free to do it when you get home. You're easily horrified.

Yeah and people might not do these things so much in the future, shaking hands might become a thing of the past, likewise squeezing bread or feeling fruit in supermarkets. Its down to people changing their habits.

People in this country used to spit all the time, but after large bouts of tuberculosis, and common sense advice, that died down

You seem to have this bizarre personal belief that there is some shadowy force trying to "control people" just for the sake of it. If that's true, then explain why this shadowy force wants people to stop feeling fruit in supermarkets? what sense does that make? You seem to be scared of your own interpretation of stuff

Thank you. That makes sense. I'm overthinking things, but the words 'Great Reset' frighten me for some reason.

• Advertisement

At a guess, the horrifying point he's making is that fruit and veg will be packed for reasons of hygiene. This hasn't actually happened but wouldn't be the worst tbh. Also you'll be perfectly free to do it when you get home. You're easily horrified.

Thanks. I didn't think of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thank you. That makes sense. I'm overthinking things, but the words 'Great Reset' frighten me for some reason.

the list of things that frighten and disturb you seems quite long and growing.

the list of things that frighten and disturb you seems quite long and growing.

But I think it's reasonable to be disturbed about the UN getting a choir to sing "a new world order behind closed doors", one of the most power men on the planet to smile after saying the next pandemic would get people's attention (if you think this one is bad you ain't seen nothing yet), the powerful WEF to be talking about resetting the planet, not to mention Lockstep in the Rockefeller Report predicting to a tee what's going on now, and Event 201 predicting to a tee what's going on now. And the reaction to a virus with a 99.9% survival rate (muzzles, abandoning the handshake to bump elbows instead, talk of health passports, and a possible mandatory vaccine) is so disproportionate to suggest that something is going on. I don't know what, but all of the things I mentioned above are, in my opinion, a cause for concern. And I think most reasonable people would find the idea of resetting the planet to be a bit concerning.

But I think it's reasonable to be disturbed about the UN getting a choir to sing "a new world order behind closed doors", one of the most power men on the planet to smile after saying the next pandemic would get people's attention (if you think this one is bad you ain't seen nothing yet), the powerful WEF to be talking about resetting the planet, not to mention Lockstep in the Rockefeller Report predicting to a tee what's going on now, and Event 201 predicting to a tee what's going on now. And the reaction to a virus with a 99.9% survival rate (muzzles, abandoning the handshake to bump elbows instead, talk of health passports, and a possible mandatory vaccine) is so disproportionate to suggest that something is going on. I don't know what, but all of the things I mentioned above are, in my opinion, a cause for concern. And I think most reasonable people would find the idea of resetting the planet to be a bit concerning.

you keep repeating it though it is not true. Event 201 predicted 65M deaths. have we had 65M deaths?

you keep repeating it though it is not true. Event 201 predicted 65M deaths. have we had 65M deaths?

There are a few differences all right.

But do any of the other things I mentioned worry you?

But I think it's reasonable to be disturbed about the UN getting a choir to sing "a new world order behind closed doors"

Yes, it means that after the pandemic there maybe be a new order in the world in terms of approaches to pandemics, economics, everything. Which is normal. When we had the e.g. 2008 financial crisis, it was a huge crisis and it changed a lot of things. The world changes and adapts a lot, just compare yourself now to your grandparents time - it doesn't automatically mean it's "scary" or "nefarious"
    one of the most power men on the planet to smile after saying the next pandemic would get people's attention (if you think this one is bad you ain't seen nothing yet),

He is at interviews all day long. I had a very serious meeting at work last year and the head of department and another director were smiling a lot because they had spent all night on the project and had private jokes. It doesn't mean they were part of some inside job.

And yes, the next pandemic could be much worse. It's important to remember that this one, whilst very contagious, in terms of death rate - it's quite "mild". We could have a far more dangerous one, and it's critical to remind the world of this so we don't slack off after this one
    the powerful WEF to be talking about resetting the planet,

Nope they are talking about changes that are occurring because of the pandemic. The world's economy was essentially put on pause for months - that hasn't happened much before, so naturally it changes things a bit. A lot of airlines, hostels, restaurants, etc, etc going out of business is a "reset" for those sectors.

You are taking the word literally and becoming scared of what you imagine
    not to mention Lockstep in the Rockefeller Report predicting to a tee what's going on now, and Event 201 predicting to a tee what's going on now.

This isn't a part of some "plan" or "conspiracy", there are people who love that stuff and fill the internet with their fantasies about it. It's a contagious virus, we've had them in the past, this one is quite prominent. Thankfully it doesn't have a high fatality rate. Yes it is concerning, but we are gradually reducing it thanks to masks, social distancing, hand-washing, medical information, etc
    And the reaction to a virus with a 99.9% survival rate (muzzles, abandoning the handshake to bump elbows instead, talk of health passports, and a possible mandatory vaccine)

Muzzles? when you cough you spread tiny droplets, the virus is believed to exist on these droplets and can spread to others. A mask helps curb or stop that so it only makes sense to wear a mask. Shaking someone else's hand helps spread the virus, is it essential? nope, so we stop doing it and use something else instead (the elbow bump seems to be popular). Again common sense. Health passports? yup, these might be a thing to stop the spread of the virus from one country to another. Again, a totally common sense solution.

Mandatory vaccine? No. There is a group of internet anti-vaxxers and fantasists obsessed for the last 2 decades at least that some "powers that be" are going to force vaccines on people. It hasn't happened yet. However, Germany and Australia have toyed with the idea, why? because anti-vaxx lunatics are causing infectious diseases (like measles) to make a comeback - which makes health professionals think "hey, these people are idiots, we might have to make them get vaccines for their own protection".

Again, the issue is stupid people, not the vaccines themselves.

There are a few differences all right.

But do any of the other things I mentioned worry you?

so event 201 didn't predict to a tee what is happening in the current pandemic. In fact you would probably find more differences if you cared to look.

as for the other things you have mention you have already had explanations for some on them on other threads but for some reason they continue to worry you. as you said yourself, you overthink things.

Yes, it means that after the pandemic there maybe be a new order in the world in terms of approaches to pandemics, economics, everything. Which is normal. When we had the e.g. 2008 financial crisis, it was a huge crisis and it changed a lot of things. The world changes and adapts a lot, just compare yourself now to your grandparents time - it doesn't automatically mean it's "scary" or "nefarious"

He is at interviews all day long. I had a very serious meeting at work last year and the head of department and another director were smiling a lot because they had spent all night on the project and had private jokes. It doesn't mean they were part of some inside job.

And yes, the next pandemic could be much worse. It's important to remember that this one, whilst very contagious, in terms of death rate - it's quite "mild". We could have a far more dangerous one, and it's critical to remind the world of this so we don't slack off after this one

Nope they are talking about changes that are occurring because of the pandemic. The world's economy was essentially put on pause for months - that hasn't happened much before, so naturally it changes things a bit. A lot of airlines, hostels, restaurants, etc, etc going out of business is a "reset" for those sectors.

You are taking the word literally and becoming scared of what you imagine

This isn't a part of some "plan" or "conspiracy", there are people who love that stuff and fill the internet with their fantasies about it. It's a contagious virus, we've had them in the past, this one is quite prominent. Thankfully it doesn't have a high fatality rate. Yes it is concerning, but we are gradually reducing it thanks to masks, social distancing, hand-washing, medical information, etc

Muzzles? when you cough you spread tiny droplets, the virus is believed to exist on these droplets and can spread to others. A mask helps curb or stop that so it only makes sense to wear a mask. Shaking someone else's hand helps spread the virus, is it essential? nope, so we stop doing it and use something else instead (the elbow bump seems to be popular). Again common sense. Health passports? yup, these might be a thing to stop the spread of the virus from one country to another. Again, a totally common sense solution.

Mandatory vaccine? No. There is a group of internet anti-vaxxers and fantasists obsessed for the last 2 decades at least that some "powers that be" are going to force vaccines on people. It hasn't happened yet. However, Germany and Australia have toyed with the idea, why? because anti-vaxx lunatics are causing infectious diseases (like measles) to make a comeback - which makes health professionals think "hey, these people are idiots, we might have to make them get vaccines for their own protection".

Again, the issue is stupid people, not the vaccines themselves.

Thank you for the interesting reply.

The thing I worry about is 'behind closed doors'. That makes it sound like a secret organisation working behind closed doors.

But WEF is talking about resetting every aspect of human life and behaviour. It's far-reaching.

I think the elbow bump is ghastly, but to each their own.

Health passports should definitely be resisted. Isn't a health passport similar to the social credit system in China? If they were just for traveling then maybe, but they're talking about them being used for more than just travel. By they I mean the people behind the health passports.

so event 201 didn't predict to a tee what is happening in the current pandemic. In fact you would probably find more differences if you cared to look.

as for the other things you have mention you have already had explanations for some on them on other threads but for some reason they continue to worry you. as you said yourself, you overthink things.

Yes, I shouldn't have written 'to a tee'. Sorry.

• Advertisement

Advertisement